Dating in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All that gender role crap is a lot of work. I love my guy friends and I love my girlfriends. I tend to get along with men and confident women best. I'm glad I don't have to find my way around all those "norms". So exhausting! Can't you just be yourself and still be friends with the opposite sex? I often wonder what that's all about. Why IS there so much tension between heterosexual men and women? Can someone please advise. Cannot compute. Is it really just the sex thing because, if it is, that's so sad.

I have trouble understanding why men and women have to be friends. We never understand each other. And the dudes who boasts he has a lot of women friends are usually never attractive, he just has them because he talks to much.

Members don't see this ad.

Friend zone is just an excuse men and women used to soften the blow of rejection to the opposite sex. Frankly, I think women and men should not be friends. There's always a motive when you're friend with the opposite sex.
You are wrong. I live with a girl I've known for 10 years and have never been attracted to her. She's more of a sister/secretary than anything. You must really be desperate if your relationship with a female is either romantic or nothing at all :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have trouble understanding why men and women have to be friends. We never understand each other. And the dudes who boasts he has a lot of women friends are usually never attractive, he just has them because he talks to much.

I think that's BS...something society trains you to think. It's so limiting. The whole "men are from mars, women from venus" is just sad. Too much emphasis on sex..

Friend zone is just an excuse men and women used to soften the blow of rejection to the opposite sex. Frankly, I think women and men should not be friends. There's always a motive when you're friend with the opposite sex.

Men and women can be friends if they aren't attracted to each other. If the woman is hot then NO the guy can't be friends with her. LOL

You seem to know your way around this site ;) I'm teasing. All joking aside, I have friends that have found luck on respectable dating websites like eharmony, match.com
As far as sugardaddy.com or misstravel.com are concerned, I would put those in a different category. I agree with you that the websites operating for physical exchanges only are for the desperate.

You got me! I did try sugardaddy before when I lived in New York City! :oops: I basically got a bunch of messages from old nasty men and that's about it. There was this one guy that's in investment that I talked with a few times, but other than that nothing happend. He was 39 and I was 24 at the time...the age gap was too big for me.

I never tried dating websites before but I hear there are tons of scams on there and I guess you can't ever trust someone you don't know online. That's my only problem with it. I mean what if the other person is some perv and is just looking for sex? Or what if he turn out to be a killer or something? You never know.

Men and women can be friends if they aren't attracted to each other. If the woman is hot then NO the guy can't be friends with her. LOL

This goes both ways, not that I believe it regardless.

Edit: It's not all about looks. If a woman is hot but dumb as a box of rocks, I'll never be attracted to her.

Last edited:
Immuno, what the hell is wrong with you...stop hitting on every girl that moves on the internet, bro. Besides, I already tried it...didn't work. Also, they could be a dude or worse...ladyboy.

Anyways, I have female friends I'm not attracted to. To make it work, I dont spend time alone with them when I'm drunk.

Sent from my PC36100

Reactions: 1 user
I think that's BS...something society trains you to think. It's so limiting. The whole "men are from mars, women from venus" is just sad. Too much emphasis on sex..

Women and men are whole different creatures altogether.

Oh dayum! The score is...

Men: 1 Women: 0

Sent from my PC36100

Immuno, what the hell is wrong with you...stop hitting on every girl that moves on the internet, bro. Besides, I already tried it...didn't work. Also, they could be a dude or worse...ladyboy.

Anyways, I have female friends I'm not attracted to. To make it work, I dont spend time alone with them when I'm drunk.

Sent from my PC36100

Wanna go out? You could be a female, pretending to be a male.:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly believe that women and men cannot be friends. I have never seen a pretty girl/hot dude become friends with a ugly dude/ ugly girl. The reverse though, means the ugly sex wants to become friends to get more. The hotter sex don't choose. The lesser sex beg. I don't have female friends, and I make that choice because in the past, I be "friends" with those I like. The ones I'm not attracted to I pretend to be their friends.

