Dating at Midwestern CPG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharma78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be starting the pharm program at Midwestern (Glendale, AZ) and was wondering what dating was like in pharmacy school. Is it true that everyone is mostly married, engaged, or in serious relationships? And the few that are available are kinda weird?

Also, because it is a 3 year program, are we swamped with work and have basically no social life?

Members don't see this ad.

You could always date people outside pharmacy school. If you can't find a date, there's an app for that.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll be starting the pharm program at Midwestern (Glendale, AZ) and was wondering what dating was like in pharmacy school. Is it true that everyone is mostly married, engaged, or in serious relationships? And the few that are available are kinda weird?

Also, because it is a 3 year program, are we swamped with work and have basically no social life?

This depends on you, but it should be doable... Saw people get married while going there, so it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really want to date someone in your class?

Didn't go to midwestern, just general observasion. Rough 1/3 engaged/married and 1/3 in a relationship, 1/3 free.

My advice is not to date someone in your class, but dating classes before or after is OK, in fact dating som one a class ahead might be quite beneficial on your grades.

I broke my own rule dating a classmate and we got lucky, everthing worked out and we got married, and 2 pharmacist income is sweet. But there were plenty of ugly split ups in the same class that were just stuck in the same classrooms for years,

On the flip side, liberal arts majors might be sex kittens in bed, but they'll probably make a giant sucking sound on your...wallet, for life if you marry one. So don't lose your head... No not that one, the one above your shoulders.

Reactions: 1 users

Had a white chick fwb that went for clinical psychology from there. Found her on CL. She is a freak :p

Seems like 2/3 of my class are in committed relationships with someone from outside of pharmacy school. The other 1/3 are single and for a reason. Nobody is dating within the class that I'm aware of. To be fair I don't go to class and don't know the names of half the people in my class to begin with.

The med students on the other hand...desperate girls and guys everywhere.

Last edited:

Northern Phoenix (Glendale) gives you quite a number of opportunities to date outside the school and you should take them. Unless the school's gotten much harder, it wasn't exactly 'difficult', just a bunch of stupid things with Integrated Sequence. The majority (2/3's) of my class were married and another 1/6 were LDS who would not date outside, and I think the youngest non-LDS single woman in my class was 33ish who was off and on dating the San Diego Chargers team physician at the time...Most of the single men ended up settling down with the PA's (in my day, you could definitely tell who they were as they were all stunning) and pharmacists they met at work. The entertaining one was one of my classmates dated the pharmacy administration prof's (one of the more traditional values professors) daughter behind our back and none of us knew until well after graduation but it still cracks us up. The saddest group were the DO's, I could not understand why their lives were so miserable even relative to their curriculum.

Social life? Oh, sure you can have one and be competent at your studies, school isn't anywhere near that depressive and Phoenix is a nice place for hiking. I lived in Tempe while I was a student and commuted so that my nightlife helped me forget the day in class. I don't think you can the first summer if they still pair Renal and ID together as they used to have really hardcore professors for those. However, you're probably going to be working a bit such that you sacrifice your time for $. Sigh, I remember the days when class attendance was mandatory. Even then, we ditched Parmley's (class didn't matter, she would never test off her lectures) and Rowles (read literally verbatim line-by-line off her notes, I still use a recording of Joie's homeopathy lectures to fall asleep so homeopathy was good for something and play it in class to tell "I had the worst professor" stories when my own would complain about the basic sciences professors being terrible).

By the way, I think I do speak for my class in the sense that we're a strong cohort even now, but school was a forgettable time except for them.

this x1000 - but that is from my n =1 of personal experience.

:)

My advice - don't worry about any serious relationship until you are around 30 - well unless you find that supermodel sex freak that is a millionaire - lock that one up!