Dec 3rd cannot come soon enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wo5678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished my interviews. I am not sure if I am going to get anymore pre-dec interviews...so the only thing to do is wait to open my inbox/mailbox Dec 3rd. All this waiting is getting me a bit restless. Like the title of this post said, dec 3rd cannot come soon enough.

Am I the only one going insane? Anyone else feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say I am going insane. I am anxious and excited to know where I'll be the next four years. It is a good feeling compared to waiting to hear back about any possible interview invitations. I feel bad for those who are still waiting and hoping for at least one interview.

Dec. 3rd will be an interesting day....I am surely looking forward to it though.

Relax. Matters are out of your hands. Meditate with me. Say ommmmmmmmmmm

meditating.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still hoping I can get pre-dec interview... Check my inbox every 10 mins...

I wouldn't say I am going insane. I am anxious and excited to know where I'll be the next four years. It is a good feeling compared to waiting to hear back about any possible interview invitations. I feel bad for those who are still waiting and hoping for at least one interview.

Dec. 3rd will be an interesting day....I am surely looking forward to it though.

yes, I will be interesting. I can't wait.

Officially done with interviews. It's a weird feeling. Just need to speed up time to Dec. 3rd!!!

do you think 11/14 interviews will still be considered for Dec. 3rd?

I hope so! I think most schools' committees meet often enough to decide that before December. I remember UMDNJ said they meet 15 minutes after the interview day is over and decide then.

I just downloaded a widget to countdown to Dec. 3rd. lol Can't wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
I envy you :p Still have not heard back from a SINGLE school :/

I know how you feel dentalkid434, I keep checking my email and the forums religiously. I'm so jealous of everyone who has heard back lol. this waiting game is brutal

8 interviews done... one post-december interview left....

46 days left until I can cancel that interview haha (hopefully....)

WAHHHH! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Wow, didn't think anyone else was counting down so early haha. Good luck everyone! Those of you who don't have any interviews yet, hang in there. Your turn will come soon! :)

Okayy! Thanks :)

I told people not to talk to me on Dec. 1st. since it's the big day. Haha. I guess I should warn people it's Dec 3rd now.

Good luck everyone <3

ULouisville indicated during interviews they will be contacting Nov 30 unless ADA instructs otherwise.

ULouisville indicated during interviews they will be contacting Nov 30 unless ADA instructs otherwise.
I wish all schools will do this. Makes absolutely no sense to wait a whole weekend, and make thousands of stressed out applicants more stressed.

I wish all schools will do this. Makes absolutely no sense to wait a whole weekend, and make thousands of stressed out applicants more stressed.

If you can wait until Dec. 1st you can wait two extra days. Sure we'll all be anxious, but two days isn't that big of a deal.

And right before finals will make it harder, even if the news is good or bad.

And right before finals will make it harder, even if the news is good or bad.

I actually think that will make it better. I will be so stressed/busy it will make the time go faster.

So I finished my interviews. I am not sure if I am going to get anymore pre-dec interviews...so the only thing to do is wait to open my inbox/mailbox Dec 3rd. All this waiting is getting me a bit restless. Like the title of this post said, dec 3rd cannot come soon enough.

Am I the only one going insane? Anyone else feel the same?

where did you get interviews to? I got UNC, ECU, U of L, NSU, and Western university

I have a question about Dec 3rd. For schools that notify by snail mail, do we receive the letter in our mailbox in Dec 3rd, or do they mail out the letter on that day and we get it whenever the post office gets around to delivering it?

Why does Stony Brook's website say December 1st?

Why does Stony Brook's website say December 1st?

The acceptance date usually falls on the 1st of december for every year - it's just different this time. The website must not be updated to reflect this year's change.

I have a question about Dec 3rd. For schools that notify by snail mail, do we receive the letter in our mailbox in Dec 3rd, or do they mail out the letter on that day and we get it whenever the post office gets around to delivering it?

i called NOVA about this matter and the admissions team will mail it out on Nov 30 and applicants should receive it around Dec 3 or 4. However we shall get an email at midnight from NOVA and Dr. Lippmann will personally call people.

Does anyone know about the way we will be notified of an acceptance?? I know that UNLV said that they would send a letter in the mail if we get an acceptance, but does that mean that they will send it on Dec 3rd and then we will get it a few days later? Or does it mean that we will receive the mail on Dec 3rd? Do some schools send acceptances out via email? This part is killing me I wish that they would tell us already if we are in or not!

Does anyone know about the way we will be notified of an acceptance?? I know that UNLV said that they would send a letter in the mail if we get an acceptance, but does that mean that they will send it on Dec 3rd and then we will get it a few days later? Or does it mean that we will receive the mail on Dec 3rd? Do some schools send acceptances out via email? This part is killing me I wish that they would tell us already if we are in or not!

You should call the school and ask.

This waiting part is the worse.

So, UNLV is not doing email or phone call anymore? If I remember correctly, when I interviewed, I was told they were planning to do email... but that interview was a couple months ago :rolleyes:

So, UNLV is not doing email or phone call anymore? If I remember correctly, when I interviewed, I was told they were planning to do email... but that interview was a couple months ago :rolleyes:

I wrote in my UNLV folder that we can call or write on Dec. 3 to find out. Who else is planning on calling that morning? lol

I wrote in my UNLV folder that we can call or write on Dec. 3 to find out. Who else is planning on calling that morning? lol

haha okay, I didn't know that... but count me in! :D I wonder what time we can start calling

Hmmm according to last year's posts, people started calling at 8 am!

more scared about not getting call, and ending up being rejected by snail mail later on, or put on a waiting list that never moves and end up being rejected anyways. :/

so basically.. no response on Dec 3/4 will be either rejection or waiting list?

I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared comes Dec. 3rd.

i called NOVA about this matter and the admissions team will mail it out on Nov 30 and applicants should receive it around Dec 3 or 4. However we shall get an email at midnight from NOVA and Dr. Lippmann will personally call people.

This is awesome! Sure would be nice to wake up to an acceptance!

I got a pretty good "hint" from the admissions com at NOVA... but I feel like everyone who interviewed there did. I can't help but feel really scared/nervous about getting rejected/waitlisted. agh. :(

I got a pretty good "hint" from the admissions com at NOVA... but I feel like everyone who interviewed there did. I can't help but feel really scared/nervous about getting rejected/waitlisted. agh. :(

Same happened to me. I think many of us are in the same boat. :xf: DEC 3rd! 1 week to go!

o man. Dec 3rd come already ! waiting sucks

I am quite the nervous wreck right now with this waiting. I am sure I am not the only one.

I am quite the nervous wreck right now with this waiting. I am sure I am not the only one.
You sound like you could use a drink.

Just had myself a glass of cabernet souvignon. :)