Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on pre interview hold this morning :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At least you know where you stand! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to those of you interviewing this week. Travel safe. :thumbup:

II!! Really, really like this school! Interviewing on 9/9!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called like two weeks ago about them releasing more interview dates as my days are taken in September... and they said they would in a few days. Still no more dates :/ Anyone else waiting on October or later dates?

Just got placed on hold here, second year in a row :(

Yup, with the subject line "Application Update" which is never good lol

Don't worry, I'm sure i'll get one too. I think its more of "hey i know we haven't talked in a while but we haven't forgot about you (but were giving other peeps IIs right now).

Is it worth calling a school to ask for an app update if you haven't got an interview yet?

Is it worth calling a school to ask for an app update if you haven't got an interview yet?

If it's after the 60 days, yes. If not, no.
Agreed. Admissions is very busy this time of year, and they should get back to you within this time. An email is fine afterwards if you don't. They are all really nice people in there.

Seems like they're getting towards the end of July/beginning of August applications. I was complete around 8/1. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone complete after 8/1 get an update yet?

Seems like they're getting towards the end of July/beginning of August applications. I was complete around 8/1. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone complete after 8/1 get an update yet?
Yes me. Hold!

@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!

Reactions: 1 user
What were the LOR requirements here? I have limited internet access.

@t5Nitro @almostnever Have either of you heard anything (good or bad) about the Wisconsin rotation sites? Also, I'm not sure if it's already been stated, but doesn't anyone know anything about the interview:acceptance ratio? 2 weeks out from my interview and super excited!!

Current third year at one of the Wisconsin sites, PM me for more info

They added a bunch of WI yearlong rotations around the Milwaukee area last year. It looks like showtimekaner might be your best info for that if s/he is going there/is already there. I thought the hospitals in that area were good, but I'll let the other user give you input on that one.

If I remember correctly (in my experience), most DO programs interview ~700, accept ~300-400 and then a fraction of those matriculate. I'm not sure of the exact numbers.

Current third year at one of the Wisconsin sites, PM me for more info

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary Complete email this morning. Submitted 08/03.

x

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II also! 3.41/508 OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats all! When did you submit and when were you complete?

I can't speak to WI rotation site quality (as I have no experience with them) but as far as interviewing...at least half of the people in my interview group are now my classmates!

I know this is hard to think about but don't stress for this interview!!! People told me that before mine and I thought they were crazy (I mean, getting into med school is on the line; how could I not be stressed?!). DMU has the most chill interview day ever. If you think it's hard, that's probably an issue. The interviewers really do care and will ask you questions based on your personal application.

Good luck to you all with interviews coming up! I've already been seeing lots of penguins (everyone seems to wear a white shirt and black suit) flooding through the buildings!

Does anyone have the stats of how many people DMU interviews and then accepts?

Does anyone have the stats of how many people DMU interviews and then accepts?

It was roughly 700 interviews and 400 acceptances for my class. You'll never get specific acceptance numbers out of the admissions office.

waitlisted pre-interview, has anyone had further success with this school following a pre-interview waitlist? Thanks
stats: 505, 3.6

waitlisted pre-interview, has anyone had further success with this school following a pre-interview waitlist? Thanks
stats: 505, 3.6

Those are good stats... Doubt I have a shot here....

Damn. I will never understand this process. Hope you both hear good news later in the cycle!