Definition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4 Ever

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I have questioned others and received various responses, I would like to pose a question to the allo community - What is YOUR definition of "studying"? It seems that a lot of medical students don't "study" or hardly study --- i know my genetics class didn't cover any anatomy, biochem, physio genes that turn on at a certain age so its not like you can just "get it" without studying it. so whats the deal?

Members don't see this ad.

4 Ever said:
Since I have questioned others and received various responses, I would like to pose a question to the allo community - What is YOUR definition of "studying"? It seems that a lot of medical students don't "study" or hardly study --- i know my genetics class didn't cover any anatomy, biochem, physio genes that turn on at a certain age so its not like you can just "get it" without studying it. so whats the deal?

I think that most med students do indeed "study"

4 Ever said:

LOL, it's amazing how many people in medical school grossly understate how much they study. All these people will say they only studied for 15 minutes, but then they open up their book and it's highlighted in 5 different colors.

I remember one girl I was on rotations with told me she hadn't done any studying since the rotation began. Then she mentioned that she had already read the entire book we were responsible for, but she doesn't consider the first time through to be "real" studying.