Dental missions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthernMEd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any dental missions trips that are available for pre-dental students? I can find plenty for dentists and students in dental school, but not so much for undergrad students. If you have been on one or know of any for undergrads I would like to know the names so I can share with my pre-dental club.

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I'd like to hear about this too if anyone knows something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going on a mission trip my freshmen year left me mentally distressed for years afterwards, so think about it wisely!

If you still are interested after visiting the link above, you can message me and I'll give you more info about the one I went on!

Reactions: 1 user
Going on a mission trip my freshmen year left me mentally distressed for years afterwards, so think about it wisely!

If you still are interested after visiting the link above, you can message me and I'll give you more info about the one I went on!
Why? What happened?

That's pretty wild. I would of never expected to hear any of this. I've been on mission trips but never a medical mission trip.

I have been on a few mission trips and they have been nothing but good experiences. There was no ethical work going on and the people truly appreciated the work that was being done.

look into the ones that dental school and state department of health sponsors. VCU has one called "MoM" mission of mercy and I know some other school has that as well.
Going to MoM mission probably will not let you do as luxurious things as you would on other mission trips, but you still get to see a lot and help out.

Other paid missions trips are getting bad raps because some of them allow pre-dent students do procedures which are clearly not allowed within the states, hence why ethical issues are being mentioned by some people about certain trips.

Reactions: 1 user
Regardless of personal view about ethics, good or bad can anyone actually name some organizations or websites I could look up for trips for undergrad students?

I have been on a few mission trips and they have been nothing but good experiences. There was no ethical work going on and the people truly appreciated the work that was being done.
What organizations did you go through?