Dental College of Georgia - Augusta University class of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what time the interview day will end? Need to be back for class Tuesday morning so I don't know when to fly back

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received the email about an interview yesterday! This is probably a stupid question but this process has made me so nervous so I'm just going to ask. Are you supposed to reply to the email and accept the interview AND send in the interview confirmation form? I just sent the fax in but I'm wondering if I should also reply to the email and just inform them that I faxed it and will be attending, etc

I don't think you have to, but I did. I emailed telling them saying I accepted and asked if they received my fax.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'd have patience. There's a fine line between showing you're really interested in a school and bothering the admission faculty. All IS applicants get a supplemental pretty fast, but it can vary with out of state. I'd email her in the next week or two just saying something along the lines that you are still highly interested.

If you want to go to DCG, I'd show up.

Thanks for the response BWA1991. I completely agree about there being a fine line between contacting a school to show your interest versus going overboard and hurting yourself in the long run. I'll give it some more time and keep my hopes up. I just figured there might be another OOS applicant like myself that has received a supplemental and I was hoping they could comment on how long it took for their app to be reviewed by DCG before they heard back. If anyone can give me some of those time frames from their experience I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there's some resource for this information that's somehow eluding me, but what interview style does DCG use? Also, is it open or closed file?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm sure there's some resource for this information that's somehow eluding me, but what interview style does DCG use? Also, is it open or closed file?

They haven't seen your gpa and dat scores, but I believe everything else is available to them but it depends on if they read your stuff or not (stuff being personal statement history etc). I may be wrong about this, but I believe one of my interviewers last year were familiar with some of my stuff. Anyway, you have two interviewers and I believe the interviews were around 30 mins each. You also have students that are part of the admissions process. Be personable with them. All of them are part of the student admissions program and you want them to have good things to say about you.

They haven't seen your gpa and dat scores, but I believe everything else is available to them but it depends on if they read your stuff or not (stuff being personal statement history etc). I may be wrong about this, but I believe one of my interviewers last year were familiar with some of my stuff. Anyway, you have two interviewers and I believe the interviews were around 30 mins each. You also have students that are part of the admissions process. Be personable with them. All of them are part of the student admissions program and you want them to have good things to say about you.

Thanks so much! I'm headed to Augusta today so this is very timely information.

I'm looking for some insight. I submitted my supplemental last Monday and also emailed my 2x2. I have yet to see a change on AADSAS or a confirmation email that my photo was received. I'm trying not to agitate Ms. Dittfurth, but I would like to be sure that everything that I need to do has been done. Should I call admissions, any advice?

I'm looking for some insight. I submitted my supplemental last Monday and also emailed my 2x2. I have yet to see a change on AADSAS or a confirmation email that my photo was received. I'm trying not to agitate Ms. Dittfurth, but I would like to be sure that everything that I need to do has been done. Should I call admissions, any advice?
I sent Ms. Dittfurth an email to make sure they had everything from me and she kindly replied, I think they prefer you emailing them over calling

Reactions: 1 user
I sent Ms. Dittfurth an email to make sure they had everything from me and she kindly replied, I think they prefer you emailing them over calling
That's the thing, I have now sent two emails to her and have yet to hear anything back. (The first was last month with my unofficial DAT, and then again last week with the 2x2). I'm trying desperately not to annoy any admissions staff, but I need to know if I have everything done.

That's the thing, I have now sent two emails to her and have yet to hear anything back. (The first was last month with my unofficial DAT, and then again last week with the 2x2). I'm trying desperately not to annoy any admissions staff, but I need to know if I have everything done.
Same thing happened to me haha and on AADSAS my status from them was "Awaiting additional info" for the longest time so I sent her a new email, and she replied to that one. I say try the email one more time and if nothing, then call.

Same thing happened to me haha and on AADSAS my status from them was "Awaiting additional info" for the longest time so I sent her a new email, and she replied to that one. I say try the email one more time and if nothing, then call.
That's a relief. I'll try tomorrow morning since I'm sure they've left for the day. Thanks for calming my nerves!

