Did I Mess Up??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flin5845

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university has a committee. I opted not to use them, for 2 reasons. the first being is that there was only a week timeframe that the Pre-Dental Students could sign up for an interview and that was late July. I did not want my application to be pending on a single letter. The committee told us the letters would probably be completed by mid August. Also, I had to have my DAT scores by the time of the interview, and I am taking my DAT July 28 and the last day for interviews is the 24th. So I really did not even qualify

My application has been processed through TMDSAS, and AADSAS. and transmitted to schools. The only thing my application is missing is my DAT scores. Since I am a Texas resident, right after I get my unofficial scores I will be faxing them to the Texas schools. My GPA is good (O-3.72, S-3.86 BCP-3.9) I just do not want a letter ruin my chances.

Do you think I messed up my chances because I decided not to use my committee?

Members don't see this ad.

My university has a committee. I opted not to use them, for 2 reasons. the first being is that there was only a week timeframe that the Pre-Dental Students could sign up for an interview and that was late July. I did not want my application to be pending on a single letter. The committee told us the letters would probably be completed by mid August. Also, I had to have my DAT scores by the time of the interview, and I am taking my DAT July 28 and the last day for interviews is the 24th. So I really did not even qualify

My application has been processed through TMDSAS, and AADSAS. and transmitted to schools. The only thing my application is missing is my DAT scores. Since I am a Texas resident, right after I get my unofficial scores I will be faxing them to the Texas schools. My GPA is good (O-3.72, S-3.86 BCP-3.9) I just do not want a letter ruin my chances.

Do you think I messed up my chances because I decided not to use my committee?

The committee letter is always better than individual letters, but there are tons of schools that dont have the committee. I think your late DAT date will hurt a lil more than the letters. But you have really good gpa so i think you will be fine as long as you get a decent score on DAT

The committee letter is always better than individual letters, but there are tons of schools that dont have the committee. I think your late DAT date will hurt a lil more than the letters. But you have really good gpa so i think you will be fine as long as you get a decent score on DAT

Thanks, Yea I wish I had taken the DAT in June, but I was burnt out from last semester, so I decided to take the first few weeks of summer off to refresh myself.

I was just worried about the committee letter because some dental school websites say a committee letter is REQUIRED if your undergrad school has a committee. I just do not know how strict they are on this matter, or if they even know what schools have and do not have a committee.