Delta Epsilon Iota: how legit is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intuition

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an invite to join this thing. Is it supposed to be prestigious or something?? I kinda feel like its not because my GPA is currently 3.34 after first year and a summer and then dropping out of school my 2nd year-1st semester, then being part time for spring.
anyone have any idea?

also, what's the point of this? I can't help feeling like its a scam?

Members don't see this ad.

Mm..never heard of it myself, but I'd refer you perhaps to the power that is Google? Lol. Or wikipedia. Taken with a grain of salt of course :)

You should probably assume anything you get in the mail like that is bogus until you can prove otherwise. Anyone can get your name and mailing address and there are a lot of bogus organizations that claim to be prestigious that you can join for a fee. They will print your name in a book that no one will read, but which you can buy, and if you put it on your resume, people will merely be alerted to how naive you were to have been taken in. Ever get an letter from the National Honor Roll? There are several so-called fraternities/societies with fancy Greek letter names that do the same thing. Obviously, you should throughly research any organization before considering joining.

I joined more than ten honor societies during undergrad. Do you know how many of those actually made it into my AMCAS app? Zero. Best advice, pick one or two organizations and get very involved (i.e. an officer). Anything less is a waste of your time. By the way, you will get MUCH more mileage from joining something OTHER than honor societies and premed clubs. Seriously. This is the one place on your app that basket weaving trumps all.