Dental College of Georgia - Augusta University class of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first interview yesterday!
Did you get an e-mail from DCG yesterday for an interview invitation? if so, when is your interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get an e-mail from DCG yesterday for an interview invitation? if so, when is your interview date?
Yes! They offered 10/16 to 10/17, but I can choose other dates

Yes! They offered 10/16 to 10/17, but I can choose other dates
Thanks! So DCG is still filling October interview slot which gives me a little hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! So DCG is still filling October interview slot which gives me a little hope.
It seems like there are a lot of spots left because they had around 6 dates to choose from. You'll get one! Good luck!

Last edited:
I have some new info!
All interview invitations will be sent by Thanksgiving
Last interview date is Dec 5th
All decisions will be made by Christmas
A little over 50% of the wait-list usually gets in

Reactions: 7 users
I have some new info!
All interview invitations will be sent by Thanksgiving
Last interview date is Dec 5th
All decisions will be made by Christmas
A little over 50% of the wait-list usually gets in
To add to this, ~1100 applicants (majority out of state) and the class size will be 100 for the Class of 2021!

Reactions: 4 users
To add to this, ~1100 applicants (majority out of state) and the class size will be 100 for the Class of 2021!

Also, wait list for in-state is about 30 people, and yes, about 15 of them got in last application cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know how many in-states applicants there are and how many get interviewed and how many get accepted?

Do you guys know how many in-states applicants there are and how many get interviewed and how many get accepted?

Little under 400 applicants, almost 200 get an interview and 90 get accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Little under 400 applicants, almost 200 get an interview and 90 get accepted.

ImageUploadedBySDN1475750906.427096.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all the information you guys! :love:

A buddy of mine is a D1 and he said ~60% of his class were reapplicants. So good news if this isn't your first rodeo!

So a 45.1% chance if you are instate and got an interview give or take for those who got off the wait list?

Kind of. Basic statistics would tell you that, but the dental schools try to keep a ratio of certain ethnicities and gender so that may change your percentage some. AADSAS publishes a guide you can buy cheap to be able to look at some of that information if you're willing to purchase it. I believe it's $15.

Thanks for all the information, now excuse me while I have an anxiety attacks until I hear back.

I received an interview invite at 6 this morning! All the November dates and December 5th were still available to choose from!

Last edited:
Thank you! Do you remember how many dates there were in November?
There are 6 November dates that are listed as "possible interview dates". But now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not certain if any of those dates have filled up or not. I was offered a slot for late October which makes me think that the majority of those dates should still be open. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

There are 6 November dates that are listed as "possible interview dates". But now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not certain if any of those dates have filled up or not. I was offered a slot for late October which makes me think that the majority of those dates should still be open. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
That's very helpful, thank you. I received the supplemental complete email on 9/21, so I hope to get good news next week!

Not sure how helpful this is, but DCG has two interview days a week, Monday and Friday, as long as the admissions office doesn't have any other events going on. So each week until probably mid to late November should have 2 interview dates.

Last edited:
Not sure how helpful this is, but DCG has two interview days a week, Monday and Friday, as long as the admissions office don't have any other events going on. So each week until probably mid to late November should have 2 interview dates.

Good to know. Thank you.

I have a general question for anyone who has already interviewed. I know that DCG hosts a reception the night before their interview. So for Friday dates, the reception is Thursday evening. Does anyone know how that works out for Monday interview dates? Do they hold a reception on...Sunday?

I have a general question for anyone who has already interviewed. I know that DCG hosts a reception the night before their interview. So for Friday dates, the reception is Thursday evening. Does anyone know how that works out for Monday interview dates? Do they hold a reception on...Sunday?

Yes.

That's very helpful, thank you. I received the supplemental complete email on 9/21, so I hope to get good news next week!

Ms. Perry told me they're only half way with interviews so I wouldn't worry just yet. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Yesterday! There are a ton of interview dates still. Don't worry.

When was your supplemental complete?
I submitted the supplemental around 9/13, but didn't get the confirmation email until 9/21 after contacting Ms. Dittfurth about it. So I'm not too sure when it was actually considered "complete". I know I should relax, but easier said than done lol. Congrats by the way!

My supplemental was submitted on 7/22
I know my application has been reviewed but they haven't made their decision on granting me an interview or not.

Anyone got interview invitation recently?

My supplemental was submitted on 7/22
I know my application has been reviewed but they haven't made their decision on granting me an interview or not.
Did you contact them to know your status? I submitted my supplemental mid-Aug but still haven't heard from them so trying to figure out whether I should contact them just to get an update

For those of you who received an interview, was the status on AADSAS still "received/under review" or "received/application complete"? I am starting to stress because I received an email in September saying they had received all necessary documents, but the status has not changed to application complete.

For those of you who received an interview, was the status on AADSAS still "received/under review" or "received/application complete"? I am starting to stress because I received an email in September saying they had received all necessary documents, but the status has not changed to application complete.

At no point did mine say "complete". It was actually under review until long after I had my interview, at which point it changed to "invited for interview"... Thanks AADSAS. Lol

Does anyone know how many acceptances are sent out in December? I'm sure they issue those to a higher number in case applicants drop seats.

There's not a set number, but I would say a good bit of spots are given out in December for the exact reason you've said. I know about 10ish people who were accepted and decided to go to another school, but there is likely more I do not know about. They save some spots until near school starts in case there are some people that do not pass their hand skills classes (this happened with the 2019 class and I'm sure some others in the past).

Edit: People being held back shouldn't make anyone nervous or shouldn't reflect on the school. If you work hard and get tutoring if you're struggling you'll succeed. Just a small FYI.

Last edited:

At no point did mine say "complete". It was actually under review until long after I had my interview, at which point it changed to "invited for interview"... Thanks AADSAS. Lol

Yeah, mine last year never changed from invited for interview until after December if I remember correctly and it changed to invited for interview a while after my interview.

Thank you! That makes me feel a little less stressed about it.

There's not a set number, but I would say a good bit of spots are given out in December for the exact reason you've said. I know about 10ish people who were accepted and decided to go to another school, but there is likely more I do not know about. They save some spots until near school starts in case there are some people that do not pass their hand skills classes (this happened with the 2019 class and I'm sure some others in the past).

Edit: People being held back shouldn't make anyone nervous or shouldn't reflect on the school. If you work hard and get tutoring if you're struggling you'll succeed. Just a small FYI.
Could you elaborate on the not passing hand skills part?

Status
Not open for further replies.