Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someday. Still feels pretty damn good.

Haha for sure. Awesome having some relaxing time early this fall. Now I have to go cancelling some other interviews but its a good problem to have.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! And it was after walking out of another interview... Too many emotions right now. I interviewed the 22nd. They were fast!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!! And it was after walking out of another interview... Too many emotions right now. I interviewed the 22nd. They were fast!

I know! Less than a week later is crazy.

It was good to meet all who interviewed today, excellent group for sure !

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students speak towards the social atmosphere at the school. I believe this school has exams every week so I was wondering if ppl still find time to go out and have a good time and if there are places in Des Moines to be able to do so. I understand Med school is a grind, but it's important for me to have a good time too.

Reactions: 1 user
Application complete email this morning. Really excited to hear from this school! These next 60 days are going to be fuuunnnn.

Has anyone who interviewed on 9/26 heard back yet?

Can any current students speak towards the social atmosphere at the school. I believe this school has exams every week so I was wondering if ppl still find time to go out and have a good time and if there are places in Des Moines to be able to do so. I understand Med school is a grind, but it's important for me to have a good time too.

Two words: time management.

It is more than possible to study 8-5 every day and do well. The key is to set aside time for yourself every day to do whatever it is you want to do. Have a relatively set schedule and make sure physical activity is included. If you absolutely need your Netflix/crappy tv show time then have it every night before you go to sleep.

There are plenty of fun places to go in the DSM area and there are some pretty good hiking/camping/outdoor activity places you can drive to as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone flying in tomorrow want to get lunch around 2? I have no where to go until around 4 haha.

Has anyone who interviewed on 9/26 heard back yet?
I am dying! I interviewed on this date too, and everyone heard back within a week and I haven't heard yet either! Tell me when you hear!

Interviewing next week and I'm super excited!!!

Interview on 9/26, accepted this morning :)
Stoked. Wanted to go here pretty bad. Thought the area was too beautiful to pass up.

Last edited:
Accepted!!! Super excited!

Just got done with my interview here. Absolutely loved this school. Des Moines is beautiful and the campus is really nice. Was really impressed overall and I'm hoping to hear some good news soon. Also, the interview is super conversational and low stress. They'll ask some stuff about your app but otherwise nothing unexpected.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got done with my interview here. Absolutely loved this school. Des Moines is beautiful and the campus is really nice. Was really impressed overall and I'm hoping to hear some good news soon. Also, the interview is super conversational and low stress. They'll ask some stuff about your app but otherwise nothing unexpected.

Congrats on getting done with the interview. What was the format of the interview? Was it open or closed file?

Congrats on getting done with the interview. What was the format of the interview? Was it open or closed file?
Open file with two professors asking questions. Some people in my group had two professors and a med student but I didn't.

II just now! Complete 9/27 IS

Reactions: 3 users
I am dying! I interviewed on this date too, and everyone heard back within a week and I haven't heard yet either! Tell me when you hear!
Accepted today! So excited! I hope you heard some good news too

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-interview hold today. Complete 8/5.

Bye bye DMU!

Pre II hold as well. Complete mid aug 63-65 LM

Just got a II!
Is anyone else who has a II seeing that there are no interview dates for November or December right now? I can't make any of the October dates :(.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a II!
Is anyone else who has a II seeing that there are no interview dates for November or December right now? I can't make any of the October dates :(.

Congrats! Can I ask when you were complete and possibly your stats? (If they're not already in your sig)

II on 9/23!!!

Also for people wondering about overall percentages/acceptances. Here is the information published by DMU. Interviewed to accepted rate is 73.7%! Edit: This data is from 2015

Applications: 5123
II: 870
Actual Interviews: 669
Acceptances: 493
Matriculate: 221

Reactions: 6 users
Just scheduled my interview for the 28th. Super excited, let's go!

Its been 60+ days for me. I have no expectation for an II, but I would love to hear something!

Its been 60+ days for me. I have no expectation for an II, but I would love to hear something!

When I called before I got my II they said they were in a 75 day turnaround. Took me 64

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone that interviewed on 10/7 have an idea when we will hear back? Turnaround seems pretty quick here

Getting in early tomorrow afternoon. Any recommendations on places to eat or things to do?

Getting in early tomorrow afternoon. Any recommendations on places to eat or things to do?
You gotta go to zombie burger. It's super good and relatively cheap. And then right across the street is a bar called up and down and they have all these old video games like frogger and pacman.

Placed on alternate list post interview. Interviewed October 6th.