Deciding between: USP(Philly), Rutgers, Rhode Island, or Pittsburgh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revised

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a graduating high school student, which college would you choose between: USP (Philadelphia); Rutgers; Rhode Island; or Pittsburgh and why?

Any info would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

USP -- cooler city, storied school (been around since the 1820's).

2nd choice close behind would be Rutgers.

I was under the impression that Pitt didn't have its 0-6 option anymore. Does it still?

Depends, if you are more partial to the scientific side of pharmacy and want to try your hand at research and whatnot, don't do Pitt. If you don't seem to care about that, and the 0-6 program still exists, go to Pitt.

If you're a Jersey resident, definitely go to Rutgers.

If you're not a Jersey resident...I don't know...probably still go to Rutgers. They have good industry connections and the people accepted there are smarter (USP and Rutgers grads probably get the same caliber of jobs upon graduation). Just seems like a bigger school than USP so it would be better because of that (but I go to USP and it's not bad, and Philly is a pretty cool city). I've never met an actual Rutgers pharmacy student so I don't know how their program is. I didn't really know about Rutgers' program when I applied to schools, and everyone in the pharmacy sector told me to go to USP, so I did.

Since you have these 4 options, I would rule out URI.

I haven't met one person from USP that actually likes the school. Pittsburgh has a nice city with a suburban feel to it.