Dating post graduation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmstud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys find it easy to date post pharmacy school graduation? Or meet new pharmacists? I graduated about 2 years ago, and work retail, and don't meet a lot of new pharmacists anymore.(yeah I want to date a pharmacist!) I wanna hear your stories :)

Members don't see this ad.

But you are a "stud"

Reactions: 2 users
Meeting other pharmacists? I dunno about that, I don't go to many pharmacy networking dinners.

Easier to date? Yeah, but you have to keep your gold digger radar on at all times.

I'm from a ethnicity that still believes in arranged marriages. When I was in Rx school, only like 2-3 families inquired about me for their daughters. In the last 2 years since I graduated, that number is already over 30. I'm just rejecting all these inquiries because it means everything pre-marriage would be supervised dating and absolutely no sleeping together.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is it that you are so hell-bent on dating within your profession? I avoid healthcare types myself, I just don't get the allure of it. Just curious at the reasoning, especially narrowing it down to dating another pharmacist.

Why is it that you are so hell-bent on dating within your profession? I avoid healthcare types myself, I just don't get the allure of it. Just curious at the reasoning, especially narrowing it down to dating another pharmacist.

$$$

Reactions: 1 users
This is what I figure the real reason is for a lot of people, but they just like to pretend it's for reasons of "common interest" or whatever. Rarely have I had someone actually own up to it though.
Not necessarily! Dating someone for the pure reason of "money" is just not right!

I mean, it's not that weird. A child with two high earning parents probably would have a better childhood than a child with one high earner. Assuming though that the high earning parents don't have crippling student loan debt.

*****.... More Material things <> better childhood.

I married my classmate. There is definitely common interest at play, spending every waking and sleeping moment together for 4 yrs will do that to ya.

Of course the money after we graduated is a big bonus as well (and we both know it), but when we first met, we both interned for <$15/hr. That's how you weed out the gold diggers.

Reactions: 1 user
My husband is an attending physician who I met at work. I like being married to someone in healthcare. Not only do we have similar interests, but we are able to geek out over stuff at work and know what the other is talking about.

Members don't see this ad :)
I married my classmate. There is definitely common interest at play, spending every waking and sleeping moment together for 4 yrs will do that to ya.

Of course the money after we graduated is a big bonus as well (and we both know it), but when we first met, we both interned for <$15/hr. That's how you weed out the gold diggers.
how sweet!

My husband is an attending physician who I met at work. I like being married to someone in healthcare. Not only do we have similar interests, but we are able to geek out over stuff at work and know what the other is talking about.
Exactly!!

Isn't that what Tinder is for?

I bet each party knows what the other will be making as they are in pharmacy school. This is a no brainer. It's like marrying a plastic surgery or ortho resident. Ain't no shame on looking for someone with same or greater income partner. I am looking for the same chit because the last thing I want to be is a sugar daddy marrying someone with only high school education.

Tinder is for potential fast hook up. Hard to sort through the garbage. If you are a decent looking guy, almost 100% you will get laid with Tinder with just a couple dates. Your match # is solely based on how good looking you are. Make sure you don't have crappy pics with bad lighting in there. Give an illusion you have an interesting life with pics, tell your character/stories through pics, suit and tie, chicks dig that. For example: going to the beach with a ripped body (if you are fat, do NOT reveal), playing outside with your dog, party with a group of friends, 1 suit and tie pic, no child/other opposite gender in your pic, and absolutely NO 5 selfies = what... you have no friend, bro?, or a picture of you flexing in front of bathroom mirror. If you do this, you will do well in Tinder and get some.

If you want a solid relationship, use match/eharmony, or free dating sites POF, and OKcupid, filter your match by income/degree of your dates so you don't become the next sugar daddy/momma.

Not only dating, but socializing I find it more difficult. Mainly because you have to do a lot of adult stuff you know :) I found it easier to socialize as student than post graduate. But also a lot of people I know are getting married and having kids and my circle is getting smaller and smaller :-( Nobody wants to hang out anymore.

Last edited:
Was about to say, there's an app for that. Tinder, Grindr, whatever floats your boat. Then again that's not really "dating" per se.

Why date another pharmacist? I tried that once, was kind of boring actually. Plus you may know way too many of the same people and it can be messy. Might as well open yourself up to other similarly paid professions (as long as the other person isn't a gold digger, of course).

*****.... More Material things <> better childhood.

Not necessarily more material things.

Sending kids to private school vs local public school
Paying for kids college tuition vs forcing them to take out student loans
Enrollment in more sports leagues, karate classes, swimming, music lessons, etc

I mean, it's only natural to want your kids to have an easier childhood than the one you had. I was taking public transportation from 3rd grade-12th grade. I'd rather my kids be getting a ride to and from school from mom or me. My parents couldn't afford to enroll me music lessons, little league, football, etc since it was all expensive. I'd like my kids to be able to have that. I didn't have a car until I could pay for it myself when I started working part-time in college. I'd rather be able to buy my kids a car so they could drive to school, etc. (Last one is material, but w/e.)

