About the ads

Dentistry in the UK

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mrinalini, 03.08.04.

  1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. mrinalini

    mrinalini bAbYRoAcH

    SDN 7+ Year Member

    SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I've seen a lot of posts about practising medicine in the UK, but nothing about dentistry in the UK. Is there anyone out there pursuing dentistry here or overseas dentists in the process of getting licensed in the UK?
    If theres someone out there It would be nice to share information.

  2. BlueToothHunter


    SDN 10+ Year Member
    It's probably answered a few times by now, but just wanted to add my 1 cent.

    If your primary dental qualification was obtained outside of Europe and if your passport is not of European Union, then it'd be pretty hard to get a license to practice dentistry. General Dental Council will allow foreign trained dentists from certain Commonwealth countries only upto 2000 graduates to register without any conditions. If you graduated after 2000, then you would have to take the IQE's (a 3 part clinical exam) and pay them lots of money. Once you have registration with GDC then you must somehow obtain Vocational training through a private practice or a hospital post. Otherwise you would have to content yourself as an associate or salaried dentist... you won't be able to set up your own practice without the VT completed. That means you won't be able to treat NHS patients! Just get to those fee-for-service patients!

Share This Page

About the ads