Density of Pharmacists per 100,000 people by country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Data Query used on WHO website

This is a ranking of the number of pharmacists per country in the world according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Their data was last updated on October 26, 2004. So in terms of data integrity, this data should be as good as it gets.

I ran this query on the WHO website above to get the information attached to this post. Ran the query, exported to Excel, reformatted it, and then inserted the file into a Word document so that it could be attached here on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Pharmacist Density per 100,000 by country.doc
    49 KB · Views: 231
hmmm.. i really dont understand what these numbers mean. i guess 60 somewhat pharmacist compared to over 500 physicians per 100,000 seem quite interesting. i guess we are still in shortage?

USA- 68.81 pharmacists per 100,000
Canada 79.68
Qatar -89.58
Monaco 192.12

Madagascar 0.05

I would not say that it shows we have a shortage..... I mean i'd say we're really middle of the road.. you just have to look at the different ways people in these contries utilize health care also and really there is no one that has health care like the US is there??