I never told girls what I do. Easy way to filter out the gold diggers. I just say I'm a student. When I'm a resident I'll just say, "oh I do some things at a hospital- I really don't like to talk about work."

My parents paid for every sport I wanted to pay and everything I needed on an income of 50k a year. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to swing it as a physician making 200k no matter what my wife earns. I bought my own first car- a $600 1957 flatbed Ford. I paid (and am paying) for my own college education, and I feel that being forced to support myself made me tougher, more resourceful, and forced me to try harder than I would have been otherwise. Basically, I'm a bad ass because I had to do everything myself, and my kids'll have it the same way if I ever have any. I'm going to live solidly middle class, and I'm not going to bother talking about what I do at work or how much I make with them. Earning your own way is a priceless thing in this world, that teaches you valuable lessons that you'd otherwise never learn.

Just my personal philosophy I guess. I think that knowing what it is to struggle is a very central part of understanding the human experience, and that living without want takes you away from many of the very things that drive most people to become who and what they are. Basically, by being a hopelessly spoiled person, you've been cheated out of a key part of what it mean to be human.

Reactions: 5 users
Some plumbers make $90/hr. Would you marry a plumber just for that? Oh, you have pipes in common. ;) Just saying.

Not only dating, but socializing I find it more difficult. Mainly because you have to do a lot of adult stuff you know :) I found it easier to socialize as student than post graduate. But also a lot of people I know are getting married and having kids and my circle is getting smaller and smaller :-( Nobody wants to hang out anymore.

Almost everyone in my class is getting married too! The circle is gettin
Some plumbers make $90/hr. Would you marry a plumber just for that? Oh, you have pipes in common. ;) Just saying.

Again, it is not about income! Last time I met a guy trying to explain to him what happened to my day in the pharmacy, he gave me a deer in the headlight look. Im sure there are other things to talk about, but I like being a geek every now and then

I never told girls what I do. Easy way to filter out the gold diggers. I just say I'm a student. When I'm a resident I'll just say, "oh I do some things at a hospital- I really don't like to talk about work."

My parents paid for every sport I wanted to pay and everything I needed on an income of 50k a year. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to swing it as a physician making 200k no matter what my wife earns. I bought my own first car- a $600 1957 flatbed Ford. I paid (and am paying) for my own college education, and I feel that being forced to support myself made me tougher, more resourceful, and forced me to try harder than I would have been otherwise. Basically, I'm a bad ass because I had to do everything myself, and my kids'll have it the same way if I ever have any. I'm going to live solidly middle class, and I'm not going to bother talking about what I do at work or how much I make with them. Earning your own way is a priceless thing in this world, that teaches you valuable lessons that you'd otherwise never learn.

Just my personal philosophy I guess. I think that knowing what it is to struggle is a very central part of understanding the human experience, and that living without want takes you away from many of the very things that drive most people to become who and what they are. Basically, by being a hopelessly spoiled person, you've been cheated out of a key part of what it mean to be human.

So when you tell girls you do not want to talk about what you do, they are just ok with it? If I was dating someone, I would like to know what they do, how their day went at work ...

So when you tell girls you do not want to talk about what you do, they are just ok with it? If I was dating someone, I would like to know what they do, how their day went at work ...
You would be surprised how long you can get away with not talking about work. Most people use it as a small talk filler. If you've got more important things to talk about it never comes up.

I don't mind talking about finance and career. This way it gives me a chance to ask them some tough finance and career questions as well. Girls like successful guys. Guys like attractive girls. There's nothing wrong with that. I dont want them to like me soley because of my finance but I am OK with it as long as there are other reasons as well like my good looks LOL

And why does marriage have to be the goal for every relationship? If it is just casual dating, does that matter that much that she likes you because you are successful and make good money?

I don't mind talking about finance and career. This way it gives me a chance to ask them some tough finance and career questions as well. Girls like successful guys. Guys like attractive girls. There's nothing wrong with that. I dont want them to like me soley because of my finance but I am OK with it as long as there are other reasons as well like my good looks LOL

And why does marriage have to be the goal for every relationship? If it is just casual dating, does that matter that much that she likes you because you are successful and make good money?
If she's only into you because you are successful and make good money, once you're a couple babies invested into things she can cut and run and take the child support and alimony and find a guy she's actually attracted to enough to want to bang. You can be on the hook for that for life, so choose wisely and avoid gold diggers like the plague.

If she's only into you because you are successful and make good money, once you're a couple babies invested into things she can cut and run and take the child support and alimony and find a guy she's actually attracted to enough to want to bang. You can be on the hook for that for life, so choose wisely and avoid gold diggers like the plague.

