Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Dating in pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by ImmunoPharmD, 04.25.12.

1. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    How easy is it to get dates with your fellow classmates? If they are not interested in dating, should I look into the other classmen in non-pharmacy related programs? Or what if I'm super busy with school and rotations, should I look up dating potential mates while at rotation sites? How do we find love in schools where people just want to focus on their studies?
  2. habeansha

habeansha

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
  3. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    I would love to, but I'm afraid I might be nerdy and introverted to the normy girls. Don't get me wrong, I would love to date a normy because she oohh and ahhh when I say something smart, but I'm afraid she might have daddy issues.
  4. Notecard

Notecard

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    We share a building with the nursing students.
  5. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    Basically, I'm looking for a hot asian pharmacy/medical student who is on her way to making big bucks. She cannot be strongly political (anti-this, pro-that), religious is fine, but not too religious. Her parents must like me, and cannot be strict as to prohibit her spending time with me. She has to be witty and smart, and must be able to make me laugh. She has to love playing video games, and once in a while make a comment on how sexy/hot I am. She has to be liberal enough to get down and dirty with me, but be conservative enough to not cheat on me.
  6. rxlea

rxlea Unicorn in training Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN Published Author NCPA hSDN Member hSDN Alumni SDN 5+ Year Member
    Eharmony.com
  7. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    As I said, I want pharmacy/medical students. I don't think I'll find those in eharmony. If they exist, they're probably taken by athletic guys. :(
  8. homeslice

homeslice

Fellow [Any Field]
    NCPA SDN 7+ Year Member
    Stay out of the same class cookie jar, if possible. Can it be done? Sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.
  9. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    I'm getting desperate though...should I date someone younger than me? I fear that the younger girls won't have prospects...
  10. amox

amox

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Undergrad campus *Devil Face*
    OoOoOo)00oo0
  11. SpirivaSunrise

SpirivaSunrise Go Gators! Lifetime Donor

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN Published Author SDN 7+ Year Member
    Come back in a few years and tell us what your new "must-haves" are. We'll see how many of these fall off the list.
  12. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    Yea I'll try that. I'm guessing chicks dig pharmacy dudes.
  13. 124bbb

124bbb

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Tall order, dude. I wish you well on your search for finding one that is dirty and tells you how sexy/hot you are too. If it does happen, don't expect it to after 4 to 6 weeks into dating.
  14. Parklife

Parklife

Marry a dentist. :love:
  15. type b pharmD

type b pharmD

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I dont think any of those are too unreasonable to ask, with the exception of the asian thing.. which cuts off like 75% of potential mates.

OP needs to up his game. .. Seriously
  16. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    Why is that? She has to be faithful...am I right?
  17. 124bbb

124bbb

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm referring to the end of the honeymoon stage. It's rare to find em dirty and full of compliments after time passes.
  18. 124bbb

124bbb

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You may have gotten some lucky hits, but I agree with Spiriva's comment. I've had a few nice girls in my time, but there was always at least one or two things missing from his list. It would be hard for me to find all those qualities plus have racial preferences and family expectations.
  19. floydfloyd

floydfloyd

Pharmacy Student
    What? no weight specifications? or preferred first names?
  20. amaprez

amaprez

What a laundry list! This sounds too good to be true! :laugh:

Given how you described yourself - "not athletic, introverted, nerdy" - how many bullet points do you think you'd satisfy on a girl's checklist? Professional schools are full of flawed people expecting their degrees to make up for everything else. Self-awareness is a good thing my friend.
  21. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

Well I do like her normal weight, but without the beer belly. Also, she MUST have a hourglass figure. First name must be classy, preferably French-classy.
  22. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

To her, I'll be the most romantic dude she's ever met in her life. I make her laugh, and she wants to be around me 24/7. I never said I was overweight if that's what you're implying. I'm not athletic in terms that I don't play sports often. I'm normal weight. I'm introverted, but I talk when I need to. I just don't many interesting things to talk about. I'm nerdy in that I understand things being taught to me, but not nerdy enough to recall facts and figures. I make mistakes too.

But it doesn't matter because she will love me for having these characteristics.
  23. browneyes021

browneyes021

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Are you serious or just horribly shallow? You're never gonna find a woman with all of those qualities. Whatever happened to smart, good head on her shoulders, with a good heart and personality?
  24. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    LOL I thought I was the only one with crazy preferences. But it seems pretty clear across the boards that these are our ideal preferences when it comes to choosing the perfect mate. :laugh:
  25. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

I'm not being shallow, I'm just acting based on my evolutionary instincts. BTW, are you a female? Can I hit on you?
  26. amaprez

amaprez

27. DASicari

DASicari

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    At my school almost all of the ladies are either married or in a relationship already so don't expect too much haha
  28. browneyes021

browneyes021

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    According to your list, I don't make the qualifications: I won't compliment you (aka call you sexy/hot), not asian, and I hate video games... not to mention, you're still in school, which means you're broke. I need someone who with a job now, not in 3 or 4 years.
  29. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

I'm not broke...I have grad plus loans to hold us over, I do work btw! But if you're not considering, then that's fine. :)
    Last edited: 04.25.12
  30. scoobygrl79

scoobygrl79

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Word! :thumbup:

Oh Immuno, you're crackin me up...how's your girl gonna maintain her hourglass figure if she's always stuck spending time with her "non-athletic", video game playing boyfriend? and.....how's she suppose to get down & dirty w/you and be a freak between the sheets if she's gonna be busy loving and playing those video games with you? :idea: Did not think this through. :laugh:
  31. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    hmmmm..I always thought that as long as you don't over eat you don't gain weight. Well, w/e my girl will be hawt.
  32. scoobygrl79

scoobygrl79

SDN 2+ Year Member
    nah, maybe if she's underweight, but if she just sits on her butt playing video games all day, even if not overeating-> it will show.

