DATfor NYU-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hii nitu congrats the DAT score was awesome . I just want to know what's the fee structure for the course that u suggested to take !!

Members don't see this ad.

as far as residency is concerned, i must give you guys a word of wisdom: very soon most states will require a residency..so its always better to do one !!!!
That's very true. They're starting to discover that 4 yrs of dental scharen't enough and I'm currently doing a residency and it def gives you a lot of experience

m planning to start prep fr DAT........

Members don't see this ad :)
m planning to start prep fr DAT........

amarbeer and erac ..how do you'l plan to go about the prep...there is hardly any time now ..barely 3 months....I think even i will have to prep and take the DAT ...for nyu :(

So I've talked to a bunch of people and have collectively taken their opinions. To those who have an interview or have gotten an interview: it's better to prep for that than to study for the DAT. You should put all focus on that once you get an interview. The DAT should be done if you haven't heard, and you probably won't hear. The coordinator at NYU said they may extend the deadline just because there aren't as many applicants as usual at this time of year. So it's all up to you. I was studying for the DAT but now i've decided to stop and focus on my preparation for my interview(s). Again, this is just what I collected and no one has to follow it. Just sharing. :) GOOD LUCK FOLKS.

So I've talked to a bunch of people and have collectively taken their opinions. To those who have an interview or have gotten an interview: it's better to prep for that than to study for the DAT. You should put all focus on that once you get an interview. The DAT should be done if you haven't heard, and you probably won't hear. The coordinator at NYU said they may extend the deadline just because there aren't as many applicants as usual at this time of year. So it's all up to you. I was studying for the DAT but now i've decided to stop and focus on my preparation for my interview(s). Again, this is just what I collected and no one has to follow it. Just sharing. :) GOOD LUCK FOLKS.

I second that thought, the ones who got the IV call are in the race, theres a big chance to win by polishing the clinical skills that we have practised.

i have no I V call yet but seriously "DAT" :mad: , go ahead if u can work well with annelids athropods taxonomy endospoes cotyledons dicotyledons anthers stamen and stuff, wait theres more markonikov rule adittion elimination of nucleophiles electrophiles benzene toluene and i punch my keyboard thrice. i tried to start the prep thrice. Dates published on websites are never pushed back , i guess they have enough applicants, i know people talking abt DAT a year back from now. but i guess everyone shd give a try even if its not even 3 months. what about score reporting time?:confused:

Bharat, talk to the coordinator. They'll tell you that they don't have many applicants this year. People are bluffing about taking the DAT. And the whole tutoring service is a scam. She's marketing the lady. Look at her past posts and she's posted it everywhere. I'm thinking of quitting of SDN because I'm fed up with the lies.

NYU does not accept nbde and toefl from us and its the same for DAT ...so ya directly from ADA . btw r u done with your DAT already HollyJ?

did u ask NYU people about this ?
i think we shd call and ask if they need original scores cause that will take another 3 weeks :confused:

. And the whole tutoring service is a scam. She's marketing the lady. Look at her past posts and she's posted it everywhere. I'm thinking of quitting of SDN because I'm fed up with the lies.

I agree completely ..hope people havn't fallen for it..and paid her..

Bharat, talk to the coordinator. They'll tell you that they don't have many applicants this year. People are bluffing about taking the DAT. And the whole tutoring service is a scam. She's marketing the lady. Look at her past posts and she's posted it everywhere. I'm thinking of quitting of SDN because I'm fed up with the lies.

yeah.its not possible that u, me, tontochio, erac, amarbeer, two or three more are the only peole talking abt dat

neways quitting sdn is bad idea it helps at times to realise that i am not the only one alone getting frustrated :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

did u ask NYU people about this ?
i think we shd call and ask if they need original scores cause that will take another 3 weeks :confused:

yea dat actually makes it just two months...and even I tried to start prep for it a month back...but i got a migraine..just looking at those alkenes, alkynes, enantiomers etc...and the PAT..questions..just stopped in a days time

Members don't see this ad :)
u thinkin of not giving nbde 2 or preponing it ?

hey bharat...i planned to gve part2 in oct...n even tuk d date...i applied to buffalo,PENN,UOP,UCSF,USC,UCLA,BU....i got nthng fter cont revw from buffalo...m hopeless from d same...dunno i myself feel it to be very tiring study fr DAT but den again i thnk f safe side in gvng DAT.......at dis moment m confused........if sombdy cn suggest wat shud i go fr..........

