Did anyone take the mcat berkeley review class in la last fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuickSN

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN Latecomer here folks! Did anyone take the class early last year in westwood. Can anyone verify what strategy and skills sheets we got from the class? I know it was Math Handout, Reading the graph Handout, and I think I'm missing some. Yeah I did attend those help sessions but my mom trashed a whole lotta papers without knowing what they were. I think I have most of the imp ones. Just to make sure. Anyone? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon guys! :) Someone on here must've taken the westwood class recently. I can't afford to retake the class and I wanted to check if I had the strategy papers becuz some of them might've been trashed out. Help a brotha out SDNers:xf:

So this is for this spring. I'm guessing it's similar enough. I pulled it off of their website.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

Attachments

• Berkeley Review Schedule.pdf
    170 KB · Views: 114
Members don't see this ad :)
C'mon guys! :) Someone on here must've taken the westwood class recently. I can't afford to retake the class and I wanted to check if I had the strategy papers becuz some of them might've been trashed out. Help a brotha out SDNers:xf:

If you took the class, then you should just go in and ask one of the teachers for new copies. They are completely easy going about things like that. Why don't you email one of the teachers? You'll have more luck getting a materials checklist in person or asking a teacher via email than you'd have asking for one here.

I took it a while back and here are my $0.02. They do A LOT of review which I found unnecessary. A lot of detailed stuff you will probably not need on the MCAT. I wished they would have done more practice than review. No help in verbal which is what I needed the most. I think they recently advised against using their verbal practice book. I got almost perfect on all of the test but got an 8 on the real MCAT twice. The writer for the BR is too predictable in answer choices for that matter. This is what I tell everyone: It is good if you don't know a lot of science basics. But, if you know a good amount of the material I would suggest somewhere else. Wish I would have known this before I took the class. Todd is really cool though!

- Sorry read the question wrong and now I see I am no help. GOODLUCK ON THE MCAT!

I thought most of their content review was perfect except for Physiology and some physics (EM). The problem I have with the physiology is that you spend 2 or 3 hours reading the chapter and then you do the passages expecting to be tested on what you learned but instead get questions that extend on the material. This is the the way they taught physiology in the books and it annoyed me because you would get a bunch of passage questions wrong and they explanations served as extra content review. For me personally, I'd rather learn everything once then practice it, instead of getting clobbered in practice and learning through the explanations the full material I wasn't taught in the content. That part of TBR Bio kind of made me mad. I ended up using TPR Bio and EK for biology and using the TBR passages, which are good if you know the material from EK and TPR. The second book was excellent though. I thought in some places they went into way too much detail but the passages and content overall were good in my opinion.

This was kind of off topic but I just wanted to say that after reading the last post. The bio book is good for passages and if you're weak in genetics and Cell bio like I was but I wouldn't do physiology with them.

-LIS