Did I submit secondaries too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reapplicanthelpme2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS complete and verified by 6/23 but I retook my MCAT and didn't get a score until August 26th. Many of my secondaries were sent in between August 19-Sept 12. I haven't heard ANYTHING from any schools except 1 that I literally just got rejected from 10 mins ago. Did I apply to late? My MCAT got back late so expected to apply late, but still... :-\ Is it too early for me to be freaking out?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a little early to be freaking out. Schools had piles upon piles of applications already by the time you submitted and in some places it's only been 2.5 weeks since your application was complete. Even the ones that you sent early have only been in for a short while. Many people that sent apps in as soon as they could have yet to hear back. I sent my apps in late last year (secondaries weren't in until around this time last year) and I got my first II at the end of October and my last II was extended in February for a March interview. No worries, as long as your stats, ECs and overall app are strong, you'll hear good news - just know that it might take a little while. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
you should ask an adcom member on here

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS complete and verified by 6/23 but I retook my MCAT and didn't get a score until August 26th. Many of my secondaries were sent in between August 19-Sept 12. I haven't heard ANYTHING from any schools except 1 that I literally just got rejected from 10 mins ago. Did I apply to late? My MCAT got back late so expected to apply late, but still... :-\ Is it too early for me to be freaking out?

what was the school that rejected you?

I wouldn't say you applied too late, especially if your stats are decent. At my undergrad, the committee letter takes a while to arrive - my friends and I got em late August - and it doesnt seem to be a problem.

im in your same boat. got my second MCAT score Aug 6, and havent heard back from 20+ schools still.. dont fret yet.