Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still haven't heard anything and was complete 7-14 it has been 60 days...

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrawing my app from DMU. Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wonder that how long is the waiting time between complete and decision (interview invitation, reject, hold for interview)?

hold for interview? or hold to wait more grades/MCAT?
On hold for interview. I don't have any pending grades or MCAT. They said they would review my application again later in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Been 2 weeks today since my interview just waiting for my email

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Phones died twice today from refreshing email. They should send it out soon

Yo so did anyone else interview on the 4th of September, but not get any correspondence from them today? This is a top DO school for me so I've been really anxiously checking my email all day.

Lol, is anyone else in this predicament?

Rejected this morning. Complete ~mid july

Hmm odd. Oh well, I guess we wait till Monday.
Do you think we should email them? the lady who gave us the admissions speech told us to if we haven't heard in two weeks, but then again it seems like everyone hasn't.

Can you withdraw your app post interview/pre-acceptance??

Do you think we should email them? the lady who gave us the admissions speech told us to if we haven't heard in two weeks, but then again it seems like everyone hasn't.

Looks like no one has heard from them. I would wait.

Yeah they said typically 2 weeks but 3 weeks is still within reasonable time frame to hear back.

so today marks the 60th day of the "your file will remain under review for up to 60 days and you will be notified of your admission status via email once a decision has been reached." Does this mean I've been rejected since I haven't received an email or any contact at all? :unsure:

so today marks the 60th day of the "your file will remain under review for up to 60 days and you will be notified of your admission status via email once a decision has been reached." Does this mean I've been rejected since I haven't received an email or any contact at all? :unsure:
I am curious about the same thing. My 60 days will arrive in 2 days

mine is tomorrow
*virtual hugs you 2

Reactions: 1 user

mine is tomorrow
*virtual hugs you 2

I miscounted since apparently August and July have 31 days lol soooo yesterday was the 60th day. I sent them an email. I'll let you know what they say. Hoping it's something good :rolleyes:

I miscounted since apparently August and July have 31 days lol soooo yesterday was the 60th day. I sent them an email. I'll let you know what they say. Hoping it's something good :rolleyes:
maybe they just lost our app lol
but then again, i'm sure they don't print all the apps, probably just have some computer program to sort through them all

Anybody else interviewing on Thursday (the 24th)? :ninja:

60 days after complete and rejected :(

3.2 GPA, 29 MCAT

~200 hours non clinical
~250 hours clinical combined (shadowed 1 DO and worked with another DO)

Last edited:
What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? What were the breadth & depth of your extracurriculars?

Today is day 61. I am going to guess I got a rejection as well

Has anyone been able to slide by with pre-reqs? I had a C- in biochem and was wondering if I had a shot at even applying.

Where were you accepted at? You're still gonna be a doc ;) I have a 502 MCAT and 3.82 so I'm slightly opposite to you lol. We'll see what happens.

What's your take/review of acom I have an interview there soon and am wondering if I should attend... Have you been to Campbell if so how'd does it compare because they both are newer schools that seem to be pretty similar stat wise.

What's your take/review of acom I have an interview there soon and am wondering if I should attend... Have you been to Campbell if so how'd does it compare because they both are newer schools that seem to be pretty similar stat wise.
didn't apply to campbell

as for ACOM, I found the building to be very modern and on par with the new teaching building at UCSD SOM.

the staff was super enthusiastic and the OMM teacher seems thrilled about teaching which is always a plus for me

Dothan is quite humid and will probably take me a while to adjust. housing is dirt cheap compared to where i live now. my friend, who goes there, lives in a very modern 1 bd apt and is paying $850/month. there's also on campus housing
students there seem pretty happy

tuition (~40k) is a bargain compared to other schools. you get a laptop, ipad, question banks for boards, most textbooks are given to you electronically on your ipad.

didn't apply to campbell

as for ACOM, I found the building to be very modern and on par with the new teaching building at UCSD SOM.

the staff was super enthusiastic and the OMM teacher seems thrilled about teaching which is always a plus for me

Dothan is quite humid and will probably take me a while to adjust. housing is dirt cheap compared to where i live now. my friend, who goes there, lives in a very modern 1 bd apt and is paying $850/month. there's also on campus housing
students there seem pretty happy

tuition (~40k) is a bargain compared to other schools. you get a laptop, ipad, question banks for boards, most textbooks are given to you electronically on your ipad.

Thank you

Accepted!

Reactions: 6 users