Dat sores for international dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentplay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , i think its high time for a thread for dat score assessments for inter dentists to assess our chances. I am just finished my part 1 , now going to write dat in just 1 week to apply nyu. so all who are taking or allready tkaen please write your input here and help each other , common just get started :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

hmmmmmm lots of views but no comment or suggestions, it looks like i am the only international dentist going to write dat or no one yet given dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on guyssssssss just share ur experience about dat , i think am well prepared but any suggestions from those who already taken this exam are really appreciated since am giong to prometric center this thursdayyyyyyyy:idea:

hmmmmmm lots of views but no comment or suggestions, it looks like i am the only international dentist going to write dat or no one yet given dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on guyssssssss just share ur experience about dat , i think am well prepared but any suggestions from those who already taken this exam are really appreciated since am giong to prometric center this thursdayyyyyyyy:idea:

ur DAT and NBDE 1 exams are just 1 week apart!!! :eek: wow

Members don't see this ad :)
I week only unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyway all the best

ur DAT and NBDE 1 exams are just 1 week apart!!! :eek: wow

I week only unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyway all the best

NO GUYSSSS ITS NOT LIKE THAT , SINCE I CAME TO US(april 2012) I MADE A COMBINED STUDY PLAN FOR BOTH NBDE AND DAT THANKS TO NYUCD FOR DAT REQUIREMENT NOTICE ON THEIR WEBSITE LAST DEC ONWARDSSS THATS WHY I FEEL CONFIDENT NOW OTHERWISE PREPARING FOR DAT IN JUST 1 WEEK OR 1 MONTH IS REALLY HARD ESPECIALLY FOR ME (BEC AM ON THE SLOWER SIDE HAAHAHHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

NO GUYSSSS ITS NOT LIKE THAT , SINCE I CAME TO US(april 2012) I MADE A COMBINED STUDY PLAN FOR BOTH NBDE AND DAT THANKS TO NYUCD FOR DAT REQUIREMENT NOTICE ON THEIR WEBSITE LAST DEC ONWARDSSS THATS WHY I FEEL CONFIDENT NOW OTHERWISE PREPARING FOR DAT IN JUST 1 WEEK OR 1 MONTH IS REALLY HARD ESPECIALLY FOR ME (BEC AM ON THE SLOWER SIDE HAAHAHHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

ohhhh :D ok ...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i just want to say that be carefull for figures in PAT as they are not so clear as we seen in practice material. another thing you ll be given only 2 boards with semi erasable marker. which will consume at-lest 2-3 min while exchanging them. (i have wasted 4 minutes behind it) specifically in maths. so manage yourself accordingly. Dont waste ur time on what u dnt knw, just leave it and go ahead or mark it, but dnt forget to answer all the que at the end. otherwise everything will be good. good luck and dont worry. just try to give ur 100%. n u ll come up with grat score. again good luck.

thank you so much for your valuable advice, would you mind sharing your score???

pat 19,
qr 17,
rc 17,
bio 18,
gen chem 20,
o chem 16,
ts 18,
aa18.
thanx shreerajhans, i think it is really a good score for an international dentist considering the fact that we need to go back to our basic subjects after a long period of time. congrats for ur pat score which is really hard for me , anyway good luck for you

thanx shreerajhans, i think it is really a good score for an international dentist considering the fact that we need to go back to our basic subjects after a long period of time. congrats for ur pat score which is really hard for me , anyway good luck for you
thanks...and good luck to u too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think anything around 17 will be a good score for international dentists since we are not studying extensively compared to the us pre dental students and also most of them(predental guys) are scoring above 20 by taking dat 2 or 3 timesssss

I have confusion regarding the DAT scores what we receive after the exam. Is it the same copy that we need to send to NYU or do we get different copy?? Will really appreciate any help in this regards.
Thanks.:)

I have confusion regarding the DAT scores what we receive after the exam. Is it the same copy that we need to send to NYU or do we get different copy?? Will really appreciate any help in this regards.
Thanks.:)

the copy that is with you right now is the unofficial copy or student report. you can now scan it and send via email or fax(since its faster) it to nyu or take another copy of it and post mail to nyu. I just scanned it and sent via email. by the way how was your dat , would you mind sharing your stats here??:thumbup:

Thanks Dentplay. :)
I'm taking my exam on 18th.. How did u do?? Any tips for last min prep..

hello does anybody get any confirmation mail from NYU?? I had mailed my documents to university on 11OCT, but does not get any confirmation mail from them? any suggestions,, I had also emailed them havent got any response from them..

