Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man they aren't playing around this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good lord.... What are the average stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted pre-interview, has anyone had further success with this school following a pre-interview waitlist? Thanks
stats: 505, 3.6

I did! I was put on pre-interview hold in the fall last year. I kept sending in updates when I had something new (such as new grades, a new job, extra shadowing, an internship for the summer) and in February they sent me an II. I just started a few weeks ago at DMU :) Keep showing them that you're interested!

Reactions: 3 users
I did! I was put on pre-interview hold in the fall last year. I kept sending in updates when I had something new (such as new grades, a new job, extra shadowing, an internship for the summer) and in February they sent me an II. I just started a few weeks ago at DMU :) Keep showing them that you're interested!
Thank you for this insight! How did you send your updates?

These DO schools (DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, etc) have the same if not higher matric averages than low/mid (state) tier MD schools. Crazy.

Thank you for this insight! How did you send your updates?

I think I updated AACOMAS with my grades for fall semester and emailed DMU all other updates. Maybe you can update AACOMAS with experience updates like a new volunteer position or shadowing...I'm not sure. I wanted to make sure they were seeing my updates and how much I wanted to go to DMU, so I emailed every couple weeks (if I had something.) I was put on hold in early November and received my II in mid-Feb, so you might have a few months to wait. Keep volunteering, shadowing, etc!

Reactions: 1 user
I think I updated AACOMAS with my grades for fall semester and emailed DMU all other updates. Maybe you can update AACOMAS with experience updates like a new volunteer position or shadowing...I'm not sure. I wanted to make sure they were seeing my updates and how much I wanted to go to DMU, so I emailed every couple weeks (if I had something.) I was put on hold in early November and received my II in mid-Feb, so you might have a few months to wait. Keep volunteering, shadowing, etc!
Awesome, will do. Thank you so much!

Interview September 15th! Does anyone know by chance roughly how many students they ask to interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-Interview hold just now.

I refuse to check my email at the moment...

When was everyone complete??

Interviewing Sept 2nd! So excited. I bombed my first interview at BCOM :( Any tips? Anyone else interviewing on the 2nd?

Withdrew my interview, but good luck to everyone!!!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
As I'm sure many people would like to know this info:

Class of 2018 Boards Performance
95.7% COMLEX I pass rate
544 Average

94.1 USMLE I pass rate (About 60% of class took it)
227 Average

Reactions: 6 users
As I'm sure many people would like to know this info:

Class of 2018 Boards Performance
95.7% COMLEX I pass rate
544 Average

94.1 USMLE I pass rate (About 60% of class took it)
227 Average
Wow that's really impressive!

Reactions: 1 users
II!

If I could dance, I would be doing a happy one right now.

July 19th.
congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats?
I know they're not completely indicative and the admissions process is shrouded in mystery, but I was complete 7/18 and slightly jittery. :whistle:

congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats?
I know they're not completely indicative and the admissions process is shrouded in mystery, but I was complete 7/18 and slightly jittery. :whistle:

506 MCAT
Both science and cumulative GPA were a little over 3.4.

II!! First of the cycle. Complete 8/31

Congrats to all who received an II!!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone know if this school sends out post secondary rejections? Or do you just never hear anything again?

Congrats to all who received an II!!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone know if this school sends out post secondary rejections? Or do you just never hear anything again?
3.8/510

You should have plenty more II's in the cycle. Awesome stats. Good luck!

3.62GPA 502 MCAT URM

II today! Complete 8/6. 3.8X gpa ~513 avg between my 2 mcats. First II of the cycle. So excited

Reactions: 2 users