DCG doesn't update their AADSAS status very often. I've already interviewed and I'm still "Under/Review". Definitely just be patient and call eventually. Getting your interview early in the process doesn't do you any favors with them--they give everyone a fair shake.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DCG doesn't update their AADSAS status very often. I've already interviewed and I'm still "Under/Review". Definitely just be patient and call eventually. Getting your interview early in the process doesn't do you any favors with them--they give everyone a fair shake.

Oh that's good to know! Hope your interview went well!

Still haven't heard anything :( So sad! I know a lot of students from my college were applying. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Don't be discouraged for having not heard anything. I had an interview at UAB today and I was the only one that had gotten an interview with Augusta. All of us were out of state with 22+ scores, so I highly doubt they were just getting passed up. DCG is known for being a little slow with the process. Just put it out of your mind and check your email a couple times a day.

Still haven't heard anything :( So sad! I know a lot of students from my college were applying. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Are you in state or out of state? DCG is the only dental school in Ga and its public. If you're out of state it is a bit of an uphill battle, but on the flip side they seem to only interview the OOS'ers that they are very interested in. According to their handout at the interview only about 12% of the OOS applicants were interviewed last year but about 20% of those interviewed joined the class, and its entirely possible others were accepted but went with their state schools in stead. Stay positive!

I'm in state w/ 22+ scores. I'm still waiting to hear! *fingers crossed*

Same! When was your app completed? My committee letter went in around the end of August so I'm hoping that's the reason why it's taking so long to hear back from dcg.

They only interviewed 5 out of the scheduled 18 interview groups, there is still time, don't worry guys!

Same! When was your app completed? My committee letter went in around the end of August so I'm hoping that's the reason why it's taking so long to hear back from dcg.

Mine was completed at the end of August as well. As soon as one of us gets an interview then the other person should freak out I guess haha

Lol I'm in the same boat! At first I thought it was because my app wasn't complete til August, but I've heard back from other schools so who knows. Fingers crossed at least one of us hears something soon!

Can anyone who had the interview already post a brief schedule of both the informal reception day and the actual interview day ("at so-and-so hour, we did this", "at this time, we toured the facilities", etc.)? All I gathered from the interview invite email was that the informal reception starts at 7pm and the actual interview day lasts from 8am to the "end of the day", so I was wondering what the more detailed schedule would look like so that I can mentally prepare myself.
Thanks!

Dinner: Day before, 6:45 pm to whenever. You'll probably be there an hour and a half. No need for formalwear, but represent yourself nicely.

Day of: 7:45am-10:00am talk to Dr. Hanes, various presentations, tour the school. 10-12pm interviews (two groups split up into one hour blocks, two 30 minute interviews each). 12:00-1:00 lunch. 1-3pm more presentations and talks. Then you have the opportunity to shadow in the clinic for as long as you'd like. People started leaving after 45 mins to an hour. Expect to be out of there by 4:30/5:00 or so.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Dinner: Day before, 6:45 pm to whenever. You'll probably be there an hour and a half. No need for formalwear, but represent yourself nicely.

Day of: 7:45am-10:00am talk to Dr. Hanes, various presentations, tour the school. 10-12pm interviews (two groups split up into one hour blocks, two 30 minute interviews each). 12:00-1:00 lunch. 1-3pm more presentations and talks. Then you have the opportunity to shadow in the clinic for as long as you'd like. People started leaving after 45 mins to an hour. Expect to be out of there by 4:30/5:00 or so.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, but could you elaborate on the "two groups split up into one hour blocks, two 30 minute interviews each" part...? Still not quite sure what you mean. Also, were they group or one-on-one interviews? That's a lot of presentations and talks by the way!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, but could you elaborate on the "two groups split up into one hour blocks, two 30 minute interviews each" part...? Still not quite sure what you mean. Also, were they group or one-on-one interviews? That's a lot of presentations and talks by the way!

He means there is a two hour block for the interviews: half of your interview group goes the first hour and the other half goes the second hour. Within your hour slot you have two separate interviews that are 30 minutes each.

Last edited:

Yeah sorry, I knew that sounded a little weird but I was done with my poop and didn't bother to spare the time correcting it. I'm sure you understand.

So the interviewees are split up into two groups, A and B. Group A does their interviews from 10-11, while B does theirs from 11-12. I was in A, so at 10 I had my first one-on-one at 10, followed by another at 10:30, which is was one-on-one as well. There's a pool of about 7 interviewers that you can get, all of which are predetermined.