You have a point if you guys are going to get marry. I am talking about casual dating. Don't take it seriously. Get a prenup if you are worried she's going to take you for a ride. Besides, it is not difficult to find out what someone does for a living nowadays. Just befriend them on FB.

That's the thing I don't exactly get about some successful guys. We are "smart" right? Time is on our side while their looks will eventually fade. Keep on dating until you find someone special. Most likely, she is also doing the same thing.

That's the thing I don't exactly get about some successful guys. We are "smart" right? Time is on our side while their looks will eventually fade. Keep on dating until you find someone special. Most likely, she is also doing the same thing.

Again, survival value (men) vs. reproduction value (women). Men get better with age (more survival skills: more money, more skills, more experience to raise better offsprings), women get worse with age (less fertile, less attractive). Women tend to like older men because older men tend to have more survival value than younger men. Men of all ages like women in mid 20s because that's when the peak of fertility of women is. When you see a single woman past 30, they want to get married so fast like they have an expiration date, they know this subconsciously.

Maybe if more women ate healthy and went to the gym and did a REAL workout instead of taking selfies in the mirror, they would age just fine.
images

Maybe if more women ate healthy and went to the gym and did a REAL workout instead of taking selfies in the mirror, they would age just fine.

I think biologically, women tend to age faster. Not everyone is created equal of course. Look at Harison Ford, Johnny Depp.

Why talk about marriage? Men don't benefit from it anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Janitors in New York earn up to six figures.

Marriage offers stability. Dont think just because you are a guy, you would be better off. Ever heard of the "man recession"?

Last edited:
Marriage offers stability. Dont think just because you are a guy, you would be better off. Ever heard of the "man reccession"?

mj-laughing1.gif

Next you'll tell me "marriage offers a high-powered sex life".

^^ let me take a guess...you have not gone on a date for a while.

^^ let me take a guess...you have not gone on a date for a while.

I currently have a girlfriend but what does that have to do with anything? The crude marriage to divorce rate in my state is 7 to 3. Marriage is not a guarantee of anything. To deny that is to deny reality.

Don't compare us to the general population.

Check out the divorce rate among college graduates who married when they are > 25 year old.

Some of you people are crazy, I feel like I have next to nothing in common with anyone in pharmacy school. Can't imagine dating or marrying a girl who is a pharmacist or a pharmacy student.

It can if it is the right women.

look at a relationship as a buisness transaction. If one party brings more to the table look wise but not finacially, that is probably a bad investment as looks will probably fade with time (though I do prefer older women more grounded in reality) while post grad or a buisness savvy sensible women will only gain value over time. I would much rather be in a relationship with someone who brings more to the table finacially than look wise, as that gives us as a couple twice as much biying and investing power.

See women are smart, they know about this exchange and return on investment in the long run, which is why they end up taking half of everything the didn't earn when the divorce rolls around.

Investing in the right thing or person can pay off tremendously in the long run. In our culture, we as men favor stocks instead of mutual funds as far as dating is concerned, only looking for attractive and superficial qualities in a women rather than the whole package deal. No person is perfect, but there are defiantly better investments out there.

The only problem with this is that the women who are better investments tend to be older and are either in business/entruepunural endeavors or in a medical school of some kind. This women also tend to be married, and the ones that are not married, there is a reason for that. My ex was in medical school and all of her female classes mates were either married or completely stuck up

Last edited:
See women are smart, they know about this exchange and return on investment in the long run, which is why they end up taking half of everything the didn't earn when the divorce rolls around.

A lot of females taking 1/2 during divorce when they don't even earn it. Raising babies definitely entitled them to a couple hundred million-billion dollars settlement. Trust me, without the help of the wives, these successful men will still be successful. And the wives are probably just become a regular person, or worse stay in bed mom.

That's why a pre-nup exists.

It's hard for a male to find a woman who is not in it for personal gain when they know that your career commands high income.

Last edited:
A lot of females taking 1/2 during divorce when they don't even earn it. Raising babies definitely entitled them to a couple hundred million-billion dollars settlement. Trust me, without the help of the wives, these successful men will still be successful. And the wives are probably just become a regular person, or worse stay in bed mom.

That's why a pre-nup exists.

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?

images

I've never eaten healthy. Where do you buy that? How much is it? Does a healthy taste good?

Again, survival value (men) vs. reproduction value (women). Men get better with age (more survival skills: more money, more skills, more experience to raise better offsprings), women get worse with age (less fertile, less attractive). Women tend to like older men because older men tend to have more survival value than younger men. Men of all ages like women in mid 20s because that's when the peak of fertility of women is. When you see a single woman past 30, they want to get married so fast like they have an expiration date, they know this subconsciously.

Mostly sad but true, but I would disagree about mid-20s chicks. Man, they are mostly annoying.

I actually prefer older women.
They aren't so....annoying.

Last edited:
There is no doubt I am going to have a pre-nup when it's time for me to get married. There are way too many gold diggers out there.