Did You Guys Have to Take a PLACEMENT TEST?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willie Pep

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To the people who graduated with a Bachelor's degree, when you went back to school at a CC to do your prerequisites, did you have to take a placement exam first? (i.e. to check your math and English skills) I would think if you took enough math and English in college you wouldn't need to.

I took precalc, calc, stats, all that in college, but I don't remember much of it, including stuff from algebra, so I'm really worried about this. If I test into a low level math class that keeps me from getting the science classes I need right away, my hopes of applying to PT school next year are gone. And I usually do bad on these types of tests because I get nervous.

I'm gonna go in and talk to the college this week of course, but my nerves are too much right now, so I wanted to hear from some people.

Members don't see this ad.

My CC wanted me to do this as well. I brought in my transcript and showed them the level of classes I had taken and passed. This allowed me to get right into the classes I needed. Should be just as easy for you. No worries!

My CC wanted me to do this as well. I brought in my transcript and showed them the level of classes I had taken and passed. This allowed me to get right into the classes I needed. Should be just as easy for you. No worries!

I did the same. The CC had an "exemption" form and I had to send them transcripts to skip the placement testing. Just ask someone at the school; they should have a system set up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I showed them my college math credits and still had to take the placement (not for English). I just checked a Cliff's Notes on Algebra II and Geometry and such, skimmed it for about a week, then went in and smoked those stupid Accuplacer tests.

dang, I reaallyyyy hope I don't have to take it. It'll take me well over week to go into it feeling confident with all this stuff I haven't used in a long time and likely won't even need for my classes anyway.

If you haven't already taken Physics, you'll be getting a heavy dose of math for this prereq

That's what I hear. Hopefully the fact that I took up to calc and took introductory physics my first year will be enough to save me from this test!