And yes, many presentations. Financial Aid, research, the dean. It's a long day but you can tell they really care about you being there and want to make a good impression.

I got an invite!! AHH! :soexcited:

Btw, Dec 5th was the last interview date offered on the form they gave me. I'm not sure if that's the last interview date or not. Just a heads up for those who are curious.

Last edited:
Well, :( this sucks. Guess I'm really out of luck

It says 5th, but at the interview I asked how many interview groups there will be, and they told me 18, so it looks like they might add 4 more groups after the 5th... Not sure though..

I got an invite!! AHH! :soexcited:

Btw, Dec 5th was the last interview date offered on the form they gave me. I'm not sure if that's the last interview date or not. Just a heads up for those who are curious.
Congrats!

When was your application complete?

Well, :( this sucks. Guess I'm really out of luck

I'm sure they're still contacting people for interviews! It's still pretty early so I wouldn't lose hope just yet! :)

Congrats!

When was your application complete?

Thank you! My committee letter was uploaded on August 23rd so I guess my app was completed at that time. :)

I'm sure they're still contacting people for interviews! It's still pretty early so I wouldn't lose hope just yet! :)

Thank you! My committee letter was uploaded on August 23rd so I guess my app was completed at that time. :)

Ugh... My app was complete around that time as well, and it seems like they are done giving out pre-december interviews. Ahh I'm worried now haha

Yeah sorry, I knew that sounded a little weird but I was done with my poop and didn't bother to spare the time correcting it. I'm sure you understand.

So the interviewees are split up into two groups, A and B. Group A does their interviews from 10-11, while B does theirs from 11-12. I was in A, so at 10 I had my first one-on-one at 10, followed by another at 10:30, which is was one-on-one as well. There's a pool of about 7 interviewers that you can get, all of which are predetermined.

And yes, many presentations. Financial Aid, research, the dean. It's a long day but you can tell they really care about you being there and want to make a good impression.

Thank you for the clarification! What exactly do we do during the informal reception? Do we all sit around a table while eating or just simply stand in the hallway or something and roam around to meet new people and talk with them?

Thank you for the clarification! What exactly do we do during the informal reception? Do we all sit around a table while eating or just simply stand in the hallway or something and roam around to meet new people and talk with them?

You don't need anything! You just sit down at this big conference table and the students from the admissions committee field questions. I would recommend eating beforehand though, the "dinner" is mostly pretzels and m&m's.

You don't need anything! You just sit down at this big conference table and the students from the admissions committee field questions. I would recommend eating beforehand though, the "dinner" is mostly pretzels and m&m's.

LOL thanks for the heads up! I will be sure to eat before coming in case I get hangry.

Has anyone stayed at Elm Hall the night before the interview? DCG is offering a $25/per night studio for up to two nights. Is it better to just stay at a hotel near by?

I did and I would definitely recommend staying there. It was super convenient and so much cheaper than a hotel!

I did and I would definitely recommend staying there. It was super convenient and so much cheaper than a hotel!

Thank you for your response! Do you know if we are allowed to have a family member with us or is it strictly just the interviewee?

To stay in the room with you? I don't think they would care if you brought someone. The room only has one bed though.

To stay in the room with you? I don't think they would care if you brought someone. The room only has one bed though.
Gotcha. Thanks! I emailed them last Friday so I hope they'll reply back soon to let me know if they have a room available.

I was told by a friend that attends the school that they have interviews through Jan.
There is hope for the rest of us!

HI Guys - does anyone know what the dress code if for the informal reception the night before the interview?

Also - does anyone have any info on the actual interview questions they asked? Thanks for any help in advance!!!

HI Guys - does anyone know what the dress code if for the informal reception the night before the interview?

Also - does anyone have any info on the actual interview questions they asked? Thanks for any help in advance!!!

It is "informal", so you don't HAVE to wear your suit (I just wore a polo tshirt and pants, but I've seen quite a few wearing them), but do wear something nice and clean. Remember that the current students who will be holding the informal reception ARE part of the student admissions committee, so do what you can to leave a good or at least above-average impression.

Got my first interview invitation yesterday!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.