Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Dental Anesthesiology Interviews

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by sucstotherescue, 09.08.11.

1. Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. da818

da818

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I've heard about this too. Haven't gotten any evidence either way.
  2. Envision

Envision Envisioning...

Dentist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Can you please elaborate on what you mean? What are the consequences of including pediatric dental on the bill?
  3. Sublimazing

Sublimazing Lingual Nerve Obliterator

Resident [Any Field]
    Dentist SDN 2+ Year Member
    So it does include pediatric dental care. Meaning now all kids will be covered by this government supplied insurance. All providers (us) must accept it. I believe as it stands in my state reimbursement is 300-400 per case for general anesthesia.

So in theory we'd have a lot more patients...but general anesthesia requires equipment, drugs, and monitors which cost quite a bit, not to mention even the fastest anethesiologist needs 30 minutes per patient...and that's flying...add in the operative time (30 min +) and your profit per hour sucks.

And for pediatric dentists it's the same thing, but all their procedures are based on reimbursement. It makes everyone a MEDICAID accepting dentist...but if the government is funding all these people reimbursements are gonna be terrible.

I'm not an expert on this stuff...but that's what I've assessed from the information. Just google it and there's information. And dentists as a whole seem to be OBLIVIOUS to what is happening.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal