DATfor NYU-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys.. i heard that DAT hard? i am not start preparation yet but i want ..i have no any material or any link ....which score required for NYU dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

hey people with part 1 numerical scores.....no more DAT required for NYU !!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What???? From where did you get this info?
R u serious?
Is this a joke???

Its true...it ll be on the website by next week......i think they are ******s:eek:
I am anyways giving the exam since I booked it and I feel it will help boost my resume:confused:

not joking ...the new rules will be up soon...but to cut down applicants pool and make life easier for them....this is only for applicants with scores....so not for people with passs...they still have to take the DAT...the admission coordinator mailed a frnd:D

not joking ...the new rules will be up soon...but to cut down applicants pool and make life easier for them....this is only for applicants with scores....so not for people with passs...they still have to take the DAT...the admission coordinator mailed a frnd:D[/QUOTE its good news...........but still i hav to gv........:(

not joking ...the new rules will be up soon...but to cut down applicants pool and make life easier for them....this is only for applicants with scores....so not for people with passs...they still have to take the DAT...the admission coordinator mailed a frnd:D

is dre ne news bout extending d deadline.......??

is dre ne news bout extending d deadline.......??

Officially the deadline wont be extended..but I guess there are less applicants so ppl can defo send in their applications later on.....They need to fill those seats up!!;)

i hope i didnt waste all this time studying for dat when i could have spent that effort on nbde part 2 and been eligible for many more colleges......i mean seriously the only reason i tthought of giving dat was coz my part1 score wasnt that great.....i am loosing all hope now...
would dat be given any preferance or is it waste of time?//

Its true...it ll be on the website by next week......i think they are ******s:eek:
I am anyways giving the exam since I booked it and I feel it will help boost my resume:confused:
do you think they would even consider looking at the dat scores if u have a score on nbde... reason i am asking is coz my nbde part 1 scores are not too great and i assume people who having given the exam in 2011 and before and havnt got in must be like me with not so great scores....(even though sometimes luck plays a role too)....

i am agree with @typhodont .....i saw website fr nyu but still not any changes

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup it's real and Mara emailed me back stating this "Those with a numerical score will not have their DAT score considered even if taken."

So I hope people didn't get screwed over by taking the DAT if they had a score. :( Those with a pass, push hard because now that anyone with a numbered score can apply you'll need to get those applications in ASAP.

I'm sending in my application today! Even if my score is pretty crap.

Is this real? Are they not playing with our future?

Should we write DAT or not?
i feel the same....till now the website says that even nbde people with scores have to give the dat in the FAQ'S but if the are going to change it next week.....then what about the people who wasted thier time studying for the dat just to get in this college...it would be pretty greedy of them to not respect a students time and effort in order to fill thier own seats....i feel i could have used that time and energy on something better....
i am not against them in filling thier seats up....but dont you think students who have given dat should be given some sort of preferance...after all this was the only college which reqd DAT so if they change that all effort is wasted....i surely want my 200 plus dollars back...

ok guys i called up the students office and yes the above info is true....dat not required for people with scores...however....they say they would look at the scores if u gave it....i asked them any preferance.....he didnt give a straight answer....just said would look at the scores....so i dont know what to think of it....i am giving it...lets hope for the best......what a cruel joke though!!!

ok guys i called up the students office and yes the above info is true....dat not required for people with scores...however....they say they would look at the scores if u gave it....i asked them any preferance.....he didnt give a straight answer....just said would look at the scores....so i dont know what to think of it....i am giving it...lets hope for the best......what a cruel joke though!!!

He told me that there wouldn't be preference to the person who takes the DAT and has a score. He said they will look at the score for the people with scores and the DAT for the people with the pass/fail. So if you take the DAT, it probably won't even be looked at if you have a score.

Don't know why he told you something else?

He told me that there wouldn't be preference to the person who takes the DAT and has a score. He said they will look at the score for the people with scores and the DAT for the people with the pass/fail. So if you take the DAT, it probably won't even be looked at if you have a score.

Don't know why he told you something else?
can somebody else confirmed this...this is so confusing...he told me something else.....whats going on....

can somebody else confirmed this...this is so confusing...he told me something else.....whats going on....

everything will be clear next week...the only thing sure is that the DAT is waivedonly for people with scores..not pass fail.. they confirmed that over the phone and asked me to tell my friends if any that..since they are getting many calls regarding the same.

everything will be clear next week...the only thing sure is that the DAT is waivedonly for people with scores..not pass fail.. they confirmed that over the phone and asked me to tell my friends if any that..since they are getting many calls regarding the same.

correct......!!!........info is true n DAT is only required fr applicants wid result-nbde pass.....n for odr applicants...dey cn even mail dre DAT result fter d deadline........dec 1,while all odr documents shud b on time....acc. to d miss. who attended ma call.

she told me score btwn 17-19 is acceptable n also its always good to c higher scores.....so need to work hard !!!!!!!!

she told me score btwn 17-19 is acceptable n also its always good to c higher scores.....so need to work hard !!!!!!!!
erac did they say something about people who gave before pass fail scenario would they look into dat scores or not as a total package or just nbde score??

erac did they say something about people who gave before pass fail scenario would they look into dat scores or not as a total package or just nbde score??

you know ...honestly even they wont understand why people with scores took the DAT ...even after their announcement... why do u want to take it ? are you sure of getting a very high score...?

she said applicants wid....nbde score...wont b evaluated on d basis of DAT...even if dey gve it!!!.....Typho u must ring dem n clarify once again...about yes or no..coz somtimes dey tak so many pauses in btwn...n person lik me neva gt satisfied by d answers...!!!...i asked dem wat if i gt DAT scores after dec1...she said ahmm...u cn mail it netime during dec n wud b considered...!!

