dealing with anxiety/stress?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cupcakesandcadavers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are your best ways with dealing with anxiety/stress throughout this process? looking for new things to cope with how this process makes me feel :/
share it here!

Members don't see this ad.

go hang out with friends and play some sports stuff, or watch movies read books

Run, run, run, run, run from my problemmmssss~~~ <3

(literally distance running)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what are your best ways with dealing with anxiety/stress throughout this process? looking for new things to cope with how this process makes me feel :/
share it here!

See a counselor. The biggest mistake I made as a pre-med was not seeking help when I needed it. Your school probably offers counseling services for free to students. Seek out help.

My non-professional opinion is to exercise a lot, but even this is no substitute for professional help.

I was fortunate enough to be working full time, but I think that keeping yourself busy is the best thing. I would keep up your hobbies, hang out with friends, and stay away from the internet lol. I am a person that also finds some comfort in making lists, charts, diagrams about things I'm doing, so I took time to make an excel spreadsheet about what loans and expenses would be like for each school, where I would stay if I got an interview, likelihood of an interview at all, and I enjoyed that without getting stressed. It's all about channeling your energy elsewhere if you can't get rid of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Try to write a gratitude list. Sounds cheesy but when I put my life in perspective I realize how lucky I am to even have the chance to apply.

Also I just started meditating (I read Dan Harris book called 10 percent happier and he convinced me). Only been a week so nothing noticeable yet

Sexy video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy rowing crew. It helps, keeps my activity up, and all around is just a nice experience. I highly recommend rowing in general. Sports and physical activity overall are quite nice ways of dealing with anxiety and stress.

Eat cupcakes for dinner.

Do you have any hobby's? If so, do them. Exercise a lot, play with your pets, hang out with friends. Maybe try picking up new hobbies. If religion is your thing, look into that. I always found having a back up plan is a great stress reliever. Knowing what you will do if something doesn't work out is better than waiting for bad news and trying to figure out your life during an anxiety attack.

Bike ride and rock climbing. It helps because it pulls in your concentration towards the present moment.

Other than the obvious (hobbies, friends, etc), I legitimately remind myself to care a little less every day. I tend to perform better then anyway.

Running.

That being said, I agree with Ace - no shame in getting help if you need it. It's best to learn coping skills now than later.

I'm a huge fan of exercise.

On the other hand, I am buried in apps, and WE HAVE ALL BEEN WORKING SO HARD. My friend baked me a cake, and my roommate is currently out of town. I normally eat super healthy, but just this once, I'm enjoying the cake...and not sharing it with anyone else, and honestly, it's helping make this process manageable. Treat yourself just this once.

Spending time with friends and Netflix
Having fun/ talking to non-premeds helps me de-stress and remember that there's a whole world out there that isn't focused on apps.
And Netflix is just a wonderful black hole.

LOVE NETFLIX!!!

...watching it right now...
Spending time with friends and Netflix
Having fun/ talking to non-premeds helps me de-stress and remember that there's a whole world out there that isn't focused on apps.
And Netflix is just a wonderful black hole.