Dermatology question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_spenncer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you be both a pediatric and cosmetic dermatologist as well as hows every daily job

Members don't see this ad.

Can you be both a pediatric and cosmetic dermatologist as well as hows every daily job

Yes it is possible to do both.

I encourage you to shadow a local dermatologist to get a glimpse of what the job entails on a daily basis. This is not something that is easily explained on a forum.

There's a ton of work involved in diagnosing a patient, as well as treating them. To start off, there are tons of skin diseases out there, but not only that, you have to know the stages of them, how it spreads, all the types of antibiotics and how it's made, what it treats, how much to give them....etc. You guys get the point right? My question is do all dermatologists know everything right off the back, or do they have to refer to some sort of guide? Is there questions patients asks that they have to think about or don't know the answer to?

There's a ton of work involved in diagnosing a patient, as well as treating them. To start off, there are tons of skin diseases out there, but not only that, you have to know the stages of them, how it spreads, all the types of antibiotics and how it's made, what it treats, how much to give them....etc. You guys get the point right? My question is do all dermatologists know everything right off the back, or do they have to refer to some sort of guide? Is there questions patients asks that they have to think about or don't know the answer to?

It looks like you are very early on in the medical education process. I encourage you to peruse this forum (search before posting) and to shadow dermatologists to get answers to some of your very basic questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.