part 2 will help you in the long run...like god forbid if you have to apply again next year ..and also this year later for boston etc.. since all others will be done with their selections by the time you take you part 2 in october and get results..DAT ..will increase you chances of nyu ..almost assure you a seat...this year..so if YOU CAN STUDY ....go ahead..

hey bharat...i planned to gve part2 in oct...n even tuk d date...i applied to buffalo,PENN,UOP,UCSF,USC,UCLA,BU....i got nthng fter cont revw from buffalo...m hopeless from d same...dunno i myself feel it to be very tiring study fr DAT but den again i thnk f safe side in gvng DAT.......at dis moment m confused........if sombdy cn suggest wat shud i go fr..........

part 2 will help you in the long run...like god forbid if you have to apply again next year ..and also this year later for boston etc.. since all others will be done with their selections by the time you take you part 2 in october and get results..DAT ..will increase you chances of nyu ..almost assure you a seat...this year..so if YOU CAN STUDY ....go ahead..

no one can suggest i think, its totally upto you so may be just believe and go ahead with whatever u think is good. else watch pursuit of happiness its works for me once in every three four months :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As per time n situation......DAT shud b taken.....it will tak me days to gather courage to start wid.......i really dont want..:(

This exam sucks.....I d prolly wait a year rather than giving this...< just my thought>. but best of luck to those who are giving.

this exam sucks.....i d prolly wait a year rather than giving this...< just my thought>. But best of luck to those who are giving.

yepppppppppp u r right me too thinking in the same wayyyy GUESS WHAT EVEN IF U GET INTO THIS PROG U CAN COME OUT WITH 350K LOAN SO ITS WORTH TRYING TO GET INTO PROG OF 2 YRS LENGTH EVEN IF U WAIT ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!!!

Hello,Nitu I just want to know that..which books didi you refer in your preparation?...And also PM u...Please reply.!!

Hey Guys, you really think the class is scam?
I was planning to join them.
Does anyone else apart from nitu have joined the class? Please give some feed back if anyone has taken this class, as time is running out and i dont know what to do?

Does anyone else apart from nitu have joined the class? Please give some feed back if anyone has taken this class, as time is running out and i dont know what to do?

Scammmm. Run for your lives. Just take a Kaplan book, DAT Destroyer and you're good to go. :thumbup:

Thanks Dentovis. Have you given DAT? or are you planning for it?

I was going to and i contacted this "nitu" and that's when I found out. I'm not taking the DAT anymore though. I was fortunate enough to get interviews elsewhere! Good luck Shree!

Hi, ShreeDentist. Yes, this class is a scam. You should not believe everything on sdn. Like Dentovis said, read Kaplan ($40) and DAT Destroyer ( look on Kijiji or ebay, you can get it for cheap.)

Hi all....For DAT i came to a conclusion that dat destroyer, kaplan blue book, and cliffs biology is enuf....wat abt math destroyer??any idea about that...And apart from cliffs biology is anything else available in soft copy...??

Hi, ShreeDentist. Yes, this class is a scam. You should not believe everything on sdn. Like Dentovis said, read Kaplan ($40) and DAT Destroyer ( look on Kijiji or ebay, you can get it for cheap.)

I would probably buy the books and work out for myself.
Thank you Dentovis and thisismytime.

I was going to and i contacted this "nitu" and that's when I found out. I'm not taking the DAT anymore though. I was fortunate enough to get interviews elsewhere! Good luck Shree!

Thanks Dentovis. And Good luck to you too for the interviews. I have one more question for you ,if you dont mind can you please tell the name of uni's where you will be interviewing?
Thanks

I always thought that CLASS was a scam:D....I mean its kinda weird for that teacher to be in India!! I mean come on....I hardly think ppl would know/care about the DAT!!:cool: Didnt wanna hurt the fictitious Nitu:eek::laugh::laugh:

So yea- KBB and he destroyer will do you good...

Hi all
i visited forum after many days ...i was busy preparing for an interview i got
I just wanted to share my experience about my prep ....more so when i was feeling crest fallen for no luck for 2 years
you say i m fictious and class is scam .......just for your knowledge i m here on this forum since many years now .....you can search my name and my post ......i have interviewed many schools without luck and have posted all here
I volunteered to guide those who might avail this opportunity and this is the reward i get .......i myself have studied with a group of five other people ( class is not scam ).....other dont post , they want to hide so that they only grab the chance
And thanks to you guys for discouraging me on trying to let you know about a life line if you feel preparing tough
regarding classes .....she allow free trial classes which u can study and urself see how it goes ...and they its totally ur decision to join or not
i know many people who are studying right now ......one of those is stella ......she passed with good score too ....i will tell her to post

