Diagnostic Skills Examination (DSE) by Prometric

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turbodoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken the Diagnostic Skills Examination at a Prometric Site? Please PM me with the details.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Barry,

The DSE is developed by a joint committee representing NERB and SRTA and is approved by the American Board of Dental Examiners (ADEX). This examination is currently accepted toward licensure in 40+ states.

A complete description of the DSE can be found in the ADEX Candidate Manual which is available on the NERB website: www.nerb.org. Once there click on the Forms and Manuals tab and you can see or download the manual. If you have been out of school for several years, I would recommend reviewing common clinical and radiographic anatomy, radiographic technique, commonly used medications and their side effects, the current antibiotic premdication recommendations and current CPR procedures.

Ellis H. Hall, DDS

NERB Director of Examinations

Basically the NBDE Part II and a couple years of clinical practice ( In my opionion, Larry A. Barry DDS, ***D)

Reactions: 1 user
I failed by NERB with a 74. Can anyone please suggest how to prepare for it? I took with along with my Part II. Aced the boards but failed the NERB. I dunno what went wrong :/...Any suggestions regarding books, resources would be very helpful. Thanks!

I failed by NERB with a 74. Can anyone please suggest how to prepare for it? I took with along with my Part II. Aced the boards but failed the NERB. I dunno what went wrong :/...Any suggestions regarding books, resources would be very helpful. Thanks!
Im sorry to hear that you failed. Did they make you retake the entire exam or just the DSE portion. I can't seem to get any clear anwers on their site on what happens if you fail. Is there a 3 month wait like NBDE?