DDS Applicants now live

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. But, when I go to the edit applications section, expand a school, make a change, and click Save, it throws an error that says "You must select a School."

I'll check this out and see if I can reproduce the error. Thank you for reporting it.

Members don't see this ad.

I will check with the developers, but I think this is a result of the fact that there is not a lot of data in the system yet, and most of the data was entered by the development team, which may have all used the same birthdate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess if we're on the topic of nit-picky items and you are indeed fixing them, the University at Buffalo School of Dentistry should be University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. There's been a few of these noticed, I wonder if there's some others out there that are School of Dental Medicine, and not School of Dentistry.

Also, if you enter a wrong date on app submission, the error message says...

"You may not enter an AMCAS submission date that is in the future."

It should say AADSAS, not AMCAS.

These have been submitted to the development team for repair.

These have been submitted to the development team for repair.

Thanks. I found one more.

I know you said you were working on AA and TS scores. Depending on how you implement the AA and TS scores, this might be fixed at that time. However, right now the AA is being calculated on the fly. It's being calculated wrong. It looks like it's averaging all 6 scores, when in reality the AA omits the PAT score.

Incorrect AA Calculation --- (Bio + GC + OC + RC + QR + PAT) / 6 (round to nearest whole)
Correct AA Calculation --- (Bio + GC + OC + RC + QR) / 5 (round to nearest whole)

Thanks. I found one more.

I know you said you were working on AA and TS scores. Depending on how you implement the AA and TS scores, this might be fixed at that time. However, right now the AA is being calculated on the fly. It's being calculated wrong. It looks like it's averaging all 6 scores, when in reality the AA omits the PAT score.

Incorrect AA Calculation --- (Bio + GC + OC + RC + QR + PAT) / 6 (round to nearest whole)
Correct AA Calculation --- (Bio + GC + OC + RC + QR) / 5 (round to nearest whole)

I've submitted this for repair. Thanks again for all your help!

The AA calculation is also using decimals as of now rather than whole numbers, so the scores are still slightly incorrect.

FYI.

Total science scores are all displaying as 1. Total science can't be calculated by the software. It should be entered by the user. The total science is a separate score determined by the ADA.

Also, buffalo's name reads "University at Buffalo School of Dental". It should say "University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine".

It's the "University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine" and NOT University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry (which is what's listed) :rolleyes:

FYI.

Total science scores are all displaying as 1. Total science can't be calculated by the software. It should be entered by the user. The total science is a separate score determined by the ADA.

Also, buffalo's name reads "University at Buffalo School of Dental". It should say "University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine".

You can add it under the "Update Applications" area, but it's kinda goofy where it was placed - in the DAT score. The search function isn't implemented logically either. I will have them make it more clear.

The truncation issue is already logged and being researched.

For TS score, I will recommend the following changes:

1) In the "Update Applications" section, pull out of the DAT section score row and put it below, above the GPAs

2) In the "Search Profiles" function, change so you can enter a greater than and less than value, like you can for AA.

Please let me know if you think that these suggestions make sense.

The TS score has defaulted to 1, so you will need to update that in your applications in order for it to display properly. However, you might as well wait until the above changes are implemented.

Best,
Laura

Members don't see this ad :)
For TS score, I will recommend the following changes:

1) In the "Update Applications" section, pull out of the DAT section score row and put it below, above the GPAs

2) In the "Search Profiles" function, change so you can enter a greater than and less than value, like you can for AA.

Please let me know if you think that these suggestions make sense.

The TS score has defaulted to 1, so you will need to update that in your applications in order for it to display properly. However, you might as well wait until the above changes are implemented.

Best,
Laura

These changes have been implemented. Please let me know if you run into any other issues.

Two things I noticed -
1. UNE College of Dental Medicine is missing
2. Users' age seems to reset to 43 (born in 1970) - I've tried changing mine a few times, but it always defaults back to 1970.

I feel like this resource should be used more.

It would be nice to have a column for date application submitted, date of interview, date of acceptance.

DDSApplicsnts login is working now. Please let me know if you encounter any errors.

Just a few things I noticed recently -

1. when you view the list of schools, the average accepted DAT is showing some sort of cumulative score, rather than the average of the Academic Average (AA).

2. When you view your trackboard, you have to reset your settings every time to get the data to show up. If I log out and log back in, the trackboard is blank.

3. When you view a school-specific page, the "Accepted" tab is only showing profiles from last year, and doesn't include the stats of students who were accepted this year.

Thanks!

I remember looking at each schools stats and interview questions and such. How do I access that page? I can't find it for the life of me

So I just graduated from undergrad this past May and am now planning on taking classes as a post bachelor student. But this is going to be informal not through a program. I graduated with a 3.11 cGPA and even with taking 19 credits of upper level bio classes over the next year my GPA will only raise up to a 3.22 but I will have A's in 5 upper level bio classes(19 credits- 8 this fall, 11 in the winter). My DAT score is a 22 so do you think taking this route is a good idea? I spoke the admissions office at umich dental school today and their representative told me that this isn't a bad option but I wanted to get a second opinion.

Lets get this thing going again!!! The more data the better!

Also DAT scores are still messed up for accepted refer to NDPitch post

Yesterday I tried to log onto DDS applicants while signed in under SDN but every time I would hit login on DDS applicants it would bring me to SDN. Then I go back to DDS applicants but it will not allow me to edit and thinks I'm logged out. So I hit login again and it still doesn't work! Bummer wanna update my applications!

Yesterday I tried to log onto DDS applicants while signed in under SDN but every time I would hit login on DDS applicants it would bring me to SDN. Then I go back to DDS applicants but it will not allow me to edit and thinks I'm logged out. So I hit login again and it still doesn't work! Bummer wanna update my applications!

Try clearing your cookies on your computer.

Still didn't work and I tried two browsers (Chrome and Firefox)

Try it now, send me a PM if it's still not working.

Reactions: 1 user
Also DAT scores are still messed up for accepted refer to NDPitch post
I'm trying to figure out which NDPitch post you are referring to - is it this one?