A hearty request guys ......plz dont discourage people who try to share and help others ......and pls declare some body a scam without investigating urself

u can search about me , .......i have taken both part 1 and part2 ...now DAT also .....interveiwed at boston, twice at colorado and once at NYU .....u will find my posts there on those threads from the times i didnt even know these classes

i felt helped from classes and wanted to share .....i feel discouraged now .....those people are good who never share or spread wrong info

i m posting a link where you can find my posts regarding interview in previous year
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=875398&page=5
and there will be many such posts
I am here on forum since 2008 and never posted something misleading
I always got help from here and always tried to help back
you dont want to join classes thats upto u ......but plz dont declare me fictitious or scam

I just tried to help you all ......thanks for reward

You need to relax Nitu. When people message and don't hear back they always think it's a scam. Plus I did talk to the "teacher." She's not even registered to teach anything.

People don't have to listen to YOU or even MYSELF. They should make their own decision. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

So just relax, I think the stress is getting to you. No doubt, it's getting to all of us.

Good luck with applications to schools and so forth. Peace out bro.

Well, I just want to let everyone know that these classes are not sham..I have been taking these DAT classes for the past 15 days with four other students.
I got to know of these classes from Nitu ..she was very kind in replying back at the earliest and she gave me sunila's email. I emailed her and she replied back with all the info about the classes. She offers five free trial classes so by the end of those classes, you are in a better position to decide if you want to continue or not.
I have been greatly benefited from these classes as I only remotely remember the subjects from DAT, having done them a long time back.
I feel it is just stress that is taking the better of us. But please DO NOT DOUBT THE CREDIBILITY OF THESE CLASSES.
Sunila is an excellent teacher with an in depth knowledge of the subjects on DAT.
I did not take any classes for NBDE part 1 or 2.. but took these as i was not confident that I will be able to do everything on my own. So it is entirely your own choice but everything that has been said by Nitu is true.

DONT get discouraged NITU

YOU HAVE REALLY SHOWN ME THE PATH
I also took the classes
done with exam
My score is not very great but still I could do it only becoz of classes
I got 20 or 21 in all sections but lesser in QR i was short of time
I feel so positive about NYU now .....Thanks to u nitu
Some people keep posting without investigating
Good luck all

This is what I saw from the link provided by Stella7. I saw some positive comments, and some negative ones like this: Dentists prepping for NBDE,

I have been wanting to give an honest review of my experience with Sunila, the so called as in her message says "study partner and a friend".

She says she is flexible, with time, fees etc. but all her dialogues are to attract YOU and your money. When I asked her for a due date to make payment, she didnt. She says she will guide and even tell you to pay "whenever"(I have yet to meet anyone who is so generous). But she will drag and be really slow in reviewing the subject, till she gets the payment confirmation. She will threaten you with 'no more classes' till she gets your dollars. She is not a happy person, if you pay her 100 dollars out of the total 600$ she asks for, and if you plan to pay as she teaches each subject. So be careful IF AT ALL you decide to study with her. Your plan will be all messed up like mine (and my group of friends on facebook who tried her class but withdrew-guess why?).

NO PROFESSIONALISM from her side, uses dirty language if you enquire why she does not show up to take class-about 5 days in a month(she does not like to be questioned cos she is "friend and study partner !!!???), and no message whatsoever, for her absence either AFTER the fact for her absence.

In conclusion, I felt she teaches well when I attended the few weeks with her, but mostly its frustration, cos no punctuality in starting the class, waiting for others to show up and all the time you have to be flexible with her "ways"- she says a lot of stuff you dont have to remember/memorize etc. - is she on the boards setting the NBDE Q & A ? If u ask her a question from what is written in Kaplan Review, she will say that what she says is correct as it is from a famous authors book and you can study what you think is right !!! Yes, she said that in class to someone. When she says "topic finished", class is over-even if there is still time to start the next topic. WOW ! Never imagine, guys, that those who want to earn dollars should have such ethics.

I now have a Study partner(actually a college mate) with whom I have been revising all the subjects and it works great ! We are going according to a time table to give our exams by mid summer.

My advise: Find a Study Partner instead of wasting money on someone who contradicts everything she says and is not honest about helping YOU with the NBDE.

Thanks for reading my review !

Dev/ani

.... I felt the same way with Sunila's attitude. No woman would be so rude.