Oh, I know..It's already looking like she will be very hawt. Use the same line you used on Browneyes!
  33. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

Oh, are you mad/jealous that I didn't hit on you? :confused:
  34. scoobygrl79

scoobygrl79

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Absolutely! But I figured I wouldn't be lucky enough anyway because I'm sporting a really puffy beer belly and "scooby" is not French-classy.... :(
  35. 124bbb

124bbb

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Now don't be so quick to judge. Maybe he's addicted to video games like Wii Fit :smuggrin:
  36. hsb1104

hsb1104

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have a couple friends who met their wives in pharmacy school. That said, someone who's "getting desperate" probably shouldn't have such a long list of demands... good luck with that
  37. Tebowed

Tebowed

Learn from Schmitty and throw a $ in the douchebag jar ;)
  38. SHC1984

SHC1984 Removed

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I fit this list almost 100%, but I hate video games and my parents are very hard to please. They are very picky.

Come on now...think here. If someone is good looking and smart and have good money etc. they will be very picky and their family will be even worst. That's going to always be the case. Looks, smarts and money is ranked the highest on everyone's list so the people that have that are going to be picky.

Good luck.
  39. Momus

Momus

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Most women tend to date up. If your status/value is lower, you'd have tough time getting these girls. You want to outwit, have good looks, and make more money than her to attract those kind of quality you mention. Women NEVER date someone she does not admire. People tend to be attracted with someone with the same physical attributes also. Rarely, you will see a couple that's super ugly and hot unless one overcompensates with money/funny/smart/leadership whatever survival skill that man possess. Good luck building these traits or lower your standard
  40. Pharmer187

Pharmer187 Pharmacist

I met my wife when I was taking some business options in my final year of pharmacy. One pharmacist in a class of business students are good odds.

Now I own my own pharmacy and shes my accountant :D
  41. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

Which always sucks for me because I don't have money to start with. All the money I earn goes toward paying my expenses.
  42. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    This explains why I have such a hard time dating. I can't seem to get interested in women that I consider normal. The ones I'm interested in are in a higher league, and they're usually taken. If they're not taken, they usually seem super busy with school or they don't like me at all. I used to be in love with a female friend of mine whom I always thought was a league up in life. She always outright rejects me whenever I talk about us being a couple, with her reasons being has to do with me not being a certain height and ethic requirement. I hated her ever since for doing that, and I never talk to her ever again after realizing what a fool I was. Now I have trouble finding women because I'm scare I can't be good enough. Like I said, I don't have much money, and I"m not athletic either. :(
    Last edited: 04.26.12
  43. joetrisman

joetrisman

Resident [Any Field]
    Pharmacist SDN 5+ Year Member
    Dating the hot Asian is fun until it's not (or insert any hot girl for that matter). Generally, the hotter they are, the less personality they have and more maintenance they need. In the end you'll feel like you took on a psych project rather than a companion. Id focus my list on core values. Find someone that is kind hearted and has strong family ties. That's the sort of person you can spend a long time with.
  44. Ackj

Ackj

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    If your first name really is Scooby, that's interesting/exotic enough. I never really though about names being a big deal, and I've dated plenty with average names, but my current girlfriend does have a french-classy name, and it's oddly attractive. :laugh:

I never knew you were asian or liked video games. The hot girl who likes video games is a really tough combo, probably the hardest part about the list. The way I see it, you can't realistically be together doing things 24/7, so toss the video games into that "doing your own thing" part. Maybe she's reading, doing some hobby, watching a tv show, etc.

And for anybody who said Immuno was shallow, his physical specifications were pretty vague. He didn't say anything about weight, height, hips, bust, etc. Most of his requests were personality and family based, which is actually what you should be after.
  45. Ackj

Ackj

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Go pick up some heavy objects and put them down. Repeat for 30min-1hr, and do it >3 times per week. Ta-da! You're athletic. Sorry about the height thing, but at least shorter people are better at powerlifting.
  46. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student
    Maybe I should go after girls who aren't in professional schools. I think its better for one accomplished individual to date home-grown/normal guy/gal to achieve maximum happiness. Am I right?
  47. Its Z

Its Z Retired

Pharmacist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you're a troll, good work. If you're for real and young and dumb, here's one for you.

If you hunt and chase they will run. If you bait and trap, they come to you.
  48. PharmDstudent

PharmDstudent

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    You'll just be farting out $100 bills. :rolleyes:

Why not a vet student? More than likely, they're in professional school to help sick animals. What more could you ask for? :love:
  49. cuedee

cuedee

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I vote for troll.
  50. ImmunoPharmD

ImmunoPharmD

Non-Student

hmmm...this animal is sick and helpless. And no I'm not a troll

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal