Deferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hannah8075

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to defer decisions to MPH programs? I am accepted to Berkeley and Emory so far, but not quite sure if I can afford the programs and was considering working another year to save up for school...

Members don't see this ad.

It is possible at some schools, although I believe the majority will not allow you/only allow under special circumstances. I'd suggest calling the schools that you have been accepted to and explain your situation. They may allow you to defer for up to a year.

I know with Emory, you can defer. Their deferral deadline is August 26, 2015. You will still need to pay the deposit and while completing the enrollment decision form on OPUS, just click the option Defer.

It depends on the school. Some schools will allow you to defer and keep your acceptance, while others will keep your application materials and reevaluate you in the next pool. Some schools require you to resubmit your application.