How ridiculous..!!! How can they suddenly change their rules. The money...time...effort are all wasted for those who have part I score. Let me tell you they just don't care about international students...There should be some uniform enrollment method for international dentist in US. :rolleyes:

you know ...honestly even they wont understand why people with scores took the DAT ...even after their announcement... why do u want to take it ? are you sure of getting a very high score...?
nope but i know my nbde score on its own might not take me anywhere......coz if it would have i would have got atleast one interview call....

moreover this dat announcement has been made since dec last year...so not everybody must be taking it this late you know some people with scores might have taken already....

....according to maya at the admissions department...thats what i got......
1)Guys with nbde part 1 scores dont have to take the DAT, however if taken scores should be sent and would only enhance towards the application and they understand that students took time to prepare for it and hence would consider ...but it doesnt gaurantee an interview or seat.they decided to make this an requirement coz they were hurting admissions wise
2)People with pass fail score have to take the dat
3) Scores of dat can be sent later than dec 1 upto a week to ten days but it is always better and more prefered to send by december 1 deadline
4)I asked erac point specifically as to students who have scores would they be only counted on scores...i was told that as always the whole package matters and taking the dat would only enhance your application.
5) The scores can be faxed as soon as you recieve it

Typodont, did you mean that candidates with scores were hurting the admission process?
That what made Nyu change the requirements?

....according to maya at the admissions department...thats what i got......
1)Guys with nbde part 1 scores dont have to take the DAT, however if taken scores should be sent and would only enhance towards the application and they understand that students took time to prepare for it and hence would consider ...but it doesnt gaurantee an interview or seat.they decided to make this an requirement coz they were hurting admissions wise
2)People with pass fail score have to take the dat
3) Scores of dat can be sent later than dec 1 upto a week to ten days but it is always better and more prefered to send by december 1 deadline
4)I asked erac point specifically as to students who have scores would they be only counted on scores...i was told that as always the whole package matters and taking the dat would only enhance your application.
5) The scores can be faxed as soon as you recieve it :):).......goodluck...:thumbup:

Typodont, did you mean that candidates with scores were hurting the admission process?
That what made Nyu change the requirements?
no she meant that probably they didnt get as many applications as expected so they talked to people in the higher management thats why they decided to allow students who have taken nbde in the score format to apply without the dat to increase thier application pool......

no she meant that probably they didnt get as many applications as expected so they talked to people in the higher management thats why they decided to allow students who have taken nbde in the score format to apply without the dat to increase thier application pool......
I called and emailed them today but did not get any reply. Are you sure that they don't require DAT for people with numerical score? It is not been updated on their website yet. Confused...

I called and emailed them today but did not get any reply. Are you sure that they don't require DAT for people with numerical score? It is not been updated on their website yet. Confused...

Its updated on NYU website that DAT not required for people with numerical scores and this is the last year of advanced placement.From next year it would be 4 year regular DDS program...

Its updated on NYU website that DAT not required for people with numerical scores and this is the last year of advanced placement.From next year it would be 4 year regular DDS program...

ohh so the rumors of the advanced placement ending were indeed true! gosh....applicants increasing and seats decreasing every year...with 125 seats gone next year its going to be hell...

I left my job to study for DAT. And now they don't require it. At least they should give some preference to applicant with DAT. It's not easy to study all those subjects we studied long time back. Hope they understand this thing.

I left my job to study for DAT. And now they don't require it. At least they should give some preference to applicant with DAT. It's not easy to study all those subjects we studied long time back. Hope they understand this thing.

I feel they certainly would give you preference.. Do not feel let down, I am sure they ll give you an edge cuz you have both your part I and DAT scores . Luck to you!

guys what u all say? people wid part 1 nbde score should take dat or not?

how can dey compare d students wid nbde score+DAT score(as mentioned dey gna still b looking on dre efforts on DAT,while decision making) wid dose of NBDE PASS+DAT score...dey shud hav d criteria based either on NBDE score or DAT score....earlier dey were offering flexibility on dre deadline jus fr DAT result n nao dey saying IT SHUD B ON TIME....i thnk now dey hav enuf applicants.....!!!

how can dey compare d students wid nbde score+DAT score(as mentioned dey gna still b looking on dre efforts on DAT,while decision making) wid dose of NBDE PASS+DAT score...dey shud hav d criteria based either on NBDE score or DAT score....earlier dey were offering flexibility on dre deadline jus fr DAT result n nao dey saying IT SHUD B ON TIME....i thnk now dey hav enuf applicants.....!!!

Frankly speaking, what you say is right. They cannot compare the two. Take this for instance, although schools do not have a mandatory part 2 requisite they do consider it as an additional qualification. So I guess they would weigh this scenario similarly. Because NYU requested all people take DAT , it would have a soft corner for those who took the efforts. It is just my opinion.

guys what u all say? people wid part 1 nbde score should take dat or not?

I have a part I score. Although I was planning to take DAT initially, now I have dropped the idea. Gonna wait n watch !Hoping for the best!

Do you mind sharing your stats?