Let's say you disagree with me on this. Then ask yourself this: why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex? If you want a female sex friend, get married. You won't understand each other, but that's the passion. If you are friends with too much women, then you end up understanding them. You can't tie yourself down with one person if you have too many other potential companions to choose from because you open your mouth to every opposite sex you see. I believe men interacting with females outside of pursuing a relationship ruins the romance with another spouse, and this is why the divorce rate is so high in this country. You meet your girl, you get past the mooning phase, and you go "oh, well she's not like the past 50 females I've had. She walks funny compared to my other female friends.....etc."

Lol also many people tend to misconstrued friendship with acquaintances. Just because two people talk to each other in class, and occasionally an entire group of people (which happens to include the two persons) go out to lunch, doesn't make the two friends.

I honestly believe that women and men cannot be friends. I have never seen a pretty girl/hot dude become friends with a ugly dude/ ugly girl. The reverse though, means the ugly sex wants to become friends to get more. The hotter sex don't choose. The lesser sex beg. I don't have female friends, and I make that choice because in the past, I be "friends" with those I like. The ones I'm not attracted to I pretend to be their friends.

Let's say you disagree with me on this. Then ask yourself this: why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex? If you want a female sex friend, get married. You won't understand each other, but that's the passion. If you are friends with too much women, then you end up understanding them. You can't tie yourself down with one person if you have too many other potential companions to choose from because you open your mouth to every opposite sex you see. I believe men interacting with females outside of pursuing a relationship ruins the romance with another spouse, and this is why the divorce rate is so high in this country. You meet your girl, you get past the mooning phase, and you go "oh, well she's not like the past 50 females I've had. She walks funny compared to my other female friends.....etc."

Lol also many people tend to misconstrued friendship with acquaintances. Just because two people talk to each other in class, and occasionally an entire group of people (which happens to include the two persons) go out to lunch, doesn't make the two friends.

This is a good debate. I wish my ex was here to debate this. He had tons of female friends and he thinks its possible for men and women to become good friends. I am NOT sure.

But like I said before. I think it is possible if they are NOT attracted to each other. If a guy I am NOT attracted to is very nice and cool I would be friends with him.

I don't mind my boyfriend being friends with other women (as long as the woman isn't super hot) I know nothing will happen and I don't care. If the woman is super hot then something WILL happen, so therefore I would prefer they don't hangout alone...but most women aren't super hot, so I really have nothing to worry about. haha...

But yeah, guys and girls can be friends if they are not attracted to each other.

I'll give you an example, I have a male friend that is really cool and he is my good friend. He looks just like Usher and has his body type and everything. Tons of women find him super attractive. I do NOT though...(I prefer dating within my own race) so therefore I would never date him. But he is my friend. We went on trips together, we talk on the phone all the time, we hangout and everything. He really is just my friend and I would never date him.

It can happen. :)

why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex?

You could be friends with the opposite sex/anyone if there is a mutual value exchange. ALL relationship based on value exchange (not just woman/man), if you take value all the time without giving back, I bet you will not have many people to hang out with. Provide value, and people will be automatically drawn to you.

Example of value:
-A joker
-An understanding woman
-Certain skill set (you like being around he/she because he/she has a skill you can learn)
-A confidant
-Being generous/confident/decisive/resourceful
-Someone who makes you feel good
-Someone who is worse off than you (yes, some people like other people to suffer even though they don't want to admit it)
-Someone who is good looking (yes, it makes you feel good to have good looking gf/bf/friends)
Anything that you may feel is worth to interact with

Someone who suck value:
-Pessimist (Debbie downer)
-Can't vibe with another person (disconnected)
-Really ugly/disgusting people (they normally don't have many friends, do they?)
-Quiet people (they suck value without providing anything...)
-Beggars (that's why woman runs away if you beg, same analogy)

A lot of these seem superficial but you get my point. As long as you can exchange value with anyone, friendship can/will happen.

Last edited:
why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex? .

This is where men are the dumbest...sorry to say. HAHA...I was telling my ex this and he won't believe it, but it's 100 percent true. Women will want to be friends with men that are rich and successful. When they see a rich and successful guy they will all try to be "friends" with him. Well they are only trying to be friends with him b/c 1) they want to get $$$ benefits. 2) they want to date you b/c you have $$$. 3) you might be their boss one day and they want a job promotion. 4) they want sex. 5) they just want your money. 6) they want you to do a favor for them.

