Depth Perseption Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindedHydra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a Highschool Student participating in a VEX Robotics Competition. It is know as VEX Skyrise (Video link for the game ). And the main issue that myself and my co driver are finding is that we cannot tell when our claw that we are using to lift the cubes in the game is around the cube correctly to grab it when our Robot is further down the field. So my friend and I were wondering what would be the best ways that we could improve our depth perception on our claw so that we could grab it every time. We were thinking colors, but the colors could not be Red, Blue, or Grey because then the claw would blend with the field. Also my Co-Driver has a Red Green color blind deficiency. If anyone could help out that would be awesome! Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh ya one more thing our bot is much bigger and more complex than the little base bots in the video, if you want a picture just ask. I could also give a picture of the claw if that helps.

Glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of an interesting question here.

There are many different types of depth perception. Do you have issue only when trying to use the claw or do you have the same trouble when trying to put the blocks on the posts?

One possible solution maybe to paint a small yellow stripe down the center of the claw. It would just give one more depth clue.