Dentist pulls out 16 teeth and this happens.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
"Waddell said that although the staff came out with more oxygen, no one knew how to perform CPR."

Nobody in the office knew CPR? Well, I can't say I feel sorry for the dentist. That's just irresponsible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not knowing how to perform CPR is absolutely inexcusable, unethical, and utterly embarrassing. Quite simply, I don't think people who have less life-saving capabilities than a 13 year old lifeguard should be involved in patient care in any capacity.

And not knowing how to perform CPR gives me little hope that the people involved in the care of this woman have any knowledge whatsoever about her medical conditions.

Normally, I'd brush these "patient dies at dental office" stories off as an ignorant public unaware that dental extractions are, in fact, surgical procedures with real consequences that include death but I'd love to know the "whole story".

Just a dental student so IDK everything, but shouldn't every one in the office know how to do CPR? Doesn't the dentist pay for CPR classes for them?

Not knowing how to perform CPR is absolutely inexcusable, unethical, and utterly embarrassing. Quite simply, I don't think people who have less life-saving capabilities than a 13 year old lifeguard should be involved in patient care in any capacity.

And not knowing how to perform CPR gives me little hope that the people involved in the care of this woman have any knowledge whatsoever about her medical conditions.

Normally, I'd brush these "patient dies at dental office" stories off as an ignorant public unaware that dental extractions are, in fact, surgical procedures with real consequences that include death but I'd love to know the "whole story".

We don't know the whole story. Maybe they knew CPR, but didn't see the need to use it. Maybe she was responsive the whole time until she got in the bus. I agree, CPR is a basic skill a health professional should know.

I had a neighbor die while walking in our neighborhood. Multiple heart issues and just a sick old man. Newspaper could have said "Walking kills man". Sometimes things aren't related at all. Like I said, we don't know the whole story, but sick people die all the time.

Where in the story do you see an indication for cpr? If you can tell people that you can't breath, you're breathing and presumably have a pulse