The point is if you are a successful guy and tons of women wants to be your friend...well they WANT SOMETHING. Please don't be stupid and NOT realize this. :laugh:

Like Momus have say...people aren't stupid, they don't become your friend UNLESS they get some benefit from YOU. All the women that are friends with my ex. They WANT something from him DUH! Why else will they be his friend? They either want #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 from him. They want something from him. If they didn't want anything from him they would NOT be his friend.

Men need to wake up and stop thinking a woman wants to be your friend for nothing. They ALL want something. Please don't be stupid. LOL...

Life isn't as superficial as you view it through your tainted shades. Friendship and relationships aren't all built on motives as you speak of. Yes there are diggers in life who only try to benefit through others.

But until you learn to realize the importance shared values in life with people closest to you, you will lead a shallow existence always searching to fill the bottomless void that will never get filled.

[QUOTE=SHC1984;12449114]This is where men are the dumbest...sorry to say. HAHA...I was telling my ex this and he won't believe it, but it's 100 percent true. Women will want to be friends with men that are rich and successful. When they see a rich and successful guy they will all try to be "friends" with him. Well they are only trying to be friends with him b/c 1) they want to get $$$ benefits. 2) they want to date you b/c you have $$$. 3) you might be their boss one day and they want a job promotion. 4) they want sex. 5) they just want your money. 6) they want you to do a favor for them.

The point is if you are a successful guy and tons of women wants to be your friend...well they WANT SOMETHING. Please don't be stupid and NOT realize this. :laugh:

Like Momus have say...people aren't stupid, they don't become your friend UNLESS they get some benefit from YOU. All the women that are friends with my ex. They WANT something from him DUH! Why else will they be his friend? They either want #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 from him. They want something from him. If they didn't want anything from him they would NOT be his friend.

Men need to wake up and stop thinking a woman wants to be your friend for nothing. They ALL want something. Please don't be stupid. LOL...[/QUOTE]

This is where men are the dumbest...sorry to say. HAHA...I was telling my ex this and he won't believe it, but it's 100 percent true. Women will want to be friends with men that are rich and successful. When they see a rich and successful guy they will all try to be "friends" with him. Well they are only trying to be friends with him b/c 1) they want to get $$$ benefits. 2) they want to date you b/c you have $$$. 3) you might be their boss one day and they want a job promotion. 4) they want sex. 5) they just want your money. 6) they want you to do a favor for them.

Men need to wake up and stop thinking a woman wants to be your friend for nothing. They ALL want something. Please don't be stupid. LOL...

That's why I don't have female friends. Like I said before, in the past all the female friends I had were the ones I wanted to date. The ones who friended me first were the ones I'm not interested.

Another controversial subject: I think me and SHC see eye to eye because we know Asian dudes have it the hardest. I've known Asian dudes who hates me because I can talk to women. Some will do anything (even give rides to females who lived the opposite side of town) just so the girls will even look at them. The hardest one hit are the fobby Asians. In high school, one of my friend would not help his buddies out with homework, but as soon as a girl ask, he would jump to it. Sorry to say that it's a sad sight.

I am pretty sure everyone takes their fathers last name. LOL...

And yes, Owlegrad it means the mother is asian and the father is causasian.

WVU is absolutely right. I am Asian, but I would never date an Asian guy.

Why is the OP banned? I thought this was a cool thread. :)

It's good to see you have had a change of heart to give them a shot since you now say you prefer your own race....

I'll give you an example, I have a male friend that is really cool and he is my good friend. He looks just like Usher and has his body type and everything. Tons of women find him super attractive. I do NOT though...(I prefer dating within my own race) so therefore I would never date him. But he is my friend. We went on trips together, we talk on the phone all the time, we hangout and everything. He really is just my friend and I would never date him.

