DDW abstract submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnsmith130077

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please let me know what is the standard of DDW abstract acceptance? How does the process work- you just submit the abstract online via the online submission system then you make the wall poster after it is accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, u just submit..then poster when accepted. But can't hurt to work on poster earlier so your not scrambling to get it done.

Yea, u just submit..then poster when accepted. But can't hurt to work on poster earlier so your not scrambling to get it done.

Thank you for the reply. Can you please also shed some light on the standard of acceptance of DDW?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you submit an abstract written in more or less complete sentences, mostly in English?

Accepted.

gutonc- is it really that easy or you being sarcastic? i thought you are a hem-onc attending? Is the abstract standard at DDW that low?

gutonc- is it really that easy or you being sarcastic? i thought you are a hem-onc attending? Is the abstract standard at DDW that low?

Abstracts at all the huge national meetings get accepted. Obviously not all of them, but the bar is low in general. I've submitted abstracts for work I haven't even done yet and had them accepted. Including DDW, AACR, ASCO.

The goal isn't getting the abstract accepted - the goal is producing quality research that is likely to be an oral or podium presentation. Those are the things that really impact your application. So find a good project and devote yourself to it. A lot of times people spread themselves too thin and submit 4 abstracts of low quality which just makes you look unfocused. Your abstract to manuscript ratio is important - bad abstracts don't turn into full manuscripts usually or at least not in good journals.

Also, DDW > ACG in terms of impact.