Dedication vs. Variety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiesal

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in school for medical assisting, but would also like to try being an EMT maybe for my senior year of undergraduate. Should I stick with one job or take on both?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can handle both without letting your grades slip, why not?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you can handle both without letting your grades slip, why not?
Being a pre-med is one giant game of Jenga:
"How much can I overload my schedule without causing a total calamitous meltdown?"

Reactions: 8 users
I think dedication is more important than variety. I say this only based on the information I've heard on adcom panels and the fact that making commitments and following through with them is a good quality to have.

If that's the case, I'll use the extra time I have for EC's not work related.

Being an EMT is awesome, but unless you're working full time for a considerable amount of time it just looks like you're trying to add things to look good. Being an EMT can look awesome if you have the experience to back it up

Being an EMT is awesome, but unless you're working full time for a considerable amount of time it just looks like you're trying to add things to look good. Being an EMT can look awesome if you have the experience to back it up
I think dedication is more important than variety. I say this only based on the information I've heard on adcom panels and the fact that making commitments and following through with them is a good quality to have.
There's mixed opinions on this. I would assume that there really isn't any "optimal option" in this case, and I should just do what I enjoy.

Agreed completely. Find something you like to do that is meaningful to you!