SHC, these last two quotes of yours contradict eachother. I think this ex of yours that you're always referencing must have really hurt you or messed with your head. However, this last post is just not true at all. With it you are telling all females that they are only friends with a male because of your examples 1-6. You are also telling any males that are reading your post that if they have any female friendships, then she is using them & she is not a true friend. You just can't make generalizations like that. With your reasoning, then poor people would never have friends of the opposite sex, or homosexuals, or people who already have money and are already getting sex...etc. Everybody seeks their friendships for different reasons or different needs. Me, for an example, I'm usually the goofiest one out of all my girlfriends (I think guys tend to trump girls with humor so my gals don't have that skill). While I enjoy the gratification that comes with making people laugh, sometimes I want somebody to make ME laugh, therefore, I might be drawn to a funny male, rich or poor. I have some male friends that will get me NOWHERE in life, trust me :laugh:, so they are not getting used by me one bit....but there is more to people than money, looks, success, opposite sex swarming them.... Maybe that is all that guy that broke your heart had to him..ya know? *shrug*

Last edited:
That's why I don't have female friends. Like I said before, in the past all the female friends I had were the ones I wanted to date. The ones who friended me first were the ones I'm not interested.

Another controversial subject: I think me and SHC see eye to eye because we know Asian dudes have it the hardest. I've known Asian dudes who hates me because I can talk to women. Some will do anything (even give rides to females who lived the opposite side of town) just so the girls will even look at them. The hardest one hit are the fobby Asians. In high school, one of my friend would not help his buddies out with homework, but as soon as a girl ask, he would jump to it. Sorry to say that it's a sad sight.

Let me stop you right there. You're giving us Asian guys a bad name. All of the friends you mention in that post are incredibly desperate and pride-less. One's ethnicity has nothing to do with not having game or being socially awkward with girls (outside of new immigrants who have a language + culture barrier to overcome). If you were born in this country, you were afforded the same advantages, and you should not be using the ethnicity excuse for personal failures with the other sex.

By the way, I happen to have many Asian friends who are smart, well-adjusted, charming, and charismatic. Sounds like you've surrounded yourself with the opposite type of people.

Let me stop you right there. You're giving us Asian guys a bad name. All of the friends you mention in that post are incredibly desperate and pride-less. One's ethnicity has nothing to do with not having game or being socially awkward with girls (outside of new immigrants who have a language + culture barrier to overcome). If you were born in this country, you were afforded the same advantages, and you should not be using the ethnicity excuse for personal failures with the other sex.

By the way, I happen to have many Asian friends who are smart, well-adjusted, charming, and charismatic. Sounds like you've surrounded yourself with the opposite type of people.

Agreed. Don't let your ethnicity hinder you. I know confident Asian guys who date attractive women. I know Asian guys with low self-esteem who don't get any attention. Just be confident and successful and everything else will fall into place.

I'm banned???????? or about to???? Jeez whose nerve did I hit. :( All I ask was if it is possible to date a fellow colleague, and then it turned into a men vs women war. >.<

It's good to see you have had a change of heart to give them a shot since you now say you prefer your own race....

SHC, these last two quotes of yours contradict eachother. I think this ex of yours that you're always referencing must have really hurt you or messed with your head. However, this last post is just not true at all. With it you are telling all females that they are only friends with a male because of your examples 1-6. You are also telling any males that are reading your post that if they have any female friendships, then she is using them & she is not a true friend. You just can't make generalizations like that. With your reasoning, then poor people would never have friends of the opposite sex, or homosexuals, or people who already have money and are already getting sex...etc. Everybody seeks their friendships for different reasons or different needs. Me, for an example, I'm usually the goofiest one out of all my girlfriends (I think guys tend to trump girls with humor so my gals don't have that skill). While I enjoy the gratification that comes with making people laugh, sometimes I want somebody to make ME laugh, therefore, I might be drawn to a funny male, rich or poor. I have some male friends that will get me NOWHERE in life, trust me :laugh:, so they are not getting used by me one bit....but there is more to people than money, looks, success, opposite sex swarming them.... Maybe that is all that guy that broke your heart had to him..ya know? *shrug*

Well if you do not know, I AM really funny :cool:

Yeah, I didn't use to like Asian guys that much before I just wasn't all that attracted to them. I use to only like Causasian guys, but now I like both. LOL....I still think Causasian guys are much more attractive but I think there are tons of advantages to dating within your own race. Its most likely for the best. :)

