Description of fundus photo: terminal branching?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

witzelsucht

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings ophthalmologists and ophthalmologists-to-be:

I was wondering if anyone could help me by either telling me the name of this, or finding a fundus photo of this phenomenon. I am not sure if I am properly describing it, but it is some sort of proliferation of the vessels. You have vessels that have short branches all over the place, and each short branch has like a dozen little tiny short vessels coming off of it. It reminds me of a christmas tree branch almost, like if you imagine you removed all the pines off a christmas tree except for the last 1 or 2 inches on each terminal branch. I tried googling fundus photos, diabetic retinopathy, proliferative DR, etc.

The worst part is I don't even know why I am being driven crazy by this I just rememeber seeing the photo at one point, and you know when you can't really remember something but its on the tip of your tongue? Anyway, I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out since I would like very much to not spend all of MLK day scrolling through google images.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sickle Cell Retinopathy - Sea Fan neovascularization

Members don't see this ad :)