Thanks Dentplay. :)
I'm taking my exam on 18th.. How did u do?? Any tips for last min prep..

it was ok for me got 18 TS and 19 AA just keep moving and dont stuck with any particular question , you will be fine all the best, :thumbup:

it was ok for me got 18 TS and 19 AA just keep moving and dont stuck with any particular question , you will be fine all the best, :thumbup:

how u did with maths..am doing maths destroyer..and finding it so new,concepts and everything..any suggestion for such a less time i have..worried...:(

Dat math is so easy if u follow my step, u will get easily a minimum of 25

how u did with maths..am doing maths destroyer..and finding it so new,concepts and everything..any suggestion for such a less time i have..worried...:(

math was ok i got 18, just study the basic concepts and equations, the questions are not that hard but the problem is time management. u know that it is at the end of the test so naturally u may get tired at a time which need more concentration but luckily i heard that dental school is giving less weightage to it instead giving more value to PAT and RC since we are not gonna become engineers lolllllllll

math was ok i got 18, just study the basic concepts and equations, the questions are not that hard but the problem is time management. u know that it is at the end of the test so naturally u may get tired at a time which need more concentration but luckily i heard that dental school is giving less weightage to it instead giving more value to PAT and RC since we are not gonna become engineers lolllllllll

thanks buddy for the feedback.

n whats your step?well,i dont find it that easy...!!!

ok i will tell you my 10 steps to score a minimum of 25 in dat math . but i will tell only one step per day because if i tell all of them ,it can overwhelms you, here we go

STEP 1: BUY OR MAKE 100 FLASHCARDS, SELECT A SPECIAL ROOM FOR STUDYING AND START PRACTISING MEDITATION.

will give you second step tomorrow, take care:)

ok i will tell you my 10 steps to score a minimum of 25 in dat math . but i will tell only one step per day because if i tell all of them ,it can overwhelms you, here we go

STEP 1: BUY OR MAKE 100 FLASHCARDS, SELECT A SPECIAL ROOM FOR STUDYING AND START PRACTISING MEDITATION.

Seriously?:sleep::cool::rolleyes:

thanks for the suggestion!!!

Bio: 20
Gen chem: 20
Org chem: 20
RC : 20
QR: 18
PAT : 19
TS: 20
AA: 20

First of all, I want to thank SDN for providing best source of information and also to those people who had posted great breakdowns and it inspired me a lot. I know my score isnt that great but my breakdown might help someone. I studied for 3 months around 6 to 8 hrs a day.
A little background about myself: I am a foreign trained dentist and DAT and all these undergrad subjects I studied like 12 years before so studying for DAT at this point was a lot difficult for me. Biology was not the hardest part for me but for both the chemistry and math I almost had a zero knowledge. That's where SDN helped by providing a lot of information for what materials to use. There are many great breakdowns on this site which was really helpful for me as I was starting everything from scratch.

TEST DAY: I really liked my prometric centre and the staff was very polite.I used 15 mins tutorial to draw the grid for hole punching,writing few formulas for math trignometry which i revised just before entering the test room.

BIO: I used Reece and Campbell's biology, Biological Science by Scott Freeman 3rd edition, went through kaplan blue book which is totally useless.and destroyer.
Real test was a lot easier.No random questions .. some questions were so basic that I was surprised..I had four taxonomic questions which were easy. Overall the book biological science covers everything you need to know for this test and its also easy to read compared to Reece and Campbell.

Gen Chem: As everyone said I used Chad's videos and DAT Destroyer(4 times). It is the most useful resource for the chemistry. I also went through kaplan blue book which is a good review tool compared to biology.
Test was easy but few questions like 2 or 3 were not covered in chad and i even don't know what the answer was.Rest of the questions were sample calculations which you have to set up and conceptual questions..nothing too hard..

Org Chem: My weakest section was this. When I first started reviewing chad I couldn't understand a word. So I went through Organic chemistry as a second language for both the semesters. This is a great review book and supplementing with Chad was enough for getting good score.I also used DAT destroyer(2 times),memorized the road maps which was useful for predicting products.
Real test was easy with very simple reactions.Nothing was complicated.

QR: Too hard.I used Math destroyer..did all the 13 test.
Real test was a lot harder. questions were on par with Math Destroyer.I had too many word problems and which required a lot of calculation. I couldnt finish on time. I had 12 questions left which I marked so I selected all C's...with 1 min left.Only 2 or 3 geometry questions and a few probability ones.
The test which I got was impossible to finish in 45 mins but I still managed to get 18 and I am happy about it.

RC: I didnt do anything for this. Very easy science passages.

PAT: I am not really good at this.I used CDP 10 test version.
Keyholes were easier compared to CDP. Infact I had 2 questions which were straightly taken from CDP.
Top frond end was same level difficulty with CDP. 2 or 3 were bizarre and I couldnt understand it.
Angles were a little difficult but not as hard as CDP like you have to differentiate between 4 or 5 degrees.they were doable.
Hole punching was easiest on my test..no half holes,nothing of the sort...very easy..simple folds.may be thats the reason I could pull a 19.
Cube counting was easy compared to CDP..no illusion type questions..very few cubes to count the sides may be around 10 cubes per figure.
Pattern folding was harder than CDP. too many shaded figures.
I finished PAT with 2 mins left.

