Decision b/w NY and Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnarwhat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i got accepted at both New York and Temple. New York gave me 3k and Temple gave 5k scholarship. I was hoping someone could give me real break down of both schools. Also, if one school has particular advantage over the other when it comes to residency.

Members don't see this ad.

The podiatrist I shadowed told me Temple is great and to avoid New York because the NY students he has encountered were not up to snuff. He's part of the residency committee at one of the sweetest programs you can find for podiatry so I figure he knows what's up. I was offered A LOT from NY but I had to decline, gotta listen to the doc, y'know? I didn't ask him about every school but he said he sees good students from Temple (he's a Temple grad), DMU and Scholl. After I saw Temple, I didn't want to go there. It's up to you, it will work if you work it. Good luck!
And to clarify, I'm not here to compare schools; I'm only passing on what I was told.
Oh and since I'm class of 2016, someone else should chime in but I put a whole lotta thought into which school I wanted to attend

If you have any questions about NYCPM please feel free to message me. I also had my decision between NYCPM and Temple and I chose NYCPM over Temple. And not just for financial reasons.

I loved the way that NYCPM had all of its facilities in house and how all the professors were right there available for you - they have offices upstairs from where you take classes so you can talk to them very easily if you need help.

Like everyone always says, if you're a good student you will do well and you will be "up to snuff" on everything in residency. I personally don't know why NYCPM gets this rap but I would love to talk to these docs that say this - there will be students who aren't up to par everywhere you go. When I was making my decision, I never encountered a doctor that told me not to go to NYCPM. The doctors I talked to praised the clinic experience at NYCPM and thought it was a great school.

Overall it depends on where you feel the most comfortable. Financials, of course, do play a role. If you have any specific questions, I'm here to answer them!

I've had a great experience so far at NYCPM and am really looking forward to starting in the clinics. I feel like I'm getting a top notch education and I know I would be able to hold my weight against any other student out there!