Dental Anesthesiology Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard about this too. Haven't gotten any evidence either way.

Members don't see this ad.

Well Medicaid is state to state...so changes in Texas don't have impact on the rest of the 49's...and the medicaid situation in Texas is absolutely crazy...I don't like that change in anesthesia reimbursement...but they do need a change down there

But what is MORE important are the potential changes coming with ACA (obama-care)...looks like they are leaning towards putting Pediatric Dentistry on the bill...if pediatric dentistry gets included...that screws all of us...what do you know about that?
Can you please elaborate on what you mean? What are the consequences of including pediatric dental on the bill?

Can you please elaborate on what you mean? What are the consequences of including pediatric dental on the bill?

So it does include pediatric dental care. Meaning now all kids will be covered by this government supplied insurance. All providers (us) must accept it. I believe as it stands in my state reimbursement is 300-400 per case for general anesthesia.

So in theory we'd have a lot more patients...but general anesthesia requires equipment, drugs, and monitors which cost quite a bit, not to mention even the fastest anethesiologist needs 30 minutes per patient...and that's flying...add in the operative time (30 min +) and your profit per hour sucks.

And for pediatric dentists it's the same thing, but all their procedures are based on reimbursement. It makes everyone a MEDICAID accepting dentist...but if the government is funding all these people reimbursements are gonna be terrible.

I'm not an expert on this stuff...but that's what I've assessed from the information. Just google it and there's information. And dentists as a whole seem to be OBLIVIOUS to what is happening.