I don't mean to say ALL. I don't thnk I say ALL did I? The OP was talking about if it's possible for men and women to be friends. I mention my ex b/c we talked about this subject before that is all. My answer is it is possible if 1) they aren't attracted to each to other. Thats ONE possibility. But it's very RARE...usually ONE person is attracted to the other person b/c NO ONE on earth will keep on contacting someone if they aren't attracted to them. I would NOT keep on callling a guy and wanting to see him and wanting to hangout with him 24/7 if I didn't like him at all...You know what I mean? I guess if a girl is really bored she could want to hangout with a guy she doesn't find attractive 24/7 but I don't have that kind of time. Sorry. Or 2) if you are rich and successful then people will be attracted to you and want your friendship. This is the PHARMACY FORUM so people on here make SIX FIGURES. Of course there will be women naturally after these men. No crap! I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to FIGURE that one out! It should be common sense. LOL.... If a guy makes 6 or 7 figures and all of a sudden women flock to him and start wanting to hangout and be friends. WHY DO YOU THINK? It's b/c all the women in the world all of a sudden thought he had a nice personality? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I guess if you want to believe that then that's fine. :oops:

At high school all the guys wanted to hang out with the hot girls.

You didn't see many guys hanging out with the overweight or aesthetically challenged girls no matter how nice a person or how great a personality they had.

This doesn't change as we grow older either.

I don't thnk I say ALL did I?

You did say "all", but that is okay, you were just trying to make your point..

He looks just like Usher and has his body type and everything. Tons of women find him super attractive. I do NOT though...(I prefer dating within my own race) so therefore I would never date him. But he is my friend. We went on trips together, we talk on the phone all the time, we hangout and everything. He really is just my friend and I would never date him.

I guess if a girl is really bored she could want to hangout with a guy she doesn't find attractive 24/7 but I don't have that kind of time. Sorry.

:confused: Then Usher boy and you taking trips and talking on the phone all the time doesn't fit in with your logic.
I'm not disagreeing with you because I'm sure what youre saying does pertain to some people, I just think we all have our own personal agendas when it comes to relationships. Not all people are lured by money and success when choosing friends or people they would like to spend time with, thats all. :)

Basically, I'm looking for a hot asian pharmacy/medical student who is on her way to making big bucks. She cannot be strongly political (anti-this, pro-that), religious is fine, but not too religious. Her parents must like me, and cannot be strict as to prohibit her spending time with me. She has to be witty and smart, and must be able to make me laugh. She has to love playing video games, and once in a while make a comment on how sexy/hot I am. She has to be liberal enough to get down and dirty with me, but be conservative enough to not cheat on me.

This is the point where you became a joke.

You did say "all", but that is okay, you were just trying to make your point..

:confused: Then Usher boy and you taking trips and talking on the phone all the time doesn't fit in with your logic.
I'm not disagreeing with you because I'm sure what youre saying does pertain to some people, I just think we all have our own personal agendas when it comes to relationships. Not all people are lured by money and success when choosing friends or people they would like to spend time with, thats all. :)

My situation is really strange...haha...If my friend was Asian or Cauasian I would fall for him. Well, he is too much of a player so maybe not...but still I think my situation is TOO RARE and maybe 1 in a million people have the same situation as me. Me and my friend also don't hangout ALL the time just when we have time. We don't talk as much as before either b/c pharmacy school keeps me very busy.

I see your point too. Guys and girls can be friends if they aren't attracted to each other, but in that case they would talk once in a while. Neither one of them will call the other person ALL the time or do anything WAY out of their way for each other.

Basically if one person is calling the other person ALL the time or wants to see him or her all the time or is willing to do something WAY out of the way to see the other person etc. Then chances are that one person wants more than friendship. But if they only see each other or talk to each other once in a while and neither have the urge to hangout with the other person 24/7 then it's most likely friendship.

You didn't see many guys hanging out with the overweight or aesthetically challenged girls no matter how nice a person or how great a personality they had.

Guys only want to hangout with hot girls.

Girls only want to hangout with rich guys. (last time I check I don't ever see a bunch of women going out of their ways to hangout with someone that works at McDonalds.)

This def does not change as we grow older.

You are right! :laugh:

Wanna go out? You could be a female, pretending to be a male.:love:

Neh. I'm all male last time I checked. U can ask the snake in my pants if u need verification. But if ur so desperate for a date, I will be happy to oblige as ur female companion. There's this cute dress I want to try out anyway but I must warn u that chances are I won't be. Shaving will cost u extra but I'll wear the G-string made from dental floss for free. The pic is good reference.
View attachment sakura.JPG

Last edited:
Then ask yourself this: why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex?

