Describe how you felt after taking the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanhn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my sophomore year and will begin preparing for the DAT tomorrow (taking it in 6 weeks). Figured some last minute motivation and inspiration couldn't hurt!

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, the moment you get that DAT score report, the world is yours!!
I almost wanted to cry, but didn't.

When the score popped up on my screen, I let out an audible gasp. I knew others were taking very important tests but it was just a brief moment of shock that I couldn't hold in. Once that wore off, I felt like king knowing the time I spent sacrificing and working hard paid off.

At first, I felt sort of numb and worried as the score screen popped up. I frantically skimmed over the numbers to see if anything was below an 18--I thought I had absolutely bombed the PAT section. After realizing that no scores started with a "1," I looked a bit closer and was sort of shocked. And then, after a few more seconds, it hit me and I was ecstatic! I basically ran out to the car to show my mom.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The score report suddenly pops up on your screen after you finish the test, and I thought they were showing an example score report so I know what to expect. Once I saw my name on it though I thought it was too good to be true until they printed out my unofficial score report, then I got pretty happy.

Reactions: 1 user
I finished the QR section with about 2 minutes left, said a prayer, and hit SUBMIT. did that stupid survey and BOOM scores popped up, I was in shock with a little tear because none of my scores were below 20. Got my score report and went home to take about 4 shots of tequila. skipped class that day and just lived in my glory that day....drunk :) LOL

I felt incredibly defeated as I finished up my math. When my scores came, the first thing I looked for were any 1_ scores. I got all 20 and above and was relieved a bit. Then I got really disappointed when saw a 20 (PAT was the top most score), then really excited when I saw a 24 and 23 underneath my PAT score, then got really disappointed when I saw that it was my math and RC, then I got sad that I didn't do that well on the TS as I hoped, then was relieved when my AA was still satisfying. Talk about a roller-coaster.

I finished the QR section with about 2 minutes left, said a prayer, and hit SUBMIT. did that stupid survey and BOOM scores popped up, I was in shock with a little tear because none of my scores were below 20. Got my score report and went home to take about 4 shots of tequila. skipped class that day and just lived in my glory that day....drunk :) LOL
This is the correct way to do it.

My score report didn't pop up on my screen. The first thing I wanted to do was use the bathroom and eat dinner.
Proctor handed me the score sheet. I was so tired I didn't know if I should be happy about my good AA and TS or disappointed by my PAT score.
I was tired and rather conflicted.