Deposit extensions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like I've posted in another thread, I will be sending in my deposit for Touro, but I also asked for an extension. They then emailed back asking what I needed an extra week extension for. What do I say. Do I stay honest and tell them I am waiting to hear from other schools, which I was assuming that thiey should know that this is the reason i was asking for the extension. Do you guys think they would think differently of me?

Members don't see this ad.

Like you said they probably know why you are asking for an extension but out of curiosity how much is the deposit? You could always say you're waiting for the next pay check...

They shouldn't think differently of you since you've already been accepted. They want you at their school.

What made you decide to attend Touro over SBU?

It is a difficult decision. However, im sending in my deposit now just to secure a spot since the deadline for Touro is December 4th and for SBU it is January 31st. So I'm basically not "choosing" just yet, but more like leaning towards one way. Both schools have low tuition. Around $60k total. I have emailed and messaged people from both programs. A 1st year who attends Touro and a 2nd year that attends SBU. They both love their program and they have good things to say about it. SBU has an ultimate pass rate of 89% and Touro has 91% according to fspbt. It comes down to location and curiculum. I asked for a copy of the curiculum for SBU and they have a class titled "Christian World views I-IV" and I mean Im catholic and pray everynight and all and dont mind it but I'm not that religious if you know what I mean. Touro is a Jewish school. They have 6 semesters of classroom education but the program is a total of 3 years. SBU's program is only 33 months months long. I'm not really doing very well answering why I chose Touro. Pretty much they both are great programs. I dont know if I can live in Bolivar, MO though.

Since Touro did not interview, I will actually go there for spring break maybe and just take a tour of the campus and check out the area.

Im just securing a spot, and still waiting for Temple:xf: and Shenandoah :xf:after my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same issue. I have had 2 interviews and still have at least 2 coming up. I already have one acceptance(Temple) but still want to weigh my options. I should be hearing from my second interview in a few weeks, but I am just going to go ahead and place my deposit at Temple because I was very impressed with the program/faculty/students. It tough having options, but I am not gonna moan because its ultimately a good problem to have.

Yeah true. Temple is awesome. And their deposit is $300 compared to the $500 I have to send in.

I can't believe they asked why you needed the extension... I mean... on one hand it'd be nice to be honest... they can't "take back" their offer to you... it puts the applicant in a weird position though, IMO.

I may lean towards fibbing and saying that I needed to wait for my next paycheck.

I'm also not looking forward to $500 that I'll send out...