Dental Student Poll: Acquiring DDS or DMD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Current or accepted dental students only: What degree will you be awarded?

• Total voters

SnozzBerry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Self-explanatory. Please current or accepted (final deposit at school yada yada yada) only.

Members don't see this ad.

@Incis0r, I thought you hadn't even applied yet. But you marked DMD above.

Reactions: 1 user
@Incis0r, I thought you hadn't even applied yet. But you marked DMD above.

It is possible to have an acceptance to a dental program without having applied in the regular cycle. Between post-bac bridge programs, combined BS/DMD/DDS programs (like the ones at UoP, Buffalo, UConn, BU), etc., one doesn't need to have applied in the regular cycle to be "in" at a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is possible to have an acceptance to a dental program without having applied in the regular cycle. Between post-bac bridge programs, combined BS/DMD/DDS programs (like the ones at UoP, Buffalo, UConn, BU), etc., one doesn't need to have applied in the regular cycle to be "in" at a school.
Fair enough, didn't think about that one.

Will you be applying elsewhere then? Aren't you the person who keeps saying that if they can't get into a cheap dental school you won't go to dental school?

Reactions: 1 users
Fair enough, didn't think about that one.

Will you be applying elsewhere then? Aren't you the person who keeps saying that if they can't get into a cheap dental school you won't go to dental school?

I think it won't hurt to apply to multiple schools.

Last edited:
I'm aiming for the cheapest school I can get into. If my only option for dental school will be to take out $400K+ in loans, then I'm perfectly willing to consider an alternate career path.

I am just confused I guess, so you are applying elsewhere or not? If you are already in at a BS/DMD school, why say the above? Unless you are applying to other places.

Reactions: 1 user