Just an opinion you can feed me to the dogs if you'd like. I really could care less.
Also, I find it surprising that two people rushed to the defense of Nitu in less than 3 hours. Nice gang you've got there. Anyways, this thread is boring me. I'm out. I won't be replying back to anything on this thread. Good luck to those who want to take the DAT no matter which way they'd like to go.

hi guys, I m currently a D2 student at NYU, the school is good we have 2and 1/2 years of clinical exposure, I heard there were not many applicants this year, so I encourage you all guys to give DAT and apply, common guys we have 125 seats, the competition will be less this year, this the good chance to make ur DDS dream come true.because from 2014 the program may be increased to 4 years or they may cancel the program.And I also advise you that if you r a late applicant i mean if you havent applied yet, dont apply to Boston, Temple and NOVA, its waste of money because they call only the people who applied early, i mean in the months of april, may, june,july.they dont even look at your applications. If the application cycle of oklahoma is not yet closed u can apply for it even though their website states only green card or citizen and wes, they consider all visas and ECE and they call for interview and select only people who r good in practicals.

Last edited:
i also saw the link posted by stella
out of so many positive reviews the only one negative is put here
Well i can talk about my own experience only, i was told about classes by a close friend
my friend did part 2 with her and had very positive attitude and so is mine about her
her knowledge and grasp over things is incredible, flow of course is perfect, and above all i found her a very helping and honest person, ready to help even after course was finished and she always taught overtime
NYU has less application this time i firmly believe that becoz of her only i could do and place my application there
above all trial classes are free, anyone who is interested and try classes and decide himself , thats what i did when i started
Good Luck all

hi guys, I m currently a D2 student at NYU, the school is good we have 2and 1/2 years of clinical exposure, I heard there were not many applicants this year, so I encourage you all guys to give DAT and apply, common guys we have 125 seats, the competition will be less this year, this the good chance to make ur DDS dream come true.because from 2014 the program may be increased to 4 years or they may cancel the program.And I also advise you that if you r a late applicant i mean if you havent applied yet, dont apply to Boston, Temple and NOVA, its waste of money because they call only the people who applied early, i mean in the months of april, may, june,july.they dont even look at your applications. If the application cycle of oklahoma is not yet closed u can apply for it even though their website states only green card or citizen and wes, they consider all visas and ECE and they call for interview and select only people who r good in practicals.

So what are you? A student at NYU or are you a person pretending to be a student. You're posting that you got an invite to UOP and that you want accomodation but yet you "claim" you're a student. Listen, STOP posting LIES. SDN is starting to piss me off. It seems like a drug, but people like you are the cancer. :mad::mad::mad:

dear dentovis, y shld i lie, yes i am a student at nyu 2015 batch , i applied for UOP and UIC because they r 2 year programs and i m resident of california, i was interviewed at UIC and waiting for result and today i received interview for UOP, dont be desperate... and i can save 1 semester tution fee which is around $60000 at NYU..

dentovis,because u like people cry on us, many people who get interviews r not posting on SDN, even i went through this last year, but thank god i got accepted to NYU, at that time i didnt post abt my interviews on SDN, this time I was posting on SDN just to help U like people.. So STOP CRYING and concentrate on your career..

Your name hallucincations suits you. Buddy, I ain't shedding one tear. I'd like to see what the schools have to say with you apparently transferring from one program to the next. Believe me, they'll know. Let the others judge. I'm out of here. This is a waste of my time.

p.s: BRAVO on trying to get out of one school to go to another school where the opportunity was lost for another. You've got class buddy!

good , what r u trying to tell me? i gave my number call me, i will give u my NYUCD ID number, and complain them that i m transfering, who cares , I think you r soo desperate.. by the way did you receive interview email for UOP today dentovis, if so we can meet on oct 10th at 5pm thats when thew registration starts. I think you dont know about UOP, it is one of the best school every one dreams to study at UOP. by the way sorry if i had hurt you..but dont post such comments..

Last edited:
Dentovis has something bad to say about everyone. These types of people are known as douchbags, they are generally unsuccessful in life and go about posting useless comments on forums.

Good luck to all and By Gods grace we will get somewhere.

SDN is a public forum...And we are all in the midst of testing times...Please lets help each other...Lets make this thread a valuable place..please!!!

I am preparing for DAT....Whoever is preparing please post so v can share resources and also keep each other going....And whoever has given DAT please share ur experiences!!

hey frnds...m jus gna start wid prep fter ma frst rejection frm UOP....can ne1 suggest is it fine to start wid kaplan blue book...??if u guys can suggest som odr books....thanks..........

Can u tell me the Boston bench test perpetration teachers cell no o address