dave goldberg - circumstances of death

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scienceguy19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the nytimes below... they said he fell off the treadmill and cracked his head open. He died of head trauma in the gym? and blood loss from hitting your head? sounds like a fishy explanation... maybe he needs an autopsy =p

SAN FRANCISCO — Dave Goldberg, the chief executive of SurveyMonkey and husband of Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook, died of head trauma Friday night after he collapsed at the gym at a private resort in Mexico, according to a Mexican government official.

Mr. Goldberg, 47, was on vacation with family and friends at the Four Seasons Resort near Punta Mita, a large development with two hotels and numerous private villas close to Puerto Vallarta in southwest Mexico, according to a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office in Nayarit State.

Mr. Goldberg left his room around 4 p.m. on Friday, collapsed while exercising and died of head trauma and blood loss, said the spokesman. His brother, Robert Goldberg, found him on the floor of the gym at the resort at around 7 p.m., with blood around him. The spokesman said it appeared “he fell off the treadmill and cracked his head open.”

Members don't see this ad.

Based upon the few details that I have read in the press, I suspect that he suffered an MI whilst on the treadmill and secondarily incurred a scalp laceration as a result of a terminal fall.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Either scenario is possible - natural event whilst on treadmill, or fall and lethal head trauma. It would not be difficult to distinguish the two with an autopsy. It doesn't sound fishy at all to me.

Reactions: 1 user
From the nytimes below... they said he fell off the treadmill and cracked his head open. He died of head trauma in the gym? and blood loss from hitting your head? sounds like a fishy explanation... maybe he needs an autopsy =p

SAN FRANCISCO — Dave Goldberg, the chief executive of SurveyMonkey and husband of Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook, died of head trauma Friday night after he collapsed at the gym at a private resort in Mexico, according to a Mexican government official.

Mr. Goldberg, 47, was on vacation with family and friends at the Four Seasons Resort near Punta Mita, a large development with two hotels and numerous private villas close to Puerto Vallarta in southwest Mexico, according to a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office in Nayarit State.

Mr. Goldberg left his room around 4 p.m. on Friday, collapsed while exercising and died of head trauma and blood loss, said the spokesman. His brother, Robert Goldberg, found him on the floor of the gym at the resort at around 7 p.m., with blood around him. The spokesman said it appeared “he fell off the treadmill and cracked his head open.”

I said the same thing. They made it sound like he was Humpty Dumpty. Didn't sound like the person went to med school, or there was something lost in translation...