I wish this would help someone and I am really happy to be done with this test..Also pardon my english as its my second language. I wish you guys a good luck with the test.

First of all, I want to thank SDN for providing best source of information and also to those people who had posted great breakdowns and it inspired me a lot. I know my score isnt that great but my breakdown might help someone. I studied for 3 months around 6 to 8 hrs a day.
A little background about myself: I am a foreign trained dentist and DAT and all these undergrad subjects I studied like 12 years before so studying for DAT at this point was a lot difficult for me. Biology was not the hardest part for me but for both the chemistry and math I almost had a zero knowledge. That's where SDN helped by providing a lot of information for what materials to use. There are many great breakdowns on this site which was really helpful for me as I was starting everything from scratch.

TEST DAY: I really liked my prometric centre and the staff was very polite.I used 15 mins tutorial to draw the grid for hole punching,writing few formulas for math trignometry which i revised just before entering the test room.

BIO: I used Reece and Campbell's biology, Biological Science by Scott Freeman 3rd edition, went through kaplan blue book which is totally useless.and destroyer.
Real test was a lot easier.No random questions .. some questions were so basic that I was surprised..I had four taxonomic questions which were easy. Overall the book biological science covers everything you need to know for this test and its also easy to read compared to Reece and Campbell.

Gen Chem: As everyone said I used Chad's videos and DAT Destroyer(4 times). It is the most useful resource for the chemistry. I also went through kaplan blue book which is a good review tool compared to biology.
Test was easy but few questions like 2 or 3 were not covered in chad and i even don't know what the answer was.Rest of the questions were sample calculations which you have to set up and conceptual questions..nothing too hard..

Org Chem: My weakest section was this. When I first started reviewing chad I couldn't understand a word. So I went through Organic chemistry as a second language for both the semesters. This is a great review book and supplementing with Chad was enough for getting good score.I also used DAT destroyer(2 times),memorized the road maps which was useful for predicting products.

Real test was a lot harder. questions were on par with Math Destroyer.I had too many word problems and which required a lot of calculation. I couldnt finish on time. I had 12 questions left which I marked so I selected all C's...with 1 min left.Only 2 or 3 geometry questions and a few probability ones.
The test which I got was impossible to finish in 45 mins but I still managed to get 18 and I am happy about it.

Keyholes were easier compared to CDP. Infact I had 2 questions which were straightly taken from CDP.
Top frond end was same level difficulty with CDP. 2 or 3 were bizarre and I couldnt understand it.
Angles were a little difficult but not as hard as CDP like you have to differentiate between 4 or 5 degrees.they were doable.
Hole punching was easiest on my test..no half holes,nothing of the sort...very easy..simple folds.may be thats the reason I could pull a 19.
Cube counting was easy compared to CDP..no illusion type questions..very few cubes to count the sides may be around 10 cubes per figure.

I wish this would help someone and I am really happy to be done with this test..Also pardon my english as its my second language. I wish you guys a good luck with the test.
THANk you............really appreciate ur help........................:smuggrin::laugh:.............i hope u recognize me.................

awesome......:):thumbup:

I studied for around 3 months...

aww....i jus started in october,spent so much time in deciding what to pick and in getting sick..jus started end of last month...dunno what gonna my score..:(....you will surely get intrvw from nyu...:)....awesome score!!!

aww....i jus started in october,spent so much time in deciding what to pick and in getting sick..jus started end of last month...dunno what gonna my score..:(....you will surely get intrvw from nyu...:)....awesome score!!!

Thanks buddy..Dont worry...you will be fine and will get good score.good luck.anything like 18 or 19 is best...

anyone who applied b/w october 9 and 11 got completion email from nyu?? I did email them but no reply regarding my application status, dont know what to do ,should i call them??

Guys,I have 18 in dat,82 in my part 1 now I am prep for part 2 ....do u think I have any chance in nyu?my toefl is 98.....thanks

hello everyone.. hw many students have given the DAT exam this year?? does it will play a crucial role in admission process??

My dear friend dental bytes,,this is not the tips which I m giving... read the post carefully and then reply..

is 16 DAT any good with 108 on toefl and part 1 pass with one month shadowing and 108 on 120 TOEFL?
GPA stands at 3.4

is 16 DAT any good with 108 on toefl and part 1 pass with one month shadowing and 108 on 120 TOEFL?
GPA stands at 3.4

i think its okay for int dentist also ur toefl score will back up the dat score so very good chance 4 getting an iv:thumbup: