Did anyone else apply to the Creighton postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

craigory

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey

Last edited:
yea i just applied there too. i hope i get in too. from what i heard, only 22 people applied this year. so hopefully....let me know if you hear something...

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i just applied there too. i hope i get in too. from what i heard, only 22 people applied this year. so hopefully....let me know if you hear something...

cavity queen--were you extended an invite to apply to this program? I, too, recently submitted my info and haven't received any type of confirmation....it looks like it's just the three of us, for now. here's to hoping.:xf:

I applied as well and haven't heard anything back yet. I called to make sure they had received my application and supporting materials, but didn't hear the final count on number of applicants. Any ideas on when we'll hear about interviews?

I applied for their post-bac program, also. Sounds like it would be a excellent program, but that's just going off what they put on the website. Don't know that much about how a program like this works, but I definitely need all the help I can get. Hopefully they do not have many applicants, because maybe that would help me out. I figured they would get a pile of people going for this. Anyone with any more info, such as structure of the program and such?

Wow! Well that's five of us who have applied accounted for right here! Hopefully we can all be classmates soon.

Jalo, as far as the structure of the program is concerned, I thought the website was pretty clear. What elements of the program are you still unsure about?

EDIT:

On a side note, I know this is nosy on my behalf, but if you guys don't mind sharing, what kind of stats/background are you coming from?

EDIT X 2:

I did a lot of email pestering today and I got word back that they haven't looked at any of the postbacc applications yet. So it seems like we will have to wait a while longer... Good luck everybody.

Last edited:
That would be great if we all get in!!!

Well, I am guessing for the entire year we take science classes in the traditional university setting? Does this mean we repeat undergraduate work?

For me: my G.P.A is a little below average and my DAT attempts are pathetic. Hopefully, my personal statement addressed what they were looking for. Not sure if it all flowed real well, who knows.....

Is anyone applying as part of the Native American Recruitment Collaborative? I attached a PDF about this program. In years past the post bacc has had five seats... and from the way Dr. Ayers explained this at a conference I attended last summer, there will now be eight seats of which three are for Native Americans. I'm not exactly sure how this works, as there isn't a different application for this program, I guess it's just built into the post bacc.

Attachments

• brochure.pdf
    498.8 KB · Views: 162
Wow! Well that's five of us who have applied accounted for right here! Hopefully we can all be classmates soon.

Jalo, as far as the structure of the program is concerned, I thought the website was pretty clear. What elements of the program are you still unsure about?

EDIT:

On a side note, I know this is nosy on my behalf, but if you guys don't mind sharing, what kind of stats/background are you coming from?

EDIT X 2:

I did a lot of email pestering today and I got word back that they haven't looked at any of the postbacc applications yet. So it seems like we will have to wait a while longer... Good luck everybody.

thanks for the update....re: your question....GPA is 3.2/3.5.
DAT was bad......the math and gen chem really hurt me.

i wasn't invited to join the program. my stats are terrible... i have an average score on my dats...terrible grades...and i am currently doing research at UNLV dental school....i really need this...I heard that maybe next week they will review our apps...good luck everyone

thanks for the update....re: your question....GPA is 3.2/3.5.
DAT was bad......the math and gen chem really hurt me.

Wow, I'm assuming CUM GPA 3.2 SCI GPA 3.5?

If that's the case my friend, I'd just buy the DAT Destroyer and spend a couple weeks hitting the books, those stats aren't that bad at all!

Everyone, be sure to post back here if you get an invite or hear from anyone, don't just disappear on the rest of us!

Craigory,
I noticed your DAT was very good (way above me), so you recommend using DAT Destroyer? Do you think it helped you? Is this the main source you used to study from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I have absolutely no idea what I'd recommend to use to study for QR. DAT Destroyer was useless for me when it came to that section.

But for the purposes of Orgo, Bio, Gen. Chem... I can't say enough about the Destroyer. But keep in mind, it's not a reference material. You will need to work through it a couple times and probably refer to other materials when needed!

Ok, thanks. I need to get the Dat Destroyer soon. What about the Organic Chemistry Odyssey, did you use this also?

I didn't bother with Orgo Odyssey because despite what my transcript might say, I actually liked Orgo and thought I was decent at it. Since I never tried that product I can't recommend or vouch for it, but since the Destroyer itself was so good, I might take the risk.

Wow, I'm assuming CUM GPA 3.2 SCI GPA 3.5?

If that's the case my friend, I'd just buy the DAT Destroyer and spend a couple weeks hitting the books, those stats aren't that bad at all!

Everyone, be sure to post back here if you get an invite or hear from anyone, don't just disappear on the rest of us!

hey thanks--I've always wondered about Destroyer....I just bought Crack DAT PAT and Crack DAT Math.....this exam is ruining my life :)

Me too!!! I hate it and even thinking about it or talking about it, like I am doing now.

I called the Dental Admissions office this morning and asked when the Post Bacc committee would be meeting and I was told that they are meeting for the first time this afternoon. I then asked if there was a final application count and she seemed to think it was around 75. She also said that we would probably get e-mails if we are offered an interview, and we'd know in the next week or two.

Has anyone else talked to anyone at Creighton?

I called the Dental Admissions office this morning and asked when the Post Bacc committee would be meeting and I was told that they are meeting for the first time this afternoon. I then asked if there was a final application count and she seemed to think it was around 75. She also said that we would probably get e-mails if we are offered an interview, and we'd know in the next week or two.

Has anyone else talked to anyone at Creighton?

Thank you for keeping us posted. I was much happier when I thought there were fewer applicants. Good luck to everyone! :xf:

I really doubt that there are 75 applicants for the Dental postbacc alone. I'm willing to bet that the number they quoted you was for the Med and Dent postbaccs combined. Check the thread about this program in the postbacc forum - a pre-med is claiming they told him 50 applicants for the premed postbacc, which would make sense - add that to our 25 applicants or so and it sums up.

did anyone notice that one of the premed post bac applicants said the first round of interview invites has already gone out? I really hope this doesn't apply to us.

I'm not sure if they have one committee reviewing the applications for both programs or if there are separate committees for each school. In any case, the program starts in June so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, for better or for worse! Good luck!:xf:

This is really frustating...Has anyone heard anything from the dental school? I guess the medical school post-bac already have letters going out. I hope this is not the case for the dental school post-bac. If anyone hears anything, please pass it along.

I called last week. Has anyone tried calling the admissions office?

I tried calling twice and was sent to voicemail both times.....

No replies to my emails... Anyone have better luck?

I got my letter today for an interview invite. Hope to see you guys there as well.

srb711, Congratulations. I am sure you will really like Omaha and Creighton, in my opinion it seems to be very good dental school. Best of Luck in the future.

Lucky lucky! I didn't get anything, but maybe it's just lost in the mail? HA!

Time to work on my plan C, since Plan B (apply to postbaccs and pray) appears to have not worked out so well...

Just got this...

"...

The committee has sent out letters to the people that they will initially interview. These people have until March 6, 2009 to respond whether they will accept the invitation to interview or not. If all of these applicants confirm that they will come for an interview, then the rest of the post-bac applicants will be informed that they are not under consideration for the program any longer. If not all of those invited actually confirm that they are going to come for the interview, then the committee might decide to offer some additional post-bac applicants the chance to interview.

Hopefully, you will know something in about a couple of weeks.

..."

I also applied to Creighton Post bac program when i was there for my interview... i was close to the dead line so handed them my application and personal intent in person....But haven't recieved anything since then.

Hi Craigory,

Did you receive this update over the phone or was everyone sent an email?

I got that message as a reply to an email I had sent to the school. :(

Did anyone else get an invite? I didn't get one at all.

Well got my rejection from Creighton post bac...well good luck to everyone and dont give up. :)

Yup, just got my rejection email as well. On to the next plan I guess.

hey srb711-

since you received an invite to interview from creighton, do you know if they've already selected the students for their post bac. I know the premed bost bacs have already been selected, but predent is on a different timeline. I only ask because I haven't received any type of notification one way or the other. thanks.

Yep, received a rejection from Creighton post bacc as well.
PLan B: Marry rich older lady with one foot in grave:)

Yup, went down to Omaha and actually got semi-lost down town. It's a lot bigger than I expected, although it doesn't take much to impress me. I live in one of the remotest places in North Dakota. Everyone seemed really nice at the interview. One fear I hadn't considered before became evident. In Dental Anatomy you have to remove the head from the cadaver to work on it separately. Thats just something I am going to have to get used to.

nagore123,

I believe they let everyone know as of Friday (3/27)... All interviews were done on March 19th and they wanted to let us know asap, so everyone can secure housing and funding.

Hey! If anyone is looking for housing my roommate and I are looking for 2 female roommates to share a 5 bedroom 3 bath house about 4 miles from Creighton. Rent is 350. We are both seniors at Creighton.

Did anyone who applied to this hear back yet??

? Anyone else out there apply to this program this year and hear something?

I had an interview on March 7th for the Dental Post Bacc. I got accepted a couple days ago.

ohh ok, thanks! That is great news for you! Do you know if they are all filled up?