Depressed... Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

belochka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so depressed right now... I did my first Achiever test, and I got embarrassing 14.... I have DAT coming up on May 17 th. Am I going to fail??? I really thought I was doing better. I have 2 more tests to do, but the time that is left before my real test is not much to raise my score to a decent level. What do I do? I really don't want to give up, but my confidence has dropped...

Members don't see this ad.

I am so depressed right now... I did my first Achiever test, and I got embarrassing 14.... I have DAT coming up on May 17 th. Am I going to fail??? I really thought I was doing better. I have 2 more tests to do, but the time that is left before my real test is not much to raise my score to a decent level. What do I do? I really don't want to give up, but my confidence has dropped...

Use topscore to get a more accurate range of where you stand now. I hear achiever is unnecessarily difficult and not worth the trouble unless you really want extra problems to study off of. I used topscore and i thought it was very similar to my actual test. Just relax and take it easy as hard as that sounds to do lol the more you stress yourself the worse off you are. Find something you enjoy doing thats not DAT related and try to incorporate that into your study routine just to burn off some steam from time to time. Just make sure its a very small portion of your DAT studying lol like maybe save an hour a day to go work out whatever you like to do for fun. The test is surprisingly doable just review everything and you will be fine! Good luck studying

Don't worry just yet, you have time to boost your score up. If you can bring up your Achiever score to at least 16, you'll do just fine on the DAT.

Thanks guys for your advice and ecouragement. I just need to focus. One thing though... I ran out of time on each section. For example, on my reading section I was reading the whole thing and making brief notes about each paragraph( 2-3 words). Do you think it's just taking up my time unnecessarily?