Dating in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 29 year old unicorn and I've got a million dollar contract in Alaska when I graduate. They are paying for my relocation too. Complete with eskimo harem and all the sea lions I can skin. Oh...and I get a weekly delivery of animal fries dropped off by helicopter right in front of my igloo. I have a personal Scandinavian servant girl to take care of my igloo as well. :smuggrin:

Are you serious or is this a joke? Is this for a retail position? I thought you only do hospital?

With this current saturation I didn't think any company would need to do any contracts anymore.

Are you serious or is this a joke? Is this for a retail position? I thought you only do hospital?

With this current saturation I didn't think any company would need to do any contracts anymore.

They pay 1.5X in retail there, $1.5M... he hates retail thus he works as hospital pharmacist. If I were you, I'd definitely do retail in Alaska for extra 500k! :(

They pay 1.5X in retail there, $1.5M... he hates retail thus he works as hospital pharmacist. If I were you, I'd definitely do retail in Alaska for extra 500k! :(

This has to be a joke right? I think at most I heard from Alaska was like 200K a year and that was years ago when there was a shortage...now I don't think they do contracts anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there are any shortages anymore. I haven't heard of any sign on bonuses anywhere since 2008.

This has to be a joke right? I think at most I heard from Alaska was like 200K a year and that was years ago when there was a shortage...now I don't think they do contracts anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there are any shortages anymore. I haven't heard of any sign on bonuses anywhere since 2008.

Yep. I'm doing one of my rotations at a pain center in anchorage. Google it. Part of the rural health program I'm doing. They pay us a stipend just for the program. I won't have to pay for housing at the rotation, either. :D

Can't wait til I graduate!

Wanna marry me SHC? I like Prada too.

Last edited:
Wanna marry me SHC? I like Prada too.

Louis Vuitton is my favorite but Prada is number 2! ;) You find me attractive enough to marry??? OMG I am so flattered! :love:

My girlfriend has been complaining that I have been so unromantic recently so today I went out and bought 1,000 rose petals and spread them all over her ironing board and kitchen sink.

Last edited:
My girlfriend has been complaining that I so unromantic nowadays so today I went out and bought 1,000 rose petals and spread them all over her ironing board and kitchen sink.

Wow. I'd make you do your own laundry and cook for yourself. That wasn't even a funny joke. Can't you come up with something more clever?

Wow. I'd make you do your own laundry and cook for yourself. That wasn't even a funny joke. Can't you come up with something more clever?

Agreed. 2 dozen roses (12 red and 12 white) + a Louis Vuitton bag would have been a MUCH better choice.

Prada would have been fine too of course! ;)

Agreed. 2 dozen roses (12 red and 12 white) + a Louis Vuitton bag would have been a MUCH better choice.

Prada would have been fine too of course! ;)

Ok, ok, yes I could have done better. Two dozen roses it is. The red ones in the sink and the white ones on the ironing board. :laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
FW90_330x370.jpg
PLUS
Louis-Vuitton-Bags-Affordable-and-Very-Stylish.jpg
EQUALS you can sleep on the bed now! ;)

Oh...I see now. He is trying to say he wants his girlfriend to wash dishes and iron for him more? Is that the joke? LOL...

Yeah I didn't get it at first...I thought he was serious about the rose petals. :oops:

Oh...I see now. He is trying to say he wants his girlfriend to wash dishes and iron for him more? Is that the joke? LOL...

Yeah I didn't get it at first...I thought he was serious about the rose petals. :oops:

I can buy you as many rose petals as you want with my one million from alaska.

My girlfriend has been complaining that I have been so unromantic recently so today I went out and bought 1,000 rose petals and spread them all over her ironing board and kitchen sink.

It'd be a better joke if you had just said that following her comments you backhanded her across the kitchen which caused her to land on her ironing board... at which point you verbally berated and humiliated her in the most chauvinistic fashion possible... because you feel she deserved it. Make it like a country song man.

If you had just said that instead, everyone on the board would have gotten the message that you were clearly joking and not interested in making a romantic gesture with roses. Can't always beat around the bush on here...

I can buy you as many rose petals as you want with my one million from alaska.

aww...Lea....I prefer 1 million roses instead! ;)

@RxLea, I am based in UK but have FPGEC, is Alaska still a backwater for pharmacists? Not trying to jump on your toes but the climate and scenery is similar to what we have in Glasgow, Scotland and I wouldn't mind giviving it a go.

Me too! Well... not exactly, my servant girl is only 1/2 Scandinavian (...they lied to me!). As disappointing as that is, I just cope with the piles of money and the guns and the hookers and the Iditarod and the bubble-baths full of Cristal and the Ice Road Truck sittin' outside the 'Gloo on dubs, nothin less than 40" (...that's right I said 40's).

Your hookers aren't scandinavian?

Fine. A million roses. Can you cook? :smuggrin:

I know how to put rice and water in a rice pot to make rice...then I know how to buy fish and put it on a pan with oil....and pour soysauce on it....sometimes its too salty but sometimes it doesn't taste too bad! :D Does that count?

Oh and the same with vegetables...I know how to put vegs in a pan with soysauce too. :)

That's what I did all thru college when I notice myself getting fat from eating out everyday! LOL....

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxlea
Fine. A million roses. Can you cook?
That is just sexist.

Oh come on, my comment was tongue in cheek after my previous "joke". Any way I should have said "girl on girl" sexist as I can detect a little thang going on between lea and SHC with the promise of a million rose. :-D

26 y/o P1 and you think you got it all? I would say a false sense of self confidence is more like it.:smuggrin:

You clearly missed the point. Unless you're the local troll and this was a joke?

I'm telling the guy that it's absolutely possible to get whatever you want in this world. "The man that says he can, and the man that says he can't, are both usually right."

You clearly missed the point. Unless you're the local troll and this was a joke?

I'm telling the guy that it's absolutely possible to get whatever you want in this world. "The man that says he can, and the man that says he can't, are both usually right."

If your goal is just to get laid then who cares if you have false confidence? Give these chicks what they want, get some if you know what I mean, and by the time she finds out you're an empty suit you've already moved on.

I think he's probably looking for a bit more than that, either way, there's methods of getting what you want. It's all about how bad you want it.

Your hookers aren't scandinavian?

Apparently they were too expensive to import to Alaska. They try to cut corners passing off illegitimate Palin offpsring as the real deal Scandinavian servant-hookers. You can tell they are knockoffs though because they have no grasp of the English language compared to the Scandinavians.

Apparently they were too expensive to import to Alaska. They try to cut corners passing off illegitimate Palin offpsring as the real deal Scandinavian servant-hookers. You can tell they are knockoffs though because they have no grasp of the English language compared to the Scandinavians.

That's a real shame. :smuggrin:

This is an obvious sign of the market saturation in pharmacy. Don't make Alaskan pharmacy contracts like the used to ;)