Dental Internship Opportunity for Students taking Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mbarth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for my replacement as a dental intern this coming year located in the North Chicagoland area. This is for anyone looking to have a "gap-year" after graduation, or simply don't want to be stuck working a non-dental related job. This position entails learning critical laboratory techniques, assisting skills, and the business aspects of a dental office. This is an incredible opportunity that you do not want to pass up! I have obtained first-hand experience in many different aspects of dentistry that I know will give me a significant advantage when I start dental school in the Fall.

The dentist works in office Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and a typical day lasts from ~8am-4pm. Some days are longer, some days are shorter. This is a paid internship where you will be learning critical lab techniques (pouring, mounting models on articulators, making bite splints, stents, bleaching trays, etc.), and assisting skills (I assist her during all procedures that include crowns, inlays/onlays, implants, composites, bite equilibrations, etc.). Also, you will help with the business aspect of the office (insurance, supply ordering, phone calls, etc.)

Truly, this is an opportunity that will set you apart from other applicants. This position constantly challenges me to keep learning and discover new ways to contribute to the field of dentistry. I know that I will have a huge advantage when I start dental school in the Fall. We are looking for a June start date.

If you would like to apply, please send me your resume and cover letter in response to this email, [email protected], as soon as possible as we are currently conducting interviews. Please do not hesitate if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.