Dermatology in germany?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derm_71

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a graduate from medical school. I know that chances of derm in the states r very few. So I'm thinking about Germany since many people told me I can land a residency there if I work hard enough? OK! Now my question is, since I'll be studying dermatology in german language and eventually I will practice in the middle east where my family is. Is this a good choice? How am I gonna be able to update myself with english used in medicine allover the world and in the middle east and that I learned derma in german? Is it possible or should I stick the learning derma in in english in another country?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a graduate from medical school. I know that chances of derm in the states r very few. So I'm thinking about Germany since many people told me I can land a residency there if I work hard enough? OK! Now my question is, since I'll be studying dermatology in german language and eventually I will practice in the middle east where my family is. Is this a good choice? How am I gonna be able to update myself with english used in medicine allover the world and in the middle east and that I learned derma in german? Is it possible or should I stick the learning derma in in english in another country?

I'm not sure how helpful we will be since this forum is predominantly for dermatologists based in the US. Are there no residency programs in the Middle East? My PD always talked about "learning the language" of dermatology as a 1st year. There is a huge amount of vocabulary / nomenclature to be picked up as part of a dermatology residency. Yes, if you intend to practice in English, I would suspect pursuing training in English is going to be best for you.

Boston University has an international graduate training program. Other departments do as well but you'll have to do some searching online.

Reactions: 1 user