I can't speak for the Martians, but on Earth, I agree that generally people follow the Principles of Momus. Just because u can't have sex with ur female friend does not make the friendship less valuable.

Why do I do it? Some examples...
1. They may have hot friends I like to meet.
2. They are fun and helpful in certain areas for advice and things.
3. They can be better than wingmen.
4. They provide good company. Aren't u tired hanging out with guys all the time?
5. They can be like ur little dorky sisters u don't have.

I treat my gf differently than my female friends. I don't open door for them for example, but lock the door after me to see their reaction. I don't try to get in their pants. Just like how I treat my guy friends. If they gain weight, I'll tell them the truth. If I get married, then I may stop seeing female friends for my wife if she cares.

Girls only want to hangout with rich guys. (last time I check I don't ever see a bunch of women going out of their ways to hangout with someone that works at McDonalds.)

This is so silly. I have many male friends, and always have. I'm by no means hot. My best male friend is definitely not rich.

SHC, tell me if I'm wrong, but I can't help but think ur some kind of hot ladyboy. My thorough analysis suggests the high probability of you being one. I can't think of any other explanations.

Based on posts of others and urs, you are smart, sexy, and hot. Knockout combos. That's the whole sha-bang. So the question of the week is why can't u keep guys interested in u for long? PM if u need to ;)

SHC, tell me if I'm wrong, but I can't help but think ur some kind of hot ladyboy. My thorough analysis suggests the high probability of you being one. I can't think of any other explanations.

Based on posts of others and urs, you are smart, sexy, and hot. Knockout combos. That's the whole sha-bang. So the question of the week is why can't u keep guys interested in u for long? PM if u need to ;)

Back off! :mad: She's mine! :love:

+ over 9000

I honestly believe that women and men cannot be friends. I have never seen a pretty girl/hot dude become friends with a ugly dude/ ugly girl. The reverse though, means the ugly sex wants to become friends to get more. The hotter sex don't choose. The lesser sex beg.
We're talking about friendships, right, and nothing more? :confused:
I'm by far not the best looking dude around and I have plenty of friends of both sexes across any number of strata. Maybe this is something people just obsess about before they're 21 and can drink?

I don't have female friends, and I make that choice because in the past, I be "friends" with those I like. The ones I'm not attracted to I pretend to be their friends.

Let's say you disagree with me on this. Then ask yourself this: why on EARTH would you want to be friends with the opposite sex?
For the same reason you would be friends with a male? So you can tell fart jokes and talk about women walking by. :smuggrin:

If you want a female sex friend, get married.
I think I know what you're trying to say here, but boy did it come out wrong.

You won't understand each other, but that's the passion. If you are friends with too much women, then you end up understanding them. You can't tie yourself down with one person if you have too many other potential companions to choose from because you open your mouth to every opposite sex you see. I believe men interacting with females outside of pursuing a relationship ruins the romance with another spouse, and this is why the divorce rate is so high in this country.
I thought it was because of all the female sex friends men have. :smuggrin:

You meet your girl, you get past the mooning phase, and you go "oh, well she's not like the past 50 females I've had. She walks funny compared to my other female friends.....etc."
Selectivity is awesome. Speaking from experience, I'm sure glad I didn't settle for the first girl.

You have some complicated views on friendship, that's for sure.

I would NEVER data anyone in my class (if I was single). It just strikes me as being a setup for a disaster. Any time there's a falling out, that stuff spreads like wildfire. When you have organizational meetings with 100+ members in attendance, and classroom lessons with 100+ students around you, do you really want them all whispering about you?

Hit up the undergrads, have some fun, and worry about a serious relationship when you have the time. :thumbup:

I'm decent looking and I make pretty good money but I have non-attractive female friends.

