Developmental Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berndtl1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many dental schools actually require it? It is recommended for my degree, but I'm not sure if I have room for it :scared:. If it was absolutely necessary I could make it work. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

None that I know of.

If it is recommended for your degree, won't you be taking it anyways?

Biochemistry is a better option if you haven't taken it already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I need to have 7-9 credits of biology electives to earn the 121 credits necessary for my biology major. There are several options for filling this requirement, and I think some of the other options are more interesting than developmental biology, and I would rather take those classes than possibly "waste" a biology elective credit on a class that might not even be require by many dental schools. Especially since I can earn the 121 credits without it. Hopefully that kind of makes sense?

Biochemistry is required by my degree, so I'll be taking that anyway :)

I need to have 7-9 credits of biology electives to earn the 121 credits necessary for my biology major. There are several options for filling this requirement, and I think some of the other options are more interesting than developmental biology, and I would rather take those classes than possibly "waste" a biology elective credit on a class that might not even be require by many dental schools. Especially since I can earn the 121 credits without it. Hopefully that kind of makes sense?

Biochemistry is required by my degree, so I'll be taking that anyway :)

Ah, well above you had said it was "required" for your major, so I misunderstood. But yeah, take anything else that interests you, especially if the class is recommended by dental schools ;)

How many dental schools actually require it? It is recommended for my degree, but I'm not sure if I have room for it :scared:. If it was absolutely necessary I could make it work. Thanks for your help!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=942453 Guide section 1 pages 8-10.

Taking developmental biology will likely allow you to efficiently recognize fundamental terminology i.e. induction, transduction, process, -blasts, prenatal, etc. commonly found in relevant topics in ds such as oral histology, embryology, dental morphology, periodontics, advance topics, etc.

Also, I would definitely take biochemistry.