Dentists/Dental Students: Drug Mechanism Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Toothenstein

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a predental student and have an open spot for a biology course its on drug mechanisms/drug interaction. Taught by a PharmD and now PhD in molecular bio professor. Would this be helpful for dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

It's applicable. You may go into greater detail on some of the pharmacology than you'll get in dental school, but it'll be a nice foundation of knowledge to have when taking those courses again.

I worked in a pharmacy before dental school. I find it very useful. Might as well memorize the 100 popular brand/generics while you are at it. You know, for fun and what not. Who knows what your patient may be taking.

Reactions: 1 user
It's applicable. You may go into greater detail on some of the pharmacology than you'll get in dental school, but it'll be a nice foundation of knowledge to have when taking those courses again.

I worked in a pharmacy before dental school. I find it very useful. Might as well memorize the 100 popular brand/generics while you are at it. You know, for fun and what not. Who knows what your patient may be taking.

Good to know that it wont be a waste of time. I really like the professor (one of my LOR), hope the course will look good to admissions.