Yeah, I didn't use to like Asian guys that much before I just wasn't all that attracted to them. I use to only like Causasian guys, but now I like both. LOL....I still think Causasian guys are much more attractive

huh...? :eek: Somehow I missed this but I swear you are the only mean ass who gets away with posting these kinda things in a place you know is crawling with Asian boys...yet they STILL fight over you..:laugh: its funny

Whew, you are one tough cookie...everytime I come across one of your gutsy comments that is guaranteed to offend at least one person, My Chick Bad by Ludacris starts playing in my head...I wonder when youre sitting in front of your computer or phone getting ready to post something outrageous, if you look as deranged as Nicki M does in the video...haha

A high school boy usually only cares about the looks and how much sex. But as he nears 30, a girl's capability, family liabilities, maintainence level, other general "marriagability" can become just as important. No, the girl can't repugnant, but a more in-depth analysis of which girl to marry, other than just based on looks and sex, tends to come with age and experience. ;)

You could be friends with the opposite sex/anyone if there is a mutual value exchange. ALL relationship based on value exchange (not just woman/man), if you take value all the time without giving back, I bet you will not have many people to hang out with. Provide value, and people will be automatically drawn to you.

Example of value:
-A joker
-An understanding woman
-Certain skill set (you like being around he/she because he/she has a skill you can learn)
-A confidant
-Being generous/confident/decisive/resourceful
-Someone who makes you feel good
-Someone who is worse off than you (yes, some people like other people to suffer even though they don't want to admit it)
-Someone who is good looking (yes, it makes you feel good to have good looking gf/bf/friends)
Anything that you may feel is worth to interact with

Someone who suck value:
-Pessimist (Debbie downer)
-Can't vibe with another person (disconnected)
-Really ugly/disgusting people (they normally don't have many friends, do they?)
-Quiet people (they suck value without providing anything...)
-Beggars (that's why woman runs away if you beg, same analogy)

A lot of these seem superficial but you get my point. As long as you can exchange value with anyone, friendship can/will happen.

These posts are really the core of all relationships. Maybe not always as simple as $ and sex, but there is always some sort of mutual benefit. You won't get a hottie for nothing, but the chicks won't get a guys $ for no reason either. It's good to be friends with attractive people, even if you're not into them. They probably have good habits that make them attractive, have attractive friends, and you'll be seen as valuable by others of the opposite sex since you have attractive friends. "Wow, Immuno's got all the babes, he must be a good catch."

One of my friends in school is female, but we both have significant others and we aren't into each other at all. My girlfriend has gotten jealous in the past "come on, you've gotta think she's hot, look at her" but I honestly do not think of her that way. We're just students with similar philosophies and attitudes, and do a good job on group projects. Is there some exchange, or do we want things from each other? Yep, we help each other out on homework and projects all the time, and we give each other somebody to shoot the chit with between classes.

Oh, and SHC, you can have #4 anytime you like :cool:

:smuggrin:

PMed! :)
huh...? :eek: Somehow I missed this but I swear you are the only mean ass who gets away with posting these kinda things in a place you know is crawling with Asian boys...yet they STILL fight over you..:laugh: its funny

Whew, you are one tough cookie...everytime I come across one of your gutsy comments that is guaranteed to offend at least one person, My Chick Bad by Ludacris starts playing in my head...I wonder when youre sitting in front of your computer or phone getting ready to post something outrageous, if you look as deranged as Nicki M does in the video...haha

Tons of Asian guys like me. I just don't usually find them attractive. How is that mean? So in order for me to be NICE I have to find EVERY SINGLE MEN attractive? So you find every single men attractive? If you don't then you must be mean? I don't get the logical of it. If I don't find someone attractive, I don't find them attractive.....how is that mean?

Oh, and SHC, you can have #4 anytime you like :cool:

:smuggrin:

Thanks! ;)

Life isn't as superficial as you view it through your tainted shades. Friendship and relationships aren't all built on motives as you speak of. Yes there are diggers in life who only try to benefit through others.

But until you learn to realize the importance shared values in life with people closest to you, you will lead a shallow existence always searching to fill the bottomless void that will never get filled.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I must also not be female since I have several close male friends (not just acquaintances) of varying attractiveness and neither of us want favors, money, sex, etc. from each other. Some people don't want friendships with people of the other sex or think those relationships are founded off of less-than-honorable motives -- and that's fine, because if that's what you think that's what you'll get -- but IMO it's immature and ignorant to claim that everyone functions that way.

Page 4 of a pretty stupid thread