Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

victorria82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,
wow i think this is an interesting forum. anyhoo i am from the US and was curious about dental schools in Europe. I would imagine that taking advantage of a European education would require a lot of paperwork likewise for someone in Europe trying to get into a US school. Can someone tell what things would be necessary for me to complete prior to application to European dental schools? Also which schools would u recommend and why?

Danke sehr,
Vicki

Members don't see this ad.

victorria82 said:
Hello to all,
wow i think this is an interesting forum. anyhoo i am from the US and was curious about dental schools in Europe. I would imagine that taking advantage of a European education would require a lot of paperwork likewise for someone in Europe trying to get into a US school. Can someone tell what things would be necessary for me to complete prior to application to European dental schools? Also which schools would u recommend and why?

Danke sehr,
Vicki

I can only say this about the UK dental schools...

Most dental schools in the UK require you to obtain GCSE and A-Level results. Some may allow IBs or even DAT/SAT/GRE scores (not 100% sure, check on this!!) if you are applying as an international student. With A-Level scores you would have to apply through UCAS (this was so back in 1994 if I remember correctly!) - which is a centralized application processing unit somewhere in middle of England. You list the schools that you would like to get into. Then they would call you for interview if you were short-listed. Nail biting begins... They have a quota for international students so remember that! Also as a foreign student, you'd have to pay lots and lots of money! If you want to come back to the US, then you would have to do it the other way round! It's crazy... but somehow there are so many craziness out there, this is trivial compared to them! Have fun!