Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Database Search Issues & Questions

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Therapist4Chnge, 05.01.12.

1. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty Moderator Emeritus

Psychologist
    Faculty SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Does anyone know of an electronic database that allows for sorting by the # of times an article has been referenced? I could have sworn at least one of the electronic databases allows for this, but I haven't been able to remember which one(s).

As an aside, I'd love to be able to sort results by the impact factor (mostly out of curiousity), though I highly doubt that is doable. Anyone want to take on a fun project?! :D
  2. aurisha7

aurisha7

Psychology Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    When I use Ebscohost and search in Psycinfo there is an option when an article pops up for "times cited in this database". That might not be exactly what you mean, but perhaps a step in the right direction
  3. Psychadelic2012

Psychadelic2012 PhD Student

Psychology Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    This may be way too easy of an answer, so I'm sorry if I'm being naive...but what about Google Scholar? It has the number of times cited in the search results.

Edit: I just re-read your post and realized you want to "sort by" the number of times cited. So I was probably right--too easy of an answer.
  4. RGirl

RGirl

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Web of Science allows you to do this. It also allows you to search an article and see everyone who has cited it. I'm pretty besotted with it :).
  5. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty Moderator Emeritus

Psychologist
    Faculty SDN 7+ Year Member
    That's the one!

IIRC it isn't exhaustive, but a pretty good place to start.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal