deadline for the Certiphi background check ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been getting emails from Certiphi about the background check; they sent me one initially and then I got a reminder. Do I have to fill this out right away or can I wait ? What is the deadline for completion? I heard there was a $100 or $150 fee associated with it so I want to delay as long as possible. Maybe I'll do it in the last minute like in July if I can get away with it.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I've been getting emails from Certiphi about the background check; they sent me one initially and then I got a reminder. Do I have to fill this out right away or can I wait ? What is the deadline for completion? I heard there was a $100 or $150 fee associated with it so I want to delay as long as possible. Maybe I'll do it in the last minute like in July if I can get away with it.

Thanks.

I don't know when the deadline is but the cost will vary. I was charged $36.00 and I live in NJ. It took literally one day to complete it.

I don't know when the deadline is but the cost will vary. I was charged $36.00 and I live in NJ. It took literally one day to complete it.
I can only surmise...but I would figure your dental school wants to know soon whether or not you have a criminal background immediately, because if you did they will be looking to fill your spot. I don't think it's something they really want to wait around on to find out.

I think it's 2 weeks from the time they send you the email. I could be wrong though. I remember